Going on my first cruise and I know NOTHING help!!!

Be sure to purchase drink package. We didn't and regretted it later. Take about $100. for tips. You'll get a brochure in room explaining and advising you what is customary. You will walk a lot. We went on RCI Freedom of the Seas and this is one biiiiiig ship. We didn't leave the ship for excursions. Most probably did but we just loved the ship. Entertainment unbelievably good. After 7 nights I was tired of their food. Go to Chops though. The dinner meal was great the desserts unbelievably non existent. On the dress up nights they DO dress up. I find that annoying but that's the way it is. I would go again in a New York minute.:woohoo:

lilmissdisney216 said:
my mom went on a RCCL cruise YEARS ago and she was telling me how awesome they were then. I'm super excited for the cruise.

cruise critic has been an awesome resource so far! currently reading a TR of someone who was on Allure of the seas. LOVE.IT.

Read Gambee's recent trip report on Allure on the RC board on CC. It was the best trip report I have ever seen and his pictures are amazing. We did Allure in March last year and doing April this year. It's an amazing ship. I also have a string fear of jellyfish and crabs. Never had an issue at any of the islands. As long as I can see the bottom I am good.

I got married on St. Thomas, on the beach, while sailing on Adventure of the Seas.

Read Gambee's recent trip report on Allure on the RC board on CC. It was the best trip report I have ever seen and his pictures are amazing.

Totally agree!!! Here is a link to it http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1737751 You are going to have a lot of reading to do!

That is entirely correct...the corking fee only applies to wine brought into public areas (hence why I mentioned the fee if personal wine was brought into the dining room). No problem drinking it in your stateroom as long as the cruiseline allows it to be brought onboard in the first place.

MJ

Sorry, misunderstanding:flower3:

Love all the information. Our first cruise is coming up on RCL for Christmas. Our ports are the same Falmouth, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I am looking into doing the same resort for a day as that might give everyone in my family the chance to have a great time since our interest are so varied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter