Going back to the world at last!! PTR for a March 2024 WDW Trip!! And a bonus Jan 2024 trip!

KathyM2

DIS Veteran
Hellooooo out there all old and new DisFriends!!

I have not been back to the world since our March 2020 trip was cut short by you know what.....

But I finally have a trip on the calendar and can't wait to start planning it....except...I completely forget how and everything has changed since the last time I was there!! AND we are staying offsite and I have no idea how things work!!

But there you have it...

We will be staying at a condo at Vista Cay from March 8-22. I will have an AP, but my friends and family who will be around for different parts of the trip will not...and it remains to be seen how many days everyone will want to do in the parks. I am hoping that "I" will be able to spend lots of time in the parks with or without them...and also have some DisMeets!!! So please bring on all your tips and tricks post 2020!!

Have not really done anything yet and don't even know where to start, but can't wait to get back there!!

March 2024 twins...
I will be following along! We are headed back for a girl's trip and staying at Pop for the 1st time!

Good afternoon!! It's early days for our March 2024 trip plans...but we have started initial conversations about who wants to do how many park days and which parks we will do. Also starting to try to figure out what restaurants and ADR's we want to try to get.

If things go with way I'm thinking...we will have one or two park days that overlap with both my kids and their significant others...so I'm trying to decide what's best to do with those. Most likely MK day, and try to get BOG...and then maybe DHS and of course Rise and maybe a table service there as well. Everything has changed so much though since the last time I've planned a Disney trip...so any tips would be much appreciated....as well as recos if you could only do one TS at each park what would it be? I know there are a range of opinions here...but would love ideas. I've never been to Crystal Palace or the CRT...but I know those are hard to get especially for spring break time....

I think our first park way will probably be March 9...which is a Saturday so bound to be super busy.....I'm wondering if we should avoid MK that day but at the same time...it might be the only day we get to have our whole group so...might have to do it anyway...

Hi gang...as usual I'm struggling to keep up with my own PTR even lol...but there you have it.

I've been away from WDW for so long...the planning is now even more overwhelming that before!! or it's just me lol. I think I shared before that I have an AP that I can activate the next time I get back to WDW. Turns out...that's gonna be even sooner so I may have to change the title of this PTR. My mom and I are going on a cruise in early Feb that just happens to be out of Cape Canaveral..no not a Disney cruise oh well lol....but of course as soon as I realized we'd have to fly to Orlando I was like "mom do you wanna go a few days early so we can do some Disney?" and she was all for it - even though she probably won't do parks...she's happy to come along...so what that hopefully means for me is...DISMEETS!!

I will be in WDW at the Dolphin from Jan 29 to Feb 2...

So anyone who's around on Jan 30-Feb 1 - lemme know your plans because I WANNA hang if you are up for it!! And also haaaalp with the planning!! This will be a good intro for me that's less pressure than trying to plan our whole family's trip in March!!

Hi gang...as usual I'm struggling to keep up with my own PTR even lol...but there you have it.

I've been away from WDW for so long...the planning is now even more overwhelming that before!! or it's just me lol. I think I shared before that I have an AP that I can activate the next time I get back to WDW. Turns out...that's gonna be even sooner so I may have to change the title of this PTR. My mom and I are going on a cruise in early Feb that just happens to be out of Cape Canaveral..no not a Disney cruise oh well lol....but of course as soon as I realized we'd have to fly to Orlando I was like "mom do you wanna go a few days early so we can do some Disney?" and she was all for it - even though she probably won't do parks...she's happy to come along...so what that hopefully means for me is...DISMEETS!!

I will be in WDW at the Dolphin from Jan 29 to Feb 2...

So anyone who's around on Jan 30-Feb 1 - lemme know your plans because I WANNA hang if you are up for it!! And also haaaalp with the planning!! This will be a good intro for me that's less pressure than trying to plan our whole family's trip in March!!

What a nice little bonus trip. I'll be at Disney a little after you leave. We don't arrive until the 6th of February.

Hellloooo out there...

We are now booked for the following bonus trip!!

Monday Jan 29- Friday Feb 2 - staying at the Dolphin!! My mom and I.

Since I will have an AP I hope to do a few park days, but not necessarily long ones...and some DisMeets...if anyone is up for it!!

and then the original trip

Friday March 8-Friday March 22 - Staying offsite at Vista Cay - partially with mom and DD Alexis (18) and her BF, and partially with DS (21) and his GF.

My kids are going back to school around March 17 so I will then have a few more days with my mom, who probably won't do parks, so also hoping for some solo park time and DisMeets here too...

DS is already angling for a behind the scenes tour...we shall see...they are pricey...however...it may be a good way to spend the day on a super busy Saturday in March - which may be the only day that all of us will be in the parks together...so...thinking seriously about that.

Found out today (probably not news to anyone here) that you can now only book ADR's 60 days out now? So I guess I can put off the planning for that for a while...

But I also learned that AP holders will still have to mark park reservations after Jan 9, even though regular ticket holders won't? What's up with that nonsense?

So I guess I have some time to learn how all the new Genie and ILL stuff works....and if we want to spend the money on it...probably yes since we are always there in the busiest possible times. I am glad that I get a preview trip where I can try it out before everyone depends on my to understand it all!!

Hellloooo out there...

We are now booked for the following bonus trip!!

Monday Jan 29- Friday Feb 2 - staying at the Dolphin!! My mom and I.

Since I will have an AP I hope to do a few park days, but not necessarily long ones...and some DisMeets...if anyone is up for it!!

and then the original trip

Friday March 8-Friday March 22 - Staying offsite at Vista Cay - partially with mom and DD Alexis (18) and her BF, and partially with DS (21) and his GF.

My kids are going back to school around March 17 so I will then have a few more days with my mom, who probably won't do parks, so also hoping for some solo park time and DisMeets here too...

DS is already angling for a behind the scenes tour...we shall see...they are pricey...however...it may be a good way to spend the day on a super busy Saturday in March - which may be the only day that all of us will be in the parks together...so...thinking seriously about that.

Found out today (probably not news to anyone here) that you can now only book ADR's 60 days out now? So I guess I can put off the planning for that for a while...

But I also learned that AP holders will still have to mark park reservations after Jan 9, even though regular ticket holders won't? What's up with that nonsense?

So I guess I have some time to learn how all the new Genie and ILL stuff works....and if we want to spend the money on it...probably yes since we are always there in the busiest possible times. I am glad that I get a preview trip where I can try it out before everyone depends on my to understand it all!!

On our 2022 trip we only booked Genie+ for Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I didn't really feel the need to in EPCOT and we skipped AK that trip just because it was a short trip and we didn't feel it was worth wasting a park ticket on it since not everything was back by then (even though FOP is my favorite ride at DW-but full disclosure I haven't been on GoG yet so it may replace FOP). Then again we also was there in Early February so things were doable without Genie+ in EPCOT and we just bought ILL for Remy that day since it was still new. We definitely got our moneys worth out of Genie+ in the other two parks though (and that was with hubby missing the first party of our HS day with tummy issues.

Then again we also was there in Early February so things were doable without Genie+ in EPCOT and we just bought ILL for Remy that day since it was still new. We definitely got our moneys worth out of Genie+ in the other two parks though (and that was with hubby missing the first party of our HS day with tummy issues.
This is good info!! I may or may not get it in our late Jan trip...but I think I will need it in March...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter