• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go Pro questions

coastiewifern

DIS Veteran
Looking to get my husband a go pro for Christmas. Probably a silver edition since the black seems to be the more expensive version and it's really just for him to goof around with.
Has anyone heard if these will be offered on black friday? Cheapest price I see right now is a Costco hero 3+.
Anyone have a go pro and want to offer opinions about it or educate me?
Thanks in advance

It's a popular item on slickdeals (the hot deals page). I would check there, and keep checking, b/c as soon as there is a good deal, it will be posted! You'll know it's a good deal b/c they will all start going crazy over there! LOL!!!!

We got a GoPro Hero 4 Black and took it on our honeymoon. DH loved it and took so many videos. We hit 13 national parks over 3 weeks and had an amazing time. It was so fun to play some of the videos for our parents and friends after we got home. They are pricey but we got ours from REI when they had a $50 gift card promo (plus we will get the 10% rebate next year). We used some mypoints and credit card rewards gifts, so the total cost to us was about $150. We used the $50 gift card to buy the remote, which we thought was a great purchase. You can use your phone to control the camera, but then your phone battery drains really fast. We purchased a nice case and an accessory bundle from amazon, plus some extra batteries. Make sure to buy lots of extra batteries because it really eats through them quickly.

We are even thinking about getting a second one, but probably not the Black like we got. We just weren't able to shoot in the highest resolution without it being choppy. We even bought really, really high speed/quality microSD cards but it didn't make a difference. I think a silver will be just fine for a second camera. The remote that we bought can control up to 4 or 8 cameras or something, which is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter