"Go Find a Table and I'll wait in line"

Do you sit at Quick Service Tables without having your food?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC commissary was the worst. The only place we couldn’t find a table during our August trip and it wasn’t even in the plans. I figured I’d take my baby and toddler to start looking for a table while my husband ordered cause it might take that long. After I circled the dining room a couple times, I eventually asked to sit at the end of someone else’s table. They happened to be CMs on a break.

Reactions: KTR
My experience as well as most people I know have the opposite experience. Saving tables while others order food speed up the process and creates less congestion. It’s the people who loiter forever after they finish their meal, thus forcing others stand around holding trays that cause the problems. At least if a table is saved for a few minutes people can return with their food and start eating and move on. Cast members guarding the tables only makes it worse.

Disney did a study on it a few years ago, and found that if people wait until they have food to sit the tables turn over faster. I can't remember the numbers, but there you have it.

We would never sit at a table while someone from our party is getting our food. I think it's one of the most selfish and disrespectful things that goes on at Disney. The one time me and my then 6 yo daughter were walking around with a tray of food at Casey's, I voiced my opinion to a CM. I simply stated how it's not right to let all these people take up tables while we have to stand with our tray of food. I then said how about giving me a refund and take the food back or clear us a table. He went and got a supervisor who then instructed everyone without food to please get up which they did. The supervisor came back to us and asked if we needed anything. I asked why they don't police the seating areas and he said that they do, just not all the time. I hate the fact that there are so many "entitled" people at WDW that think their vacation is more important than everyone else's.

A little nervy, much??? Seems much more rude to me than quietly getting a table you 'will' use and waiting for food.

We don't get a table all the time, but we will, and have. Don't see the issue myself, for others or ourselves. The above would have really ticked me off though - no way to gain warm fuzzies from your fellow diners, for sure! To me would have seemed obnoxious and loud mouthed.

To be clear, we never wait over 10-15min for food - will not stand in line 30min as some stated - would rather wait until the lines go down somewhat.

Trying to find a table with an armload of trays and keep tabs on our kiddo in a crowded place is too stressful, so we mobile order and find our seat, then 1 of us picks up the food. It does not bother me that others find it rude, it is what works for our family. When DD is closer to adult age and mature enough to navigate a crowd, we may change, but for now, this is what we do.

For those who claim it is rude, I find it no different than BOG lunch, where you pre oder and then find your table while they prepare your food.

We order and then look for table.

There are two of us and we often join others at their tables when they have two extra spots. Obviously we only do this if there are no empty tables to be seen.
We ask if they mind, they don't and we sit. We also let others join us if we have room. :)

We don't linger over counter service if it's crowded, we eat and go!

And honestly, if it's that crowded sometimes we skip the counter service and just find snacks to eat while walking.

We don't do this. It drives me bonkers to see someone sitting at a table without food when it is really busy.

We choose restaurants that accept mobile order and have plenty of indoor seating. A couple of weeks ago we went to CHH and it looked like chaos downstairs. My husband was concerned about getting a table and I reminded him that upstairs is usually fine. Yep, it was so empty up there.

We don't linger when it's jammed. We eat and leave. The worst experience we had last trip was at Flametree. We had to walk around and around looking for a table. Half of the ones under cover were being held by people without food. Next time we will just go to Satu'li. The seating there is much better and so is the food.

We would never sit at a table while someone from our party is getting our food. I think it's one of the most selfish and disrespectful things that goes on at Disney. The one time me and my then 6 yo daughter were walking around with a tray of food at Casey's, I voiced my opinion to a CM. I simply stated how it's not right to let all these people take up tables while we have to stand with our tray of food. I then said how about giving me a refund and take the food back or clear us a table. He went and got a supervisor who then instructed everyone without food to please get up which they did. The supervisor came back to us and asked if we needed anything. I asked why they don't police the seating areas and he said that they do, just not all the time. I hate the fact that there are so many "entitled" people at WDW that think their vacation is more important than everyone else's.

Good for you! We had a similar experience in the quick service in the France Pavilion at Epcot several years ago. It was pouring rain outside and after we got our food, we noticed that EVERY table had people just camped out, waiting out the rain. I found an employee and told her that if we didn't have a place to sit to eat our food, we wanted to return it. She found us a table.

We don't do this. It drives me bonkers to see someone sitting at a table without food when it is really busy.

We choose restaurants that accept mobile order and have plenty of indoor seating. A couple of weeks ago we went to CHH and it looked like chaos downstairs. My husband was concerned about getting a table and I reminded him that upstairs is usually fine. Yep, it was so empty up there.

We don't linger when it's jammed. We eat and leave. The worst experience we had last trip was at Flametree. We had to walk around and around looking for a table. Half of the ones under cover were being held by people without food. Next time we will just go to Satu'li. The seating there is much better and so is the food.

Any issues carrying trays with open cups up those stairs.

I wonder at flame tree, if people were even just sitting to sit. Not waiting for food to show up. With benches few and far between, and the sitting at flame tree being so open and spread out.....

As for me, my DH uses a wheelchair at disney. I have pushed him over to a table and then get food. But with the mobile ordering, I think we'd probably say "we're here" and then go looking.
Next trip we are a party of 12. I can't see us having a parade with three trays of food, followed by 8 kids and a wheelchair roaming here and there looking for spots. Granted I'm not looking for a table for 12, but at least in the same room/area to find a couple of tables. I'd give my DD the job of doing the mobile ordering for that.

A little nervy, much??? Seems much more rude to me than quietly getting a table you 'will' use and waiting for food.

We don't get a table all the time, but we will, and have. Don't see the issue myself, for others or ourselves. The above would have really ticked me off though - no way to gain warm fuzzies from your fellow diners, for sure! To me would have seemed obnoxious and loud mouthed.

To be clear, we never wait over 10-15min for food - will not stand in line 30min as some stated - would rather wait until the lines go down somewhat.
Not nervy or rude at all to want a place to sit and eat at the place I purchased the food. It takes 10-15 minutes for someone to eat so it’s rude to take a table for 15 minutes with no food while others stand around with a tray of food. If you really got ticked if a cm asked you to let someone with food have your table you are holding that’s on you not the person with a tray of food and no seat. And I never said I was loud about it, no one heard my conversation with the supervisor so how could it be loud and obnoxious? But for the record, I still hold doors, say yes ma’am and yes sir, offer my seat to older guest and children and use the words please and thank you quite often.

My DH and I stand in line and order and typically send our sons to find a table. It’s just something we’ve always done, and I’d definitely say we aren’t in the minority. By the time my boys find a table, wipe it down, get condiments, napkins, etc., we are usually at the table with the food. We do tend to eat at off times though because we hate standing in long food lines.

That being said, what are your thoughts on people that have finished their meals and sit and linger? I think that bothers me more, especially when they can see others are looking for a table to sit and eat their food.

No and I do not understand this concern. The lids they used to use were not going to seal a drink.

I carried the drinks and he carried the tray of food upstairs. Not really hard to figure that one out.

I felt the lids helped with the stability of the cup. The cups at AK always seemed too easy to squish trying to hold them on the tray upright while moving around.

My DH and I stand in line and order and typically send our sons to find a table. It’s just something we’ve always done, and I’d definitely say we aren’t in the minority. By the time my boys find a table, wipe it down, get condiments, napkins, etc., we are usually at the table with the food. We do tend to eat at off times though because we hate standing in long food lines.

That being said, what are your thoughts on people that have finished their meals and sit and linger? I think that bothers me more, especially when they can see others are looking for a table to sit and eat their food.

No lingering at counter service when there are crowds. Nope. Nada. No can do. Don't do it! :)

I still don’t have a problem with it. To me, it one of those things that you expect to deal with at a crowded park. I would rather see a large party with tired kids find a table to decompress, than have them all waiting in line whining or standing off to the side where they would undoubtedly be in the way of everyone exiting the counter.

JMO. You don’t have to agree with me. But you’re not going to change my POV.
my guess you are one of the ones complaining to CM when there is a place held for handicapped only guests. I cant remember which one it was but there was one section roped off for handicapped only. one family did what you want to do and took ropes down so they could sit. should have heard the mom when CM asked who was handicapped she said no one and they had to move to another section. it was like 15 minutes before she came back by with trays while CM was still standing there

my guess you are one of the ones complaining to CM when there is a place held for handicapped only guests. I cant remember which one it was but there was one section roped off for handicapped only. one family did what you want to do and took ropes down so they could sit. should have heard the mom when CM asked who was handicapped she said no one and they had to move to another section. it was like 15 minutes before she came back by with trays while CM was still standing there
Ah, no. Your guess would be wrong. I don’t complain when people hold a table for their party. You must have meant to quote someone else. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter