Gluten Free Dining

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
My DD has been on a gluten free diet for a little while and we have to make this our/her new lifestyle.
I know that Disney is great for accommodating dietary needs, but what can we expect and WHERE would we have the best options?

We will be staying club level at the WL so we aren't doing a dining plan and we aren't planning on that many ADR's. We are planning to dine at the following:

Be Our Guest (dinner and maybe lunch)
Garden View Tea
'Ohana breakfast
OR
Crystal Palace breakfast

The rest will most likely be counter service and snacks in the lounge.

Thanks for any tips and suggestions.
It is appreciated!

Call and have a note placed on every ADR that you have a gluten free dietary restriction. TS restaurants will generally be the easiest places to dine because they will be able to provide for your needs. CS restaurants are a much greater challenge- they have a limited menu and aren't set up to provide a lot of substitutions. You really need to do your homework by looking at all of the menus in advance, so you can select the CS restaurants most likely to have the food you need.

I would recommend that you go over to the disABILITIES board where you will be able to find a great deal of info on dining gluten free at WDW.

There are always multiple threads on this forum concerning gluten free. Try doing a search for some of the more recent ones.

Hi!
I actually found that most quick service places had a lot of options for gluten free. For example in Hollywood Studios I ate at abc commisary and had the option of a hot dog, pizza, burger, cheeseburger or chicken fingers! Plus they have gluten free fries that they make in a separate fryer and brownies or cookies for dessert. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get your food because they make it fresh and take steps to prevent cross-contamination. I could see smaller quick service locations having less options but if you stick to the bigger ones you should have a lot of options.

The tea will be great. I was worried about that one since most options include sandwiches. Our chef came up with fruits and cheeses included plantains and gf bread toasted and cut into thin MM heads. for me. The TS are really good about working with gluten free dining (except nine dragons). CS fries always have a dedicated fryer so they are safe per the managers I spoke with. When you go in, tell the CM she has a GF allergy. The manager will bring out a book. They can do those items plus adjust others such as tuna salad without the roll, burger without the bread or substitute a gf bun. I've never not found something good. At Starring Rolls, they are not as equipped but they are happy to go to Brown Derby and make something there. None make you feel like you are putting them out or slowing them down. Manager will bring out food at CS so no other CM touches it. Chef brings it out at TS for the same reason.

BOG for lunch is awesome. On the ordering kiosk, you just touch the screen to indicate gluten-free and what you see is what's safe. The gluten-free cream puff was the favorite cream puff, even among those of us who could eat gluteny desserts. The pork was delicious; the steak sandwich was better open-faced (ignoring one of the pieces of very good bread).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter