• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go to WDW W/out Dh or go someplace else in November?

budbeerlady

<font color=blue>I call DH The STREAK!!<br><font c
Dh had said No disney this year, he has had enough for a year or two. :sad2:
So we planned a trip without him, just us girls during the mens deer hunting week. DD, Dm-n-Law, and I were/are going to go to Disney in November. Now he is pouting and doesnt want us to go without him. :rotfl2: He is being silly about it but its making me feel kinda bad.:rolleyes1 (He isnt being grumpy or mean, but more of a would you really go and have all that fun with out me?) Do we go anyway, do we go else where. DD want so go anyway, but I know she will miss him if he doesnt go. Any suggestions where else? It is a budget trip, staying at Pop, flying Airtran. I am looking to spend around $1500, that is my extra side job money I will have put up. So whats your thoughts? :confused:

I'm actually doing the same thing. I'm gonig with DS1, DS 2, my mom, and DH's mom in May while DH is going on a fishing trip. Personally, your DH said he didn't want to go, so I'd still go. Unless he's willing to book a trip and go with you ;-)

I go with the kids and without DH all the time and we have a blast. He isn't interested in going (he hates amusement parks, rides, crowds, heat, lines, etc.) and doesn't want to waste his vacation time there (he gets 2 weeks a year and I get four). He loves fishing, camping, kayaking, etc. which is definitely not my idea of a good time. So, he plans a trip with the guys, I take the kids to WDW, and everyone is happy.

If he's changed his mind and really wants to go with you why doesn't he just skip the "mens deer hunting week" and go? Or is it he wants to go off with the men and have a good time while you stay home?

Now he is pouting and doesnt want us to go without him. :rotfl2:

Do we go anyway, do we go else where.

So whats your thoughts? :confused:

I am learning to deal with my Oppositional/Defiant teenager, so my recommendation is not to reward the pouting behavior. ;)

Hope you girls have a wonderful time! Bet he'll be willing to go on the next trip you plan...

Dh had said No disney this year, he has had enough for a year or two. :sad2:
So we planned a trip without him, just us girls during the mens deer hunting week. DD, Dm-n-Law, and I were/are going to go to Disney in November. Now he is pouting and doesnt want us to go without him. :rotfl2: He is being silly about it but its making me feel kinda bad.:rolleyes1 (He isnt being grumpy or mean, but more of a would you really go and have all that fun with out me?) Do we go anyway, do we go else where. DD want so go anyway, but I know she will miss him if he doesnt go. Any suggestions where else? It is a budget trip, staying at Pop, flying Airtran. I am looking to spend around $1500, that is my extra side job money I will have put up. So whats your thoughts? :confused:

Sounds to me he has a case of be careful what you wish for -- if he said no Disney for a year or two and you planned a trip when he is out doing his thing anyway its a done deal for this year -- especially if DD and MIL know about it all ready!

I think I would go on with your plans.

Liz

If he's changed his mind and really wants to go with you why doesn't he just skip the "mens deer hunting week" and go? Or is it he wants to go off with the men and have a good time while you stay home?

That was my question. Does he want to go deer hunting while you stay home? Does he just want you NOT to go to Disney, but doesn't care if you go anyplace else? Does he want to go to Disney with you?

I am confused as to his desires here.

If it's that he doesn't want to go, but doesn't want you to go either, I would say "tough" and go.

If he really wants to go with you, perhaps you can schedule a different time to go as a family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter