Gluten free beer?

efam

Mouseketeer
We'll be on the Fantasy next month and I was wondering if they'll have any gluten free beer? (I have Celiac disease.) I know I can bring some, but I was really hoping to bring wine instead. I prefer wine more, but I like an occasional break from it. I'll gladly pay DCL for a few beers by the pool! Can I make a special request if they usually don't have it?

Also, any stops on the Western Caribbean that sells gf beer? I think there is a Mexican beer called Ocho Reales.

Thanks!!

Which one do you like? (non-celiac gluten intolerance here). The gluten removed beers scare me, but I've had Redbridge, and didn't think it was anything to write home about. I've been sticking with ciders.

You can bring 2 bottles of wine( and/or 6 bottle of beer). Plus you can bring 2 more bottle( and/or 6 bottle of beer) per port of call.

Which one do you like? (non-celiac gluten intolerance here). The gluten removed beers scare me, but I've had Redbridge, and didn't think it was anything to write home about. I've been sticking with ciders.

New Grist, Greens, Glutenberg...I'll even take Redbridge if that's all they have. I don't do gluten removed beers either.
Ciders are too sweet for me!

On the Wonder last year they had Omission gluten removed beer. I believe they had angry orchard as well. No Redbridge. Not sure if the Fantasy is different.

New Grist, Greens, Glutenberg...I'll even take Redbridge if that's all they have. I don't do gluten removed beers either.
I gave up on finding a good GF beer. Now I just drink gin. :)

Glad to hear they may have cider on board though, as that is my usual stand in when a beer seems appropriate.

On the Wonder last year they had Omission gluten removed beer. I believe they had angry orchard as well. No Redbridge. Not sure if the Fantasy is different.

Thanks! That's a step in the right direction...

Any advice on who I could call at DCL? Maybe I can ask them sweetly!:cutie:

Thanks! That's a step in the right direction...

Any advice on who I could call at DCL? Maybe I can ask them sweetly!:cutie:

If you're concierge, I'm sure they'll be happy to try and get it.

If not, you're probably out of luck.

I haven't tried New Grist yet. I've heard there's a gluten free brewery in Oregon that's making a gluten free stout, but I haven't gotten my hands on it yet. I *miss* Guinness.

on a cruise ship, just pretend you're a pirate and stick to rum( i do rum and coke). There is a couple ciders that aren't too sweet, i think maybe Strongbow? Red wine is my other fallback option.

That's an oxymoron.

Don't knock until you try it. Yes, 10 years ago, an oxymoron, but the demand has greatly increased and there are some really good ones on the market now. The problem is getting it. We have befriended a beer store up the street and he's started supplying some of these brands.

Don't knock until you try it. Yes, 10 years ago, an oxymoron, but the demand has greatly increased and there are some really good ones on the market now. The problem is getting it. We have befriended a beer store up the street and he's started supplying some of these brands.

I've tried it. Many times. It's still not good to me, but obviously somebody likes it because they're still making it. If I had to quit gluten I'd quit beer altogether and probably switch to mead or cider.

Speaking of gluten free beer, last weekend I was in Pandora and tried the green beer there (grog ale) and a nice gentleman was telling me it was gluten free. I did not think that was accurate but wasn't sure, does anyone know if that is the case?

I've tried it. Many times. It's still not good to me, but obviously somebody likes it because they're still making it. If I had to quit gluten I'd quit beer altogether and probably switch to mead or cider.

Have you tried Green's or Glutenberg?

Have you tried Green's or Glutenberg?

I have not tried Glutenberg but I didn't like Green's. I tend to stop drinking a certain style of beer after I've tried several and decided I didn't like them. That's where I stand on Saisons and Farmhouse beers as well. Just not my thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter