Going for two days - which other Park besides Magic Kingdom should we do?

disneyduonj

Mouseketeer
Me and my 7 year old are going for just TWO days in January. We went two years ago for five days and spent about 1/2 day in Epcot - she hated the frozen ride, 3 days in Magic Kingdom and 1 day in Hollywood Studios. Not sure what to do for one of the days - she is not such an animal person - we don't go to zoos cause she's not so interested and doesn't really like scary rides or roller coasters. We don't eat much in the parks - so that wouldn't be our draw for Epcot. Originally I wanted to do Animal Kingdom cause of the shows but am rethinking that....Looking for suggestions.
Thanks!

If she's not interested in animals, scary rides or roller coasters, sounds like Epcot would be the answer.

If she's not interested in animals, scary rides or roller coasters, sounds like Epcot would be the answer.

Epcot is always the answer:)

Is she too old for the Kidcot stuff? My kids were fascinated; almost to the point of being annoying, and they loved all the little rides at Epcot, just a thought.

Have a blast!

Honestly, I would go with Animal Kingdom for a day. It isn't a zoo, though there are animals. It does have scary rides (Dinosaur) and coasters (Expedition Everest), but there are lots of other options and some really fun shows. (haven't experienced Pandora myself so can't comment on those rides) Plus you haven't seen this park yet and it doesn't sound like there is a different one that really jumps out as a possible favorite other than MK (and 2 days at MK might be a good option as well)

What does your 7 yo like?

Our next visit is just 2 park days - MK and Epcot. If we can only do 2, those are the parks for us.

Since Epcot isn’t ideal for you and based on the fact that she doesn’t want scary/fast rides, isn’t into animals, would 2 MK days work better for you?

Epcot is always a must do for our family, but we’ve never spent the whole day there. We usually hop there to relax especially when staying nearby and can walk from our resort.

I really think Animal Kingdom might be the best for you. It seems that you think it’s like a zoo, and are eliminating it for that reason. To me, the only “animal”/zoo type thing there is the safari and even that is worth riding. Even if your daughter doesn’t care about the animals, I would think riding around the landscape would be interesting for her.

I think Animal Kingdom has the best theming of all the parks (there have been many times when I was actually in Africa that I said “wow, this little detail is identical to Animal Kingdom”). The shows are excellent. And I think you and your daughter would really enjoy the new Pandora section. The rides are not scary at all and it’s beautiful to walk around.

The only things you will want to skip are Everest and Dinosaur since those will probably be too intense for her.

Me and my 7 year old are going for just TWO days in January. We went two years ago for five days and spent about 1/2 day in Epcot - she hated the frozen ride, 3 days in Magic Kingdom and 1 day in Hollywood Studios. Not sure what to do for one of the days - she is not such an animal person - we don't go to zoos cause she's not so interested and doesn't really like scary rides or roller coasters. We don't eat much in the parks - so that wouldn't be our draw for Epcot. Originally I wanted to do Animal Kingdom cause of the shows but am rethinking that....Looking for suggestions.
Thanks!

But AK isn't just about the animals, don't let the name fool you. That is where I take most of my character greets pics! The shows, especially The Lion King are a plus. And even though the animals aren't her thing, I think the Safari would be cool for her just riding in the "jeep" and seeing the amazing landscape.
Otherwise, EPCOT Future World might work for the two of you as well as the World Showcases. I heard the Kidcot activities are pretty cool for children your daughter's age.

I've never understood the Epcot love, for our family it is THE WORST lol.... so I guess it all depends on what you are all into and what excites you etc...

Animal Kingdom has lots of attractions that are fun to look at as well as interact with, with the new Toy Story land I would vote for Hollywood Studio's or as above, just 2 days at MK. But you know them best!

Epcot has more kid friendly rides, but HS has a lot of shows she might enjoy, plus Toy Story land. I love all the parks, but Magic Kingdom is definitely my favorite and I think Epcot is second. We usually do shorter trips and eliminate either HS or AK.

I've never understood the Epcot love, for our family it is THE WORST lol.... so I guess it all depends on what you are all into and what excites you etc...

Just curious, what is it about EPCOT that makes your family go no thanks? For me, it's HS. :duck:

Sorry, I had replied the other day, but my post didn’t save. I would ask your daughter’s opinion, and maybe show her the Disney for Kids book or photos online. My 6 year old is VERY into planning our trip, and she would be able to say whether she is interested in seeing the countries of Epcot (mine can’t wait), the princess shows and TS stuff at DHS, or if there’s so many things at MK that 2 days (and thus now 6 FP) would make most sense.

Would park hopper be worth it for you? One day at MK and start another day at Epcot or animal kingdom then if she’s bored back to MK. Or Epcot AND animal kingdom. Pandora is amazing. I could just sit there all day.

I would do both days in Magic Kingdom, there is plenty to do in 2 days and still not get to see/do everything. We like Epcot but if you only spent a 1/2 day there last time if wouldn't be worth it to spent 1 day of your ticket there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter