Going solo on Backstage Magic!!

CinderALLIE

DIS Veteran
Hi, so I'll be booking Backstage Magic tour for Oct or Nov 2009 :jumping1: . I'm going to be paying supplement and going solo. No one wants to spend the money to go with me :sad: but I feel it's worth it to pay extra. My question is has anyone gone solo on this tour before and what was there experience?:smickey:

Do you mind if I ask the total price of your trip with the single supplement? I'm thinking of doing the same thing next year.

It was $3037us. The price is with the early booking discount. I'll be going Oct20-25 Adults Only I don't know which season that is but it should give you idea on cost.

Thanks. That's about what I expected. I'm tempted to go ahead and book for the fall, but I've never planned a vacation this far in advance.

Do you mind if I ask the total price of your trip with the single supplement? I'm thinking of doing the same thing next year.
The single supplement for all of the trips is 40% of the current trip price.

Sayhello

Thanks. That's about what I expected. I'm tempted to go ahead and book for the fall, but I've never planned a vacation this far in advance.

Yeah I've never booked my vacations this far in advance either, It's a year and a couple of months away til I go although I have planned trips a couple years in advance but they atleast have the flexibility of change. Normally I'd wait til after my upcoming vacations finished and then book, but I wanted to make sure I got this tour. Now I've got 2 countdowns - 1 for this and the other for Dec/Jan trip to Orlando this year.

If Brad is out there, he can tell you his experience as he was solo on our April group. I wouldn't hesitate to do it solo myself (although my hubby would never let me...he always insists on coming along hee hee), as the groups really bond and quickly become a family.

I'll be doing the DVC B/Stage on 9/2 as a solo. Used points for this one and if I remember correctly, it was just under 400 points. Using vouchers for airfare so I feel like the trip wll be well worth it for me as a solo. Was told a few months back that there were 4 solos signed up at the time. Don't know how many solos they ended up with. Will find out in a couple of weeks.

I did the Germany Fairtale trip as a solo and it was great. I was never actually alone with the exception of having a room to myself. That was wonderful. The group bonded very well quite quickly and lots of friendships were made.

I just booked this trip for Nov 09, going solo, I am excited and I am sure it will be lots of fun.

I am paying cash, and I did get the early booking discount. I had several dates and trips quoted for Oct/Nov09 and they all still had the early booking discount. I guess the fall is not a popular time to travel, just hope the trip does not get cancelled.

Lisa

awesome..................

I am paying cash, and I did get the early booking discount. I had several dates and trips quoted for Oct/Nov09 and they all still had the early booking discount. I guess the fall is not a popular time to travel, just hope the trip does not get cancelled.

Lisa

I would love to go on this exact Adventure (the Backstage Magic Oct. 09). You have got me thinking about the possibility of also going solo if I can't talk the hubby into going with me.

:yay: I am sure you will have a fabulous time!:yay:

Hi, so I'll be booking Backstage Magic tour for Oct or Nov 2009 :jumping1: . I'm going to be paying supplement and going solo. No one wants to spend the money to go with me :sad: but I feel it's worth it to pay extra. My question is has anyone gone solo on this tour before and what was there experience?:smickey:

Hi, I went on the Backstage Magisc Tour April 2008. I went with my daughter however, there was one person who came solo. I believe he had a great time. We all tried to include him with us whenever possible but we all felt that he just preferred to be alone. Some people are just like that , so we respected his decision. You can view his thread on the Disboard. Name: BRADK. He took many great pics and posted a daily blog of our trip! It was the April 22nd tour. I AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE A GRAND TIME!!!

I would love to go on this exact Adventure (the Backstage Magic Oct. 09). You have got me thinking about the possibility of also going solo if I can't talk the hubby into going with me.

:yay: I am sure you will have a fabulous time!:yay:

You should definately go even if hubby won't go with you which he'd be mad not to want to go. I have another thread on here somewhere to see if any other disers are going.

Thanks to everyone for your help so far.

It was $3037us. The price is with the early booking discount. I'll be going Oct20-25 Adults Only I don't know which season that is but it should give you idea on cost.

I booked three of us today to go on this tour - all friends. DH's are staying home this time. I am very excited to go again and to experience this tour during the holiday. I tried to get us into the May tour but the Disney Vacation Club took on the week for booking. I was sad as it is my friends birthday and it would have been perfect. We still haven't celebrated her birthday there.

I booked three of us today to go on this tour - all friends. DH's are staying home this time. I am very excited to go again and to experience this tour during the holiday. I tried to get us into the May tour but the Disney Vacation Club took on the week for booking. I was sad as it is my friends birthday and it would have been perfect. We still haven't celebrated her birthday there.

I have another thread to see who's going on tour,

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1908416

Can't wait to see you, I love the fact that you were so into this tour you are going again but with friends

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter