Glorydaz Halloween Wedding PJ - Honeymoon Photos Added - 1/14/2008

Glorydaz

"with this ring, I ask you to be mine" 10.31.07
hey all! ok, I promised my good friends Diane and Sharon I would start one of these so here goes nothing!

US: :bride: Michelle 49+1 years young :groom: Jaime (JJ) 49 years young

HOW WE MET:
I ran a shop in the mall and JJ came to purchase something. As I was writing his order, I asked his first name (Jaime) and said "we like that name here!" because my daughter is named Jaimee. Well, he started to flirt with me, turning me the color of fresh tomato's :goodvibes .. 2 days later I called him to see how he liked his order ( first time I ever did that in 12 years of running the business) and left a voicemail. He called me back and left a message asking me to dinner. Since I didn't know him from a hole in the wall, I decided coffee at a local diner was a smarter idea - if he bought me dinner, who knows what he would expect in return! :laughing: so we met and sat together for awhile. I left the diner thinking to myself "nice guy but definitely not my type!" lo and behold, 3 days later I found myself calling him and the rest is history!! that was December of 2002.

THE PROPOSAL:
JJ moved in with me the summer of 2004. We had both been previously married and swore we would never ever get married again. I have 3 children and JJ has 1 son. Little steps toward this committment : we bought a puppy together ( Keyser Soze) and then we bought into DVC together...but we still had no intention of getting married. 2006 was our year of heartache and life changes. In March, JJ's dad passed away after complications from surgery and then devastation hit Memorial Day weekend of 2006 when JJ's son was killed in a car crash.. believe it or not, those tragedies bonded us together in a way we both never expected. JJ and I spent ever moment together from that point. and we both realized we didn't want to take the chance of losing each other. on June 24th 2006, with my children's blessing, JJ surprised me at dinner by asking me to marry him. yes, I was stunned and did NOT answer right away! poor guy - my daughter was like " I think you need to say yes at which I was like" oh my God, yes"!!!
I wasn't able to get a decent photo yet but he bought me engagement diamond earrings (exactly what I wanted!) as he had given me a "promise" ring for my birthday just 6 months earlier..

THE DETAILS:
JJ's favorite holiday AND our official dating date is Halloween so we will be getting married this year on Wednesday Oct 31 2007. We had decided early on as much as we love Disney, it wasn't a reality for most of our family. We are getting married at our favorite B&B , a Victorian Inn called The Sandpiper in Spring Lake, NJ. It is our home away from home and has 15 rooms which suits us perfectly. We will be having a small 3 day bash at the Inn and then a post wedding luncheon here in Staten Island. Our Disneymoon will commence on December 10th for 2 weeks so we can enjoy the magic of Disney at Christmas and also celebrate my birthday there :cheer2:

ok, some photos to share ( gosh, I hope I'm not boring anyone here!)

our invites: the orange ones are for the Inn, the Calla's are for the luncheon. also our place cards and luncheon favors:
IMG_4701-1.jpg

here is our cake topper: Jack & Sally dolls!
IMG_4695.jpg

in case you didn't guess already , our theme is loosely based on "Nightmare Before Christmas" and our guests at the Inn are invited to come in costume :thumbsup2

here are our candles and candlestick holder for part of our ceremony:
IMG_4694.jpg

still working on our welcome bags for the Inn: not pictured are the Inn coffee mugs filled with Halloween candles and the Halloween pillow door hangers for each guests room - when they get delivered, I'll post:
IMG_4697.jpg

well, I think this is a decent start! next leg up, I'll share my flowers, shoes and centerpiece ideas :goodvibes it's so much fun to read everyone else's, hope mine keeps up !

Michelle :cloud9:

i love that you are getting married on halloween! that's my favorite holiday. i love your orange invitations. great start to your planning journal and look forward to reading more :goodvibes

Oh, I just love those invitations! We're getting married just a few days before you and will be at MNSSHP on Halloween. We just had to go on Halloween. Looking forward to hearing & seeing more! :)

Oh Michelle...I'm crying buckets here!!! My heart aches for the loses you've endured. The bond the two of you share must be like no other...Isn't it wonderful how fate brought JJ into your shop that day?! Awww...listen to me...getting all sappy! :love: Thank you for starting your PJ...your NBC wedding has me all excited! Some of that stuff looks familiar...where ever did you find it! ;) Your Jack and Sally cake topper ROCKS!!! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see more!!!!! :hug:

YAY! You started a PJ! :goodvibes
I LOVE the cake toppers and candles! They're just perfect! Your welcome bags are great too!
Can't wait to see what else you've done!:thumbsup2

hi all! first off, Diane, didn't mean to make you sad but JJ and I what we are because of all we've been through. and yes, it is a bond unlike any other . you ,as well, understand this loss (hugs to you)

thanks to everyone for reading so far...now to add a few other details. because the wedding is on a Wednesday and the post celebration is on the following Saturday, we decided to go with silk flowers. I found this site through eBay (where else??!!) and this is what we picked. Calla's are my favorite flowers and from the time we met, JJ would always buy me three calla's (a lucky number for me)....I also ordered the smaller ones for our luncheon table center pieces but they haven't arrived yet :confused: yes, I'm a little concerned - it's been a few weeks! thank goodness I ordered them with plenty of time to spare-anyway, also threw in a few closeups..

IMG_4705.jpg

another close-up
IMG_4704.jpg

and these are all the flowers: the ones wrapped in the black satin ribbon are for my memory table in honor of JJ's Dad and son . the wonderful thing about the silk's is we will have them to cherish for years to come and surprisingly, they weren't all that expensive!

IMG_4702.jpg

now on to my next dilemma - shoes! :rotfl: hey girls, if you thought I had trouble making up my mind with a gown - ha! so after reading many posts here, I figured "absolutely - I should be comfortable the day of the wedding - flip flops it is for me!" right, and I'm getting married the end of October by the beach - hhmmm, how practical is this??? I fell in love with both these pairs AND I just saw a slip on (closed front) that would go perfectly with my gown!! going to the store next week to see how much they are.. to be honest, i wanted shoes I would wear again because to just have them sit in the closet is a waste! which ones do you like?

IMG_4691.jpg

and these have a small heel..

IMG_4688.jpg

ok, off to get the BBQ ready ...more to come! have a great day all :goodvibes

Woohoo! I love callas...they are beautiful! And I vote for shoe #1! ;) I'm all giddy looking at your pics...I'm really happy you're sharing! :goodvibes Now...you wanna share the BBQ? I'm starving! :laughing:

Michelle-Great PJ! I love that you are getting married on Halloween! So GREAT! I vote for shoe #1 as well! Good luck to you both! I wish you nothing but eternal happiness!

Yay Michelle! Soo glad you're starting this! I love everything so far, and am so happy for you! BTW I also vote for shoe #1!!! :cool1:

I LOVE your invites and that you're getting married on Halloween. How fun! Great to see another planning bio of a disneymooner! Isn't it funny how some people end up with those that "aren't their types"! I thought the same thing of Justin when we first met at work. We didn't even talk until 6 months later! Even then, on our first date I was kind of iffy too, and left saying that I didn't think it would work. And here we are too! Nice planning bio. Keep it coming!

I LOVE your invites and that you're getting married on Halloween. How fun! Great to see another planning bio of a disneymooner! Isn't it funny how some people end up with those that "aren't their types"! I thought the same thing of Justin when we first met at work. We didn't even talk until 6 months later! Even then, on our first date I was kind of iffy too, and left saying that I didn't think it would work. And here we are too! Nice planning bio. Keep it coming!

aww thanks, it's actually nice to finally see all my thoughts and plans in print! :goodvibes and you're so right, boy am I glad I called him back a few days later! we are now inseparable and I couldn't imagine my life without him...:love:

michelle

I LOVE those invites....did you make them or buy them. That design at the top is so cool looking

I love halloween too...its a few days away from my bday!!

I think its cool your letting guests come dressed up...I love things that are "out of the box" parties/weddings.....thats gonna be so much fun!!

Anyway...your welcome bag goodies look really cool..are those all disney or just stuff youve found & happened to get supe lucky with coordinating!!

What a cute "how we met story"....do you still have your store??

Those flowers are beautiful...they look so real!!

l vote the silver flip flops...those rock!!!

cant wait to see more!!

Finally Michelle lol! Your story is so romantic and sad at the same time, I was choking back the tears reading it.

Everything looks fantastic, its all coming together nicely.

More more please :cool1:

michelle

I LOVE those invites....did you make them or buy them. That design at the top is so cool looking

I love halloween too...its a few days away from my bday!!

I think its cool your letting guests come dressed up...I love things that are "out of the box" parties/weddings.....thats gonna be so much fun!!

Anyway...your welcome bag goodies look really cool..are those all disney or just stuff youve found & happened to get supe lucky with coordinating!!

What a cute "how we met story"....do you still have your store??

Those flowers are beautiful...they look so real!!

l vote the silver flip flops...those rock!!!

cant wait to see more!!

to answer your questions - nope, I didn't make the invites. I found this great woman on ebay( can you imagine that??! :laughing: ) who will make up 1 to whatever number you need. she does amazing work!

as for my guests coming dressed up, my daughter is my MOH and right now she's debating to dress up as either Elizabeth (Pirates) or a sexy witch ! this should be a real hoot!

as for my welcome bags, they are a mix of eBay , DTD, Kohl's and a local store...still working on them!

sadly, no I don't have the store - I lost that in the divorce :confused3 however, JJ and I are starting our own in a few months - just trying to get through the wedding first!!

thanks for cheering me on - and by the way ,how's Isa doing?

subscribing!
Michelle, glad to see your PJ at last! I admit I shed a tear too, reading your story. To lose a parent is hard enough,I cannot imagine the agony of losing a child.
I love your theme, I love halloween and I think your wedding will be such fun, I cannot wait to see the photos!
another vote for flipflop #1
next instalment please.....

Finally Michelle lol! Your story is so romantic and sad at the same time, I was choking back the tears reading it.

Everything looks fantastic, its all coming together nicely.

More more please :cool1:

hi Sharon!

you're too sweet! :hug: yup, I agree - it is all coming together and now I'm at the less than 4 month mark! :cheer2: we can't wait!!!!

alright, I'm going with shoe #1 - they really are cool, aren't they??!! :goodvibes more to come soon!

subscribing!
Michelle, glad to see your PJ at last! I admit I shed a tear too, reading your story. To lose a parent is hard enough,I cannot imagine the agony of losing a child.
I love your theme, I love halloween and I think your wedding will be such fun, I cannot wait to see the photos!
another vote for flipflop #1
next instalment please.....

thank you for your heartfelt thoughts - it is 1000 times harder than anyone can even imagine. I am so grateful we have each other to get through this day by day - minute by minute -

we are enjoying putting this wedding in motion and I'm really looking forward to seeing the results! and next installment - coming right up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter