Going for 10 days - 5 at DL/DCA. Which days and why?

Absinthe

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

Looking to experience Disneyland for our first big family trip. We have two children that will be 5.5 & 8 at the time.

Dates are in 2020, arriving Wednesday August 26th and departing Saturday September 5th.

Our initial plan is to go Thursday/Friday the 27th-28th, take the weekend off. Go Monday the 31st, and Thursday-Friday the 3rd-4th.

Looking for your insight into which 5 days we should attend in this 10 day period.

Would we miss out only going weekdays? I know APs will most likely unlock the first week as well.

Thanks for all your help

If it were me I would skip Monday the 31st and go on Tuesday. For whatever reason, Mondays always seem busier then the weekends to me but it will be busy during that period anyway so it may not matter.

Hey all,

Looking to experience Disneyland for our first big family trip. We have two children that will be 5.5 & 8 at the time.

Dates are in 2020, arriving Wednesday August 26th and departing Saturday September 5th.

Our initial plan is to go Thursday/Friday the 27th-28th, take the weekend off. Go Monday the 31st, and Thursday-Friday the 3rd-4th.

Looking for your insight into which 5 days we should attend in this 10 day period.

Would we miss out only going weekdays? I know APs will most likely unlock the first week as well.

Thanks for all your help
You can keep an eye on those dates to see how they go this year.
With it being 15 months away, so many things can change from what is recommended today.

Good to get an idea but you might want to ask for an update closer to your trip.

Geemo

You should check on fireworks shows. We chose to tour California first and end up in Anaheim for our last 7 days. Worked out to keep our rental car for an extra day and hit one of the local beaches for whale watching. Then we returned the car and concentrated on Disneyland. We took one break day in the middle to get some sleep since the max is 5 day tickets.

Those days should be ok with most schools in session. I agree that Mondays are worth avoiding. Actually Saturdays are pretty good days as passholders are often blocked.

Thanks all!

You can keep an eye on those dates to see how they go this year.
With it being 15 months away, so many things can change from what is recommended today.

Good to get an idea but you might want to ask for an update closer to your trip.

Geemo

Definitely watching the same dates/days this year for wait times. Rise of the Resistance opening around then will skew the numbers a bit though.

If it were me I would skip Monday the 31st and go on Tuesday. For whatever reason, Mondays always seem busier then the weekends to me but it will be busy during that period anyway so it may not matter.

Good idea. I’ve been reading the same thing. People taking a Monday’s off vs Friday’s

I would diffenately want to be there on Friday and Saturday. With only weekdays you will likely miss out on parades and shows/fireworks and much longer operating hours.

Keep an eye on this thread (Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY!) which will cover your dates this year. You should get an idea of when HM will go down for the NBC overlay and when SM will go down for the GG overlay. Also, Halloween Time starts on 9/06 this year, which will bring in the local crowds to see all the decorations and the themed rides. If Halloween Time starts as early as 9/04 next year, that will affect the crowds for sure.

I would diffenately want to be there on Friday and Saturday. With only weekdays you will likely miss out on parades and shows/fireworks and much longer operating hours.

This was my main concern.

Is there a parade thread with the details?

This was my main concern.

Is there a parade thread with the details?

Parades and shows change quite often so whats going on now will likely change but the reduction in entertainment at Disneyland has been a constant for years now and will likely continue. But something you should consider is in early September you may have some closures in preparation for Halloween due to the time of the year (just before Halloween events).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter