Going solo!

tigger71

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, It's been awhile since I've been on the Disboards.
I'm thinking about taking a Solo trip to disney either this friday or next week. I have a couple things up in the air. I'm investigating if I can take my friend's daughter Kayla (11yrs) along. She'll end up missing 2 days of school though. Bottomline is that I need a vacation! and If I can't find anyone to go with me then I'm goin solo! (and I've never traveled alone before-yikes)
My questions are:
If I go by myself and stay at Coranado Springs from 3/14-3/17 do you think it will be very crowded and nuts? I want to relax by the pool and probably go to one or two theme parks while I'm there. I know its spring break season, and I do expect children to be running around, just not sure about the crowds in general.
Anyone else planning to travel solo soon?

I'll take any advice I can from others who have gone to disney alone.

thanks all!

March 2000-Four Points Sheraton Kissamee
May 2002-Downtown Disney Hilton

Hey tigger71!

I stayed at Coronado Springs in May last year --loved the resort. The reasons are numerous. Great sit down, great bus service -even one to Board walk in the evenings, great cast members and service, and last by not least - I loved the quiet pools!

Really unsure about spring break crowds - here in Colorado most spring breaks are still weeks away. Sorry I can't help with those questions - but someone will be along soon that can! :-D

Well there were children at CS - it is also a convention center so lots of singles or adults around

And if you need a vacation - I say go for it! You will be a Disney - you can handle the crowds with a little planning and you will have a great time!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc
Its official! I booked my trip and I'm leaving Friday! I am actually not going solo, I am going to take my friends daughter Kayla (11yrs). She's so excited, this will be her first trip- and I get to take her!

It is so much fun to show someone Disney for the first time. You get to see the wonder all over again. I will be taking my best friend of nearly 40 years this December. This will be her first time. She has no idea what to expect. I am hoping she falls in love with Disney so that I will not only have a best friend but a best friend in Disney.

chessie

Welcome back to the DIS, tigger71. Enjoy your trip. It's always a lot of fun showing a newbie around WDW. I'll bet you have a ball!

You should really try a solo trip someday, though. It is so much fun to tour WDW solo!

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter