Going all out for New Years

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
It will be DH our Ds (12) and 2 nephews ages 14, 13 and myself.
We will be staying 9 nights and I have a disability so I can’t do not stop parks so we need a place that has things for the boys to do plus some New Years Eve activity’s or at least a place to watch some fireworks. So far this is what we have in mind, why we think we want to stay there and maybe a question

CR, location and larger room size, we will probably do a garden wing but may consider lake view tower room is there is a good reason to get that room type

GF location and it’s my favorite!

Fort Wilderness cabins, the extra space but I have no idea about resort activities and firework viewing

OKW because of boat to Disney Springs, larger size rooms (1 bedroom) but again idk about resort activity

BW - location, ok room size and I heard there is a lot of resort activities
Ideas!?!?! Thx

If you are willing to spend some extra money on a NYE event, I would probably pick CR as they had a number of special events last year (including a Pixar Party), that included viewing of the fireworks. Not cheap, but super convenient to stay at CR and go to one of the events. Personally, I would pick the garden wing at CR. You'll save some money and you won't have to constantly deal with the elevators in the CR tower which get really backed up.

GF would be my second choice. Though I don't know what kind of activities they have at the resort for NYE, you would have access to many fireworks viewing areas at that resort.

Here is a list of NYE activities they had last year at WDW: https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/disney-world-new-years-eve/

What about staying in an Epcot area resort and let DH take the kids to Epcot for NYE? You can go for as long as you are able and then back to the resort to rest?

Other idea is a split stay. Stay up until Dec 31 at the CR so u can all go back and forth easily to MK (the party at MK on the 30th is really fun and identical, although less crowded, than the party on the 31st).

Then on the 31st, move to an Epcot area resort for Epcot NYE fun and concentrate on Epcot/DHS for that half of the trip.

I would to BW or look into YC/BC especially with ages of the kids. The pool at YC/BC is great for that age plus there is a ton to see and do on the Boardwalk in the evenings and the kids could walk to EP if you think they are responsible enough.
GF would be my second choice because of the location. Ability to walk to the poly or take the monorail. The walkway to MK would be open then too? You can watch the. Fireworks from the marina and It’s not nearly as crowded as the Poly beach. I’m pretty sure the GF is some of the largest rooms on property too and I overall think the pool is better at the GF than CR.

OKW won't really have any viewing of fireworks. You might hear them from Epcot, but you probably won't see much.

We do a split stay for NYE. BLT up to the 30th because we watch MK fireworks and then BW so we can easily go to Epcot on 31.

We had rented a pontoon boat for the MK fireworks on the 30th one year. It wasn’t as expensive as renting one on NYE. We also have rented a pontoon boat for Epcot’s fireworks on NYE. That was about $1000. We used the Theme park community board here to rent out spaces. So, 10 people altogether, $100 per person. That was 5-6 years ago.

Yes, there is lots of activity at the Boardwalk! We have spent hours there, and just walked over to Epcot to find a place to see fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter