Going North fro DL?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
To get from DL to Santa Monica on a Tuesday morning, what is a practical time to leave the DL area to avoid the worst of the traffic (I know there isn't any time without some traffic :rotfl:)? Our plan was to to an 8:30 character breakfast and then head out on that direction.

All thoughts appreciated....

---Paul in Southern NJ

We left our hotel at about 9am and missed the worst of it - I think your plan is great. You'll be eating your wonderful breakfast while most of the worst traffic is there - and then hitting the best time of the day on the roads. There is always trafic - but there shouldn't be any stop-and -go at that point!

I agree with AFMom. Living in the OC and having to travel up to the LA area for school, traffic was always bad from 630am on till about 930am. By going to breakfast and being on the road by 930 or so, you'll miss most of the bad traffic, and it won't feel like you're sitting in a parking lot. Let's hope for no accidents and no sig alerts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter