• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going back for the first time since the pandemic hit!

TheZue

DIS Veteran
I've got hotel questions. We are looking at either the Fairfield or the Holiday inn on Manchester. My big question is around how the area is now. I know most cities have faced pretty serious decline over the past few years and am curious how the walk off of harbour is. Last time we stayed off site we were at the Fairfield and I had zero problems with my teenager walking back to the room on his own. Would that still be save for a very large 15 year old boy? And more importantly, would he be okay walking over to the Holiday Inn? He walks around our city alone with zero problems.

Oh, it's totally fine on Harbor, and the Disney surrounding area. That's super close too, so I don't think there would be any issues. Thee are always lots of other tourists waliking around. Sometimes you will see a homeless person on a corner, but they typically don't bother anybody that I have seen.

Oh, it's totally fine on Harbor, and the Disney surrounding area. That's super close too, so I don't think there would be any issues. Thee are always lots of other tourists waliking around. Sometimes you will see a homeless person on a corner, but they typically don't bother anybody that I have seen.
Thank you! I was hoping it was still all good in the resort zone but didn't want to assume :)

Thank you! I was hoping it was still all good in the resort zone but didn't want to assume :)

Well, it's been a little over a year for me, but it was fine last I saw and I ahven't heard of any major issues.

We were at the Fairfield on Harbour a couple weeks ago and there were a few homeless on the sidewalk to the side and resting at the bus stop. At most we'd pass four or five on the walk but they were gone by the next day. As always, they left us alone and I never once felt unsafe. I did see more merchants than I remember.... we had so many at the end of the night it took longer than normal to cross at the crosswalk since fewer folks could squeeze through. Big fruit stands on both sides of the street, a gentleman selling water, one with a parrot, another with toys, a person with a small tray of chips and drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter