Going even though its crowded....???

hedge333

Mouseketeer
We may have the opportunity to visit WDW the week before Easter. We have been this week before about 7 years ago so I know it will be super crowded. We have been a few times since then and it was less crowded so I don't know if we really remember what crowds are like. It would either be that week or maybe summer (I'm a teacher so we have to go when I am off). Should we go for it or wait until summer?

We have never been the week before Easter (usually go in March) so I can’t speak to the crowded conditions, but DH (teacher, too) and I went this past July for the first time in 6 years and quickly remembered why we have been avoiding summer in FL. Heat/humidity were oppressive, and we are even used to hot/humid summers in Ohio. However, the crowds were the lowest we’d ever seen during the summer months. I’m not sure if Star Wars not opening until Aug. had an impact or if people have simply shifted to other times of the year.
So, in answer to your question, weather is definitely better spring break, but crowds were better in July...at least this past summer.

We always go the week around the 15th of August. (We don't go back to school till after Labor Day). While it is not and humid, crowds are lower. Schools in Florida usually start the Monday of that week.

I'll go the week before Easter. I'll never do summer again. Thought I'd die from heat stroke. Yeah I'm a Northwest wimp.

If it's anything like the week of Christmas - New Years, temper your expectations of how much you'll get to do and you'll have a great time!

I would do Easter over August.

I've been both times of year often and it's hard to pick one over the other. We've definitely had cooler weather over spring break and it's nice being there when you don't feel like you're going to melt as soon as you walk out of your hotel room. However right before and after Easter the crowds are thick....really thick. On the plus side for Spring is nicer weather and the Flower and Garden festival at Epcot - on the downside is the crowds. If you're ok with riding fewer rides, taking more time to get places, super long lines to get food, feeling like you'd sell your soul to find a place to sit with your lunch once you buy it as you loop the restaurant endlessly to find a seat.....then Spring is a great time to go.

After 2 summer trips I will always pick better weather. Loved the low wait times last September, but I just can’t do it again.

My credo is either weather or crowds but not both. We visited last month; the weather was -not surprisingly - hot, humid, and hideous. And the crowds were high; it was early August and during free dining. We had a good time, but we’re WDW veterans and know we’ll be back. Having to deal with both can make for a long day with frayed nerves.

We did a quick visit in late April this year and the weather was glorious. The crowds were high at Epcot for the Flower festival, but the weather made it much more enjoyable. I would rather not deal with both, but good weather is a gift, not a given.

We have been Easter week, Christmas week, July, September (Once during Irma) and we prefer Christmas week over any other time. Easter week is no where as crowded as Christmas week and weather is better than July.

After 2 summer trips I will always pick better weather. Loved the low wait times last September, but I just can’t do it again.
That’s us. We know Mardi Gras will be packed, but after this last July we are going Feb again. And I don’t find a huge difference beteeen crowded & more crowded. I’ll take more crowded & a little cooler!

I’m a teacher so I usually go at the holidays or summer. I was there over Easter weekend this year and didn’t think the crowds were that bad. The weather was SO nice! Went again in August...oh the heat! I’d pick April over August if I were you.

It depends which you like less - crowds or heat. Although next summer, all of SWGE will be open, so summer might be heat and crowds.
Personally, I would do around Easter. Just expect it to be busy and plan for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter