• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gmt

Maypo4fam

Earning My Ears
I may be missing something, but what is GMT time? Or maybe I should ask where? All of the post times are listed in this time.

GMT is Greenwich mean time; it's what time it is in London, England. If you're running in Windows, dbl click on the clock in the lower right hand corner of your screen; when the "Date/Time Properties" box pops up at the bottom there's a "Time Zone" drop down menu. It should show what time zone your're in, and it has how many hours away from GMT you are. (i.e., I'm in the Pacific Time Zone and the display in this box says "GMT -08:00"); so I just do the math to figure out what time it REALLY is!!

A database I use at my work also utilizes GMT for recordkeeping; I agree it's confusing.

Hope this helps.

I'm going to move this over to the technical board for you.

At the top of this board you can also go to "user cp" then to "edit options" and change your "Time offset:" to the time zone in which you are located. Then all the posts will show your local time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter