Going through park security pregnant

TinkB278

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I’m currently pregnant and own DVC so we have plans to take our 2 year old in my and then my husband and I will go back alone in June for one last hurrah. However, now that I’m thinking about it, I worry if a second trip is irresponsible. I know that airports and flying expose you to radiation but forgot about also going through security at the parks. I know they have the newer security set up where you pass through a machine but more so just walk through quickly. Does anyone have any insight on the radiation emitted from security check points at the parks? Can you request special screening if pregnant to avoid the machines? I hate to be that person but my future child’s health is too important.

I was pregnant precovid and went to the parks. I had to put my belongings through the security area and they allowed me to walk around security machine. No harm whatsoever. Tell security you are pregnant. Shouldn’t be a problem. Enjoy your vacations!!

Disney parks have metal detectors which do not utilize radiation.

“Do metal detectors emit radiation?

The metal detector does not expose you to ionizing radiation, e.g., x rays; neither do the wands that are used for individual screening. Metal detectors operate by generating a low-intensity magnetic field that passes from one side of the detector to the other.”

Disney parks have metal detectors which do not utilize radiation.

“Do metal detectors emit radiation?

The metal detector does not expose you to ionizing radiation, e.g., x rays; neither do the wands that are used for individual screening. Metal detectors operate by generating a low-intensity magnetic field that passes from one side of the detector to the other.”
This is very reassuring! Thank you!

I was pregnant precovid and went to the parks. I had to put my belongings through the security area and they allowed me to walk around security machine. No harm whatsoever. Tell security you are pregnant. Shouldn’t be a problem. Enjoy your vacations!!
I did the same when flying while pregnant. They’ll just pay you down instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter