• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go with the flow DUDE.....*a few final thoughts 10/19

Luckily, DH likes all the DISers we met :cheer2: He can be grumpy sometimes :rolleyes:

That Janet..... Donde estas mi amiga?????:upsidedow

I'm looking forward to those DIS meet photos! :dance3:
It's almost Friday, close enough. :laughing:
Have a great weekend Pas. :goodvibes

Monday August 25th

The problem with the fact that I waited too long to do my TR is my memory stinks :headache: So with the help of MDE and my DAS cards I pieced it all together..somewhat. Forgive me my friends :grouphug:

Our plans for the day....DHS...where did we go Animal Kingdom :cool2:

Why? Because DH had lots of stuff there he wanted to see...and it's not just my babies I wanted to keep happy :flower3: So off to AK we went :goodvibes

We really took our time to see the sight and exhibits, as we walked in the kids all joined the Wilderness Explorers. They LOVED this. You get badges (stickers) at various exhibits, all the while learning about cultures and animals. :teacher:

DH and I still do the handshakes ;) Here's a pic of us....

The rest of the kids were earning their "music badge"

ETA: Wilderness Explorers is from the movie "Up", Russell was a Wilderness Explorer. It was really cute, and a great addition to the AK experience. The goal was to go get badges so that's what they did. It was cool that even my DS13 was totally into it!

I'll have to return later as I can't find some of my pics :rolleyes1

I didn't take a lot of pics this day. :rolleyes1 Shocking, I know :lmao: Little man wasn't much in the mood for animals so we did the train to Rafiki's Planet watch and he hung out on my lap inside. Cuddles are awesome, I will take them all day, every day!! :thumbsup2 DH took the others to the Affection Section

Hidden Mickey, my girls said
Girl in the green shirt isn't one of mine (as far as I know)
All mine :grouphug:
That girl in the green tank IS mine...:lovestruc

After a few train rides, we did the Safari and no bridges were broken on that tour :thumbsup2 Then we did the Pangani Trail...DS5 and I took LOTS of breaks...again he was just not in the mood for animals. We headed over to the Boneyard and got some snacks, while the others did the Jungle Trek. We were honestly there all day, and headed back for some R&R in the villa :cloud9: The kids didn't want to leave as they only got 25 out of 36 (I think) badges...:upsidedow DH is still raving about how great AK is :cheer2:

It sounds like a fun day at AK! I really love that park, too. Some people will say to only do half days there, but for me, I want at least one day if not more. There is just so much to see if you love animals. :)

It sounds like a fun day at AK! I really love that park, too. Some people will say to only do half days there, but for me, I want at least one day if not more. There is just so much to see if you love animals. :)

I totally agree, we were always 1/2 day people...especially since we usually go in the summertime. I underestimated all there really is to see and do. My DIS friends TR and plans is what got me back there honestly. And now my DH has a favorite park. :goodvibes Not an easy feat for my Iniversal-adoring hubby :rotfl:

Wow! What a great day in AK. Glad the kids enjoyed the Wilderness Explorers experience. AK has become a half-day park for us since we travel in the summer and is So.Darn.Hot there!

Very cute pictures of the kids with the animals at the Affection Section.

:goodvibes

Great updates, Jeanette.

We must PLEASE hubby so he will go back to Disney and if AK is what he likes than that is what he must get. I do agree with him, however. I LOVE AK!

Great pics of your kids in the affection area (love the hidden Mickey).

Sorry they didn't get all their badges; there is always next time.

Love the goats so it's hard getting the KOOK Crew out of there. Such cute photos. The girl in the green easily blends in with your girls what with the curly hair. Are you sure you didn't leave one behind?

It's funny how easy it is to forget those trip details. We go over them for months before hand and have every minute planned and memorized then POOF! We come home and I start looking for receipts to remind me what I ate and where we went each day. You also have a tad more to remember than most of us…like that girl in the green you forgot was yours:scratchin:duck:

Wow! What a great day in AK. Glad the kids enjoyed the Wilderness Explorers experience. AK has become a half-day park for us since we travel in the summer and is So.Darn.Hot there!

Very cute pictures of the kids with the animals at the Affection Section.

:goodvibes
Thank you Dee. I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of pouty sitting inside with DS5 as the kiddos were having a blast. I love that my DH was texting oodles of pics though:goodvibes We did stay nice and cool and get to see some live animals as well. DS was just not in an animal mood that day :rolleyes: It is WAY hot there I agree!!!

Great updates, Jeanette.

We must PLEASE hubby so he will go back to Disney and if AK is what he likes than that is what he must get. I do agree with him, however. I LOVE AK!

Great pics of your kids in the affection area (love the hidden Mickey).

Sorry they didn't get all their badges; there is always next time.
That's what DH said. Always next time...we may have to start over though as I have no clue where they put their booklets :guilty: I am so glad he loved AK as it got me a Disney trip next summer :yay: Hidden Mickeys were a big hit the whole trip as well. That one was supper cute. Safe trip home today Kathy :hug:

Love the goats so it's hard getting the KOOK Crew out of there. Such cute photos. The girl in the green easily blends in with your girls what with the curly hair. Are you sure you didn't leave one behind?

It's funny how easy it is to forget those trip details. We go over them for months before hand and have every minute planned and memorized then POOF! We come home and I start looking for receipts to remind me what I ate and where we went each day. You also have a tad more to remember than most of us…like that girl in the green you forgot was yours:scratchin:duck:
Oh boy, I left a child behind.....no wonder I always feel like I am missing something :lmao: I really tried to take notes and such....but alas..best.laid.plans....

Awww your DH and DD love it there too? Sweet! It really was a great area (from the parts I was allowed to see)

So R&R at the villa is not what we did.....we went to Epcot :rotfl2:

How can I forget that??? :coffee:

We did Spaceship Earth, this time in French I believe :)

We hit up Mission Space and Test Track again, using same procedure...grab DAS return time for TT and hit MS (yes I did Green again..totally fine with green)

Epcot is DS5's favorite park and TT is his favorite ride :cheer2:

Look who got their own car

After TT it was World Showcase time :thumbsup2

First stop was to try the Cronut! It was sooooo good. Crisp and cinnamony (I know that may or may not be a word), and flaky and warm inside. Everyone loved this treat. :goodvibes

Now it was food time..(yes we eat dessert first) So it was England for Fish and Chips! Another family fave!!! We ate it by the maze garden, it was so nice! Sorry that we skipped Canada but my kids were on a food mission....

France was next, and it was getting late so we went by the water and grabbed a seat for Ilumination. I went for Grey Goose slushies, I made two trips and got two of each. Dh and I both were double fisted drinking that night ;) We chatted about hitting the BW after the show, but decided to just get back to OKW since it was a long day.

Iluminations was lovely, we had a great spot and all the kids were ezcited to see it. I am ashamed it took us so long to see it again!

Here's a pic from the way out after the show, we didn't get very far around WS did we? :rotfl2:

Nice night at EPCOT, even if you didn't make it very far around the world.

I love Spaceship Earth! I haven't done the narration in another language, but I would probably try French since I have 4 years of HS French under my belt.

YAY for Test Track and Mission Space!

I totally forgot to try the Cronut in August!!! :mad:

I have never tried the Fish and Chips from the UK stand

:sad2:

How cool that everyone love Illuminations. Watching it while cooling down with a couple of slushies is a good way to do it!

:thumbsup2

Nice night at EPCOT, even if you didn't make it very far around the world.

I love Spaceship Earth! I haven't done the narration in another language, but I would probably try French since I have 4 years of HS French under my belt.

YAY for Test Track and Mission Space!

I totally forgot to try the Cronut in August!!! :mad:

I have never tried the Fish and Chips from the UK stand

:sad2:

How cool that everyone love Illuminations. Watching it while cooling down with a couple of slushies is a good way to do it!

:thumbsup2

It was interesting in French, I tried to figure it out. At least Spanish I understood :lmao: The part at the end was pure guessing when you had to choose preferences. DS picked everything :upsidedow

I would've totally missed the Cronut if my kids weren't asking for hot dogs...glad we didn't..maybe next August you can get back??? The cronut will be my treat :hug: I think my picky DD7 and DH had a hotdog actually and the rest of us got Fish and chips. First I got one order, but after everyone took a bite (and finished it on me) we got more :thumbsup2

Iluminations is going to be a mustdo next trip as well!!! :cloud9: The walk to IG to get to BW was :scared: crazy crowded. I'd like to hit BW in the future as well :beach:

I am completely at a loss of what we did this day besides MK....:sad2: But it very well be what we did....I know we grew accustomed to sleeping in past 10am, and leisurely making breakfast. I know this was our Anna & Elsa meet and greet night...my guess is we got to MK around 3pm...again a guess :confused3

My fav pic :goodvibes
I think I may have hit a target so DS was NOT happy with me :confused3

I do know we did the following (not particularly in this order):

it's a small world (DS5 and DD9 are the only ones willing to repeat this ride with me..ever :snooty:

Peoplemover then Buzz..(see Buzz pics above :bitelip: )

Continued in next post because the A&E meet deserves it's own post pixiedust:

To be continue soon....promise ::yes::

Hi Jeanette and friends :flower3:

Jeanette, loving all your Memory Maker pix!! So happy you decided to get it. It left you free to relax and have fun with the fam. :goodvibes and hey, sleeping in IS good! You are on vaca!!!

Great TT pix and btw I’ll ride with Handsome anytime :) … and yes, that ride turns me into the HairMomster too! :rotfl2: TOT... :thumbsup2 well Sam officially loves this ride!! We rode twice with Linda, Jess and then we rode a few more times on Monday. so wish we got to ride with you. next time, hold that elevator will you?? :upsidedow

Kudos for Big Brian braving EE! :cheer2: We love this ride.

Here’s our girl's pix in MK.. it doesn’t include all of us:) but that’s for our next DIS trip right? :cool1:

Hugs!!!! Bff :hug: you were definitely the DISmeet master. I still kinda wish DH said yes to a night or two at YC but hey there's always Poly 2015, right? ;)

Hi Jeanette and friends :flower3:

Jeanette, loving all your Memory Maker pix!! So happy you decided to get it. It left you free to relax and have fun with the fam. :goodvibes and hey, sleeping in IS good! You are on vaca!!!

Great TT pix and btw I’ll ride with Handsome anytime :) … and yes, that ride turns me into the HairMomster too! :rotfl2: TOT... :thumbsup2 well Sam officially loves this ride!! We rode twice with Linda, Jess and then we rode a few more times on Monday. so wish we got to ride with you. next time, hold that elevator will you?? :upsidedow

Kudos for Big Brian braving EE! :cheer2: We love this ride.

Here’s our girl's pix in MK.. it doesn’t include all of us:) but that’s for our next DIS trip right? :cool1:

Hiya friends,
Loved the photo! Lots of happy faces. :dance3:
I'm looking forward to the A&E post. :cool1:

Hugs!!!! Bff :hug: you were definitely the DISmeet master. I still kinda wish DH said yes to a night or two at YC but hey there's always Poly 2015, right? ;)

yes POLY 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya friends,
Loved the photo! Lots of happy faces. :dance3:
I'm looking forward to the A&E post. :cool1:

:wave2: Ginny!!!

I'm waiting for those sure to be adorable pix!

Our MK evening..

I vaguely recall our MK rides Tuesday evening, however the order escapes me :scratchin There was dinner mixed in there as well...

DS13 and DH chose Pecos bill's pulled pork sandwiches..YUM However that was our second stop, after Haunted Mansion I spotted Columbia Harbor House and that is where I wanted to eat....

I had the Lobster Mac and cheese, and jennyjinx you were SOOOO right, it was DEEEEEE-lish!! :thumbsup2 The girls and DS5 had regular mac n cheese kids meals which they were very happy with :goodvibes

I do believe we snuck on BTMRR while the big boys ate, plus got DAS return times too ;)

what other rides....

it's a small world (there was this REALLY annoying woman taking selfies in front of us..DD9 and I may have photobombed a shot or two)

Peter Pan (utilizing DAS helped a bundle here)

Under the Sea...more groans then iasm from the kids on this one..however DD9 and DS5 loved it!

Barnstormer, and then they all refused to do Dumbo...DD9 said it looked like a carnival ride and she hates clowns :faint:

Somewhere in the mix was our Anna & Elsa meet and greet.:lovestruc

Let me say, they were amazing!!! Elsa was SO engaging with DS5, and DD7 was over the moon to meet Anna :love:

DH didn't love that last pic.....:rotfl: But the girls look so cute in it.....

After A&E we did SDMT!!!! And then headed to Pirates....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter