Going from Wilderness Lodge to Ft Wilderness Hoop De Do Review

mtfarlin

Mouseketeer
Hi, Going from Wilderness Lodge to Hoop De Review one evening during our stay and how do we get to Hoop de Do review and back to Wilderness Lodge when we are done. Someone will be using a scooter...thanks for any help...

There's an internal bus that runs from Wilderness Lodge to the settlement depot at Fort Wilderness. Hoop de Do is a short walk from the Settlement Depot and then just get back on the internal bus to return to Wilderness Lodge. It's a normal Disney bus that will accommodate a scooter.

Check with the MK bus driver when you are ready to go to Fort Wilderness. The MK bus goes to FW before it goes to MK in the late afternoon and evenings.

This was beyond frustrating for us on our last trip. We drove from WL to FW but couldn’t find parking and had to cancel our ADR. I can’t wait for those friendship boats to get back online!

Could you not take the bus? And I hate to say it, but the resort boats may not be coming back.
We easily could have if we had been told that there would not be parking. Half of our party arrived separately. We had a car and arrived with time to spare to take the bus from the parking lot to the restaurant. In fact, most of us had been dropped off near the restaurant while DH looked AND LOOKED for unavailable parking. Should the ADR clearly state that bus service from WL is required? Because normal people don’t assume things like that.

The bus from WL drops you off at the settlement bus stop. You can almost see the HDDR building from there. If you drive you have to park at the outpost and take the internal bus from the outpost to the settlement.
The yellow bus, the one that goes between the Fort and WL runs about every 20 minutes.
There are literally dozens of threads providing this info on the camping forum, restaurant forum, transportation forum an here on the resort forum. Sorry you were inconvenienced but the info is readily available.

We easily could have if we had been told that there would not be parking. Half of our party arrived separately. We had a car and arrived with time to spare to take the bus from the parking lot to the restaurant. In fact, most of us had been dropped off near the restaurant while DH looked AND LOOKED for unavailable parking. Should the ADR clearly state that bus service from WL is required? Because normal people don’t assume things like that.
Not everyone with an ADR to Hoop Dee Doo is coming from WL. And you don't have to take the bus. A lot of folks from other resorts go to MK then boat over to Fort Wilderness.

We were going to visit from the Polynesian (pony rides). There are boats that run to the Wilderness so we’re hoping that there was an easier way to get to Fort Wilderness.

The internal bus is still reliable?

We were going to visit from the Polynesian (pony rides). There are boats that run to the Wilderness so we’re hoping that there was an easier way to get to Fort Wilderness.

There are no resort to resort boats running any longer. All boats are from resort to the MK and back. Your best bet is to get to MK first, then take the boat to Fort Wilderness.

As far as I know, there has not been a boat from Poly to WL, and right now, the boat that used to go between WL, CR, and Ft. Wilderness is not running, and there's no sign it will anytime soon. As others have mentioned though, you can go to MK and boat over to Ft. Wilderness. Just make sure you get on the Ft. Wilderness boat and not the WL boat.

Just make sure you get on the Ft. Wilderness boat and not the WL boat.
This ⬆
But it's not a deal breaker. If you accidentally get on the WL boat you'll have to jump on the bus to the Fort. They run frequently and you can see the stables from the Fort Settlement bus stop.

This ⬆
But it's not a deal breaker. If you accidentally get on the WL boat you'll have to jump on the bus to the Fort. They run frequently and you can see the stables from the Fort Settlement bus stop.
I only know this because my parents did it by mistake on our last trip...they also got on the Ft. Wilderness bus at HS. Both times they eventually made it back to WL with a story to tell.

As far as I know, there has not been a boat from Poly to WL, and right now, the boat that used to go between WL, CR, and Ft. Wilderness is not running, and there's no sign it will anytime soon. As others have mentioned though, you can go to MK and boat over to Ft. Wilderness. Just make sure you get on the Ft. Wilderness boat and not the WL boat.
Oh I didn’t even know that’s as an option, that would be better!

Yes we were planning to go to MK or resort to resort from the Polynesian.

Last year our teen rode horses (they’re at Tri Circle D ranch if you’re taking a cab) and our 5 year old did the pony rides. We also had reservations at Story Book dining. We had never been before so thought Fort Wilderness and Wilderness were the same resort (people on this board corrected me before we took a cab to the wrong resort).

The bus from WL drops you off at the settlement bus stop. You can almost see the HDDR building from there. If you drive you have to park at the outpost and take the internal bus from the outpost to the settlement.
The yellow bus, the one that goes between the Fort and WL runs about every 20 minutes.
There are literally dozens of threads providing this info on the camping forum, restaurant forum, transportation forum an here on the resort forum. Sorry you were inconvenienced but the info is readily available.
Thank you but we were aware of the buses. We as a family decided the car was best for us in our situation. We left with plenty of time. Our car circled for over 35 minutes and there was no parking. We ate elsewhere.
It was frustrating.
It was better when the boats were running, and it would obviously be better for us if they’d run them again. My budget would allow a ticketed boat ride to FW if the finances of WDW are the limiting factor.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter