Gluten free meal planning by the meal

lander

Earning My Ears
Hello all! First and for most I am gluten free and I am allergic to carrots. I have tried to do weekly meal planning and haven't been successful ever so I decided to start meal planning one meal at a time and sharing them here. I'm hoping people find this useful and I will post a meal when I come up with the idea or right after making it. I hope others join in to. This started when we (a household of 2) found ourselves out of money but had a house full of food that I refused to let go bad. There is no sense in being broke and hungry. I know I'm starting a little late so here it is:

Breakfast this morning was overnight oats from Quaker with some almond milk. (Have never cared much for oatmeal but I got it down).

Lunch: chicken broccoli and GF cheese quesadilla
1 boneless skinless chicken skinless chicken breast sliced into chunks, 1 packet of sazon seasoning, 1 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup taco shredded cheese 1 GF quesadilla

Please respond in the comments if you want me to post the total cost. Hope you enjoyed.

Lander

Thanks for posting Lander! I'm not gluten free but I am going to try the broccoli in the quesadilla idea! I always try to read the food threads as I am pretty burned out on meal planning.

There are two of us and every evening we go through the 'what do you want for dinner?' routine as I work long hours this time of year and today is my first free day in 12 days of working. (My job isn't always like this - just twice a year.)

We don't want to meal plan. Don't really have to budget. Just kind of bored with food. Bored with eating out. So something simple like this with ingredients we have on hand is great!

Really glad I can help with the "what do we want for dinner". We go through that too and it's not fun when we are both hungry and tired.

Breakfast this morning was last of the oatmeal and half of a mango

Just a few ideas to throw at you for your budget meals. I frequently make gf garlic and Parmesan toast under the broiler to go with pasta that we can stretch a couple of days. For example, have marinara on it day one and then the next day add cheese mixed in and slices on top it, baked it to make it twice over pasta. The other one is pizza toast. Bread, sauce cheese go along way.

Try broccoli in eggs as well. They are a staple at our house. I think broccoli is the only green vegetable that everyone likes.

Let me add, you do know that Quaker Oats aren't gluten free, right? They are fine if you are gluten free by choice. But if you have to be gluten free, make sure you have certified gluten free oats. Bob's Red Mill is a good brand.

Thank you for the heads up. I wondered why I felt so bad the past few days. I usually get my gf oats in bulk. I have to be more careful.

Try broccoli in eggs as well. They are a staple at our house. I think broccoli is the only green vegetable that everyone likes.

Let me add, you do know that Quaker Oats aren't gluten free, right? They are fine if you are gluten free by choice. But if you have to be gluten free, make sure you have certified gluten free oats. Bob's Red Mill is a good brand.

I had eggs rice and beans this am. The beans I soaked overnight and the rice I made last night.

I am Gluten and Lactose intolerant - a smoothie would not suit me for dinner - breakfast maybe!
I am gluten free. I have siblings that are gluten, lactose, and soy intolerant. Smoothies are good, just use almond or coconut milk. If you don't respond to fruits or sweets very well like I do, then add pea protein power which you to stay full after the sugar rush. I also usually add Spirulina powder for antioxidants, Vitamin A, Iron, and some additional protein.

I am gluten free. I have siblings that are gluten, lactose, and soy intolerant. Smoothies are good, just use almond or coconut milk. If you don't respond to fruits or sweets very well like I do, then add pea protein power which you to stay full after the sugar rush. I also usually add Spirulina powder for antioxidants, Vitamin A, Iron, and some additional protein.
yes I do have them what I said was it wouldn't be sufficient for dinner for me - I once did the juicing and smoothie diet it really does not work for me.

Every smoothie I have has vegetables in them as the base for the fiber. Lunch yesterday was a gluten free wrap with spinach, kale and mozzarella and it was so good

Dinner was chicken breast sweet potatoes coconut milk and my Indian spice blend. Husband asked for seconds so I know it was more then just me who liked it.

I had eggs rice and beans this am. The beans I soaked overnight and the rice I made last night.
I'm not sure what this has do to with what I said. My point was, you shouldn't eat Quaker Oats if you are gluten free due to a medical condition since they aren't actually gluten free.

I'm not sure what this has do to with what I said. My point was, you shouldn't eat Quaker Oats if you are gluten free due to a medical condition since they aren't actually gluten free.

This was supposed to be my response :)

Thank you for the heads up. I wondered why I felt so bad the past few days. I usually get my gf oats in bulk. I have to be more careful.

I think lunch today will be chicken breast with garlic and olive oil quinoa and frozen green beans

I think lunch today will be chicken breast with garlic and olive oil quinoa and frozen green beans
Totally changed my mind at the last minute and ended up making chicken fried rice with zucchini mushrooms and onions

My go to when I was soy and dairy free, which was also GF, was stuffed peppers. I use carrots, onions, rice and ground beef for the filling, tomato sauce from the tiny cans on top and of course peppers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter