• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go To Epcot this weekend (2/16 - 2/19), I mean, seriously, you need to go!

Dolby1000

Feel free to call me Ocean Wave
We saw Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland for the Disney on Broadway Concert series. Everyone HAS to see these two amazing performers.

We had seen Ashley Brown on Broadway as Mary Poppins and were unfamiliar with Josh Strickland, who has and is currently performing as Tarzan on Broadway and other places.

Be advised that each show has the same songs, so you don't need to see all three daily shows to see a complete performance. The later shows are less crowded but I doubt anyone who arrived even as soon as 10 minutes before showtimes couldn't find a seat.

On Saturday we saw the 5:30 show and lined up about 5 and had great seats. They load the theater from the stand by side from stage left so if you keep moving towards stage right there are tons of openings. The number of people who buy the dinner package is far, far less than the Candlelight program so many great seats are available to stand by guests.

We loved the 5:30 show, which we saw stand by, and then were totally blown away at the 6:45 show where we had early seating and we were third row right by the tiny portion of the stage the juts out into the theater.

This two bring it, and I mean they really bring it. Not only can Ashley still do Mary Poppins with style, but she can do Ariel, Belle and a couple of others too. Josh stunned the audience with his solos from Tarzan and Newsies of all things. I've not seen either, but his voice and the emotions he puts into his songs was amazing. He did Sante Fe from Newsies about 6 feet from where I sitting and I could see the emotion in his face and in his movements as he powered through this emotional song.

Now I regret not seeing the others shows from previous weeks, which, if this is offered next year, we will certainly do.

If you want to know the list of songs, SPOILER ALERT, I'll put them below:

Beauty and the Beast (Ashley and Josh)

Part of your World (Ashley - just beautiful)

Something from Tarzan, not sure which one, but it was beautiful (Josh)

Mary Poppins Medley (Spoonful of Sugar, Jolly Holiday, Chim Chim Cher-Ee, Fly a Kit) - Both

Sante Fe - Josh, brought the house down, truly amazing.

Supercalifrag etc. Both, but she was amazing! They did the full version of the song, including the tougher parts. Like she never left, really.

Then they did one more as a "surprise" It was, of course, Let It Go from Frozen and both Josh and Ashley just belted it out, live. How they bounced the lines of the song off each other was perfectly timed. Ashley, though, was given the more Elsa parts of the song.

The Broadway concert series is the best part of FotA in my opinion, every performer has been incredible. They are doing the Frozen song medley every weekend though, I get that they are trying to promote it but I'm pretty much done with that portion. It is really sad that it is not more popular cause I fear for the return of it but happy that there's no need to line up early to get a seat

We had the opportunity to see them last year and it was, by far, the best live performance I have ever seen in WDW. They were incredible. I think my mouth was on the floor by the end of Let It Go. Certainly the best rendition of that song I've ever heard. Glad you had the chance to see them!

Ashley was one of Broadway's longest-running Belles, in addition to being the OG Broadway Mary Poppins. Agreed that she's incredible, and Josh too!

We'll be there on Monday 2/19. So glad to be catching the last day of the Festival and keeping my fingers crossed that nothing happens to cancel these performances! I am really looking forward to it!

We saw Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland for the Disney on Broadway Concert series. Everyone HAS to see these two amazing performers.

We had seen Ashley Brown on Broadway as Mary Poppins and were unfamiliar with Josh Strickland, who has and is currently performing as Tarzan on Broadway and other places.

Be advised that each show has the same songs, so you don't need to see all three daily shows to see a complete performance. The later shows are less crowded but I doubt anyone who arrived even as soon as 10 minutes before showtimes couldn't find a seat.

On Saturday we saw the 5:30 show and lined up about 5 and had great seats. They load the theater from the stand by side from stage left so if you keep moving towards stage right there are tons of openings. The number of people who buy the dinner package is far, far less than the Candlelight program so many great seats are available to stand by guests.

We loved the 5:30 show, which we saw stand by, and then were totally blown away at the 6:45 show where we had early seating and we were third row right by the tiny portion of the stage the juts out into the theater.

This two bring it, and I mean they really bring it. Not only can Ashley still do Mary Poppins with style, but she can do Ariel, Belle and a couple of others too. Josh stunned the audience with his solos from Tarzan and Newsies of all things. I've not seen either, but his voice and the emotions he puts into his songs was amazing. He did Sante Fe from Newsies about 6 feet from where I sitting and I could see the emotion in his face and in his movements as he powered through this emotional song.

Now I regret not seeing the others shows from previous weeks, which, if this is offered next year, we will certainly do.

Mary Poppins Medley (Spoonful of Sugar, Jolly Holiday, Chim Chim Cher-Ee, Fly a Kit) - Both

Supercalifrag etc. Both, but she was amazing! They did the full version of the song, including the tougher parts. Like she never left, really.

Then they did one more as a "surprise" It was, of course, Let It Go from Frozen and both Josh and Ashley just belted it out, live. How they bounced the lines of the song off each other was perfectly timed. Ashley, though, was given the more Elsa parts of the song.

Santa Fe as in from Rent?

Josh pretty much has been Tarzan. I saw him a couple of times before it closed.

Ashley Brown is amazing. I have never been able to see her perform live. Love listening to her in Beauty and the Beast and Mary Poppins. Too bad I'll be there 2 days too late :(

I'll be at EPCOT Friday the 16th in the morning / early afternoon. Do you know the schedule? Is this at the theater outside of American Adventure?

I'll be at EPCOT Friday the 16th in the morning / early afternoon. Do you know the schedule? Is this at the theater outside of American Adventure?

5:30, 6:45 and 8PM, all at the American Adventure Theater.

Shows are at 5:30p, 6:45p and 8:00p according to Disney website. (Yes at the American Adventure stage)

I am planning my next trip for January 2019 to do FotA. I love art, musical theater, all of it. Seems like it would be a nice enhancement. We'll be there for a week and two weekends and have APs so I think we'll hit more than one group of performers too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter