Going From Deluxe to Regular Dining Plan

Thank you for clarifying. I won’t bother asking our TA now. I have been flip flopping all over the place regarding wherever we should do Deluxe or stick with the regular plan. we do like TS meals better, but still questioning if we would make out doing deluxe if we just do 2 sit down meals a day?

If one of those 2 is a signature, you'll probably still save money with the Deluxe, but if you don't want to do a signature every day and only do 2 meals/day, you'll lose money because you won't use all the credits.

If one of those 2 is a signature, you'll probably still save money with the Deluxe, but if you don't want to do a signature every day and only do 2 meals/day, you'll lose money because you won't use all the credits.

We are definitely doing CRT breakfast and are considering Flying Fish and Tiffins, but I think that’s it. We considered LeCellier. We tend to like the buffets, because they don’t tend to take as long. I don’t want to have unused credits, but I’m also concerned that we may come close to paying the same price as the deluxe if we keep the regular plan and pay oop for a few meals. Most of our meals are character meals that are more expensive.

We are definitely doing CRT breakfast and are considering Flying Fish and Tiffins, but I think that’s it. We considered LeCellier. We tend to like the buffets, because they don’t tend to take as long. I don’t want to have unused credits, but I’m also concerned that we may come close to paying the same price as the deluxe if we keep the regular plan and pay oop for a few meals. Most of our meals are character meals that are more expensive.

If you are close then I woudl just bite the bullet and book deluxe. That way you get your appetizers as well, and do not need to worry that the one TS is going to put you over the edge.

I finally put your two threads together! If you're going to do the 3 signature above and the breakfast on your arrival day and 3 or 4 more buffets, then you're at 11 or 12 TS credits already. I think it will be easy to get to the 15. They don't have to be fancy; you can do 1 TS credit for all the others, but just schedule two TS meals per day. You can use all the snack credits to fill in, if you need to.

The best way to really tell is to go ahead and make the ADRs for all the places YOU want to eat and check the prices. With the little you've gotten from your DH, I think doing the 3 signatures and everything else just 1 credit will probably be just right for you all. You probably won't need to do QS at all, but you won't be eating all fancy either.

BTW, you can add/change the dining plan as late as 72 hrs before check in, so you don't have to make that final decision until then.

If you are close then I woudl just bite the bullet and book deluxe. That way you get your appetizers as well, and do not need to worry that the one TS is going to put you over the edge.

This is exactly what we decided to do!

I finally put your two threads together! If you're going to do the 3 signature above and the breakfast on your arrival day and 3 or 4 more buffets, then you're at 11 or 12 TS credits already. I think it will be easy to get to the 15. They don't have to be fancy; you can do 1 TS credit for all the others, but just schedule two TS meals per day. You can use all the snack credits to fill in, if you need to.

The best way to really tell is to go ahead and make the ADRs for all the places YOU want to eat and check the prices. With the little you've gotten from your DH, I think doing the 3 signatures and everything else just 1 credit will probably be just right for you all. You probably won't need to do QS at all, but you won't be eating all fancy either.

BTW, you can add/change the dining plan as late as 72 hrs before check in, so you don't have to make that final decision until then.

Wow! Thank you! I didn’t realize we could change the dining so late. That’s very helpful. DH finally gave his 2 cents, which was to just go ahead and upgrade to Deluxe. Now, I’m just trying to make sure I have a mix of TS so that I don’t have 2 long meals each day.

We had ddddp earlier this year & it was wonderful.
It allowed peace of mind more than anything & I had envelopes with cash separately for gratuities.

Dh & I finally had a trip just the 2 of us- late Sept/early October..
With no dining plan at all.
And we missed the snack credits more than anything else!!

We had ddddp earlier this year & it was wonderful.
It allowed peace of mind more than anything & I had envelopes with cash separately for gratuities.

Dh & I finally had a trip just the 2 of us- late Sept/early October..
With no dining plan at all.
And we missed the snack credits more than anything else!!

I hear you about the snack credits! I don't know why, but it hard to make myself plunk down cash for a lot of the snacks I have no problem using a credit on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter