Glitch or Rule FP+

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
I may have read wrong. I was under the impression that when you use up all 3 of your original FP's you can get a tier 1 attraction for your 4th, etc. i tried twice on my app when i was at wdw beginning of sept. both times (different days and different parks) i got a message saying i already used up my tier 1 allotment. was this a glitch or can you not get a tier 1 after using up one i was able to get tier 2 attractions.

Sounds like a glitch to me, unless something has changed recently. At DHS in 2017, I was able to book Beauty and the Beast after I used up my first 3 FP, though I chose not to.

It's a glitch. Once you use your initial three, there are no restrictions beyond one fastpass at a time. Did you try logging out and logging back in? If that didn't solve the problem, I would have headed to Guest Services.

You actually used all 3 of your FP+, right? You didn't just cancel one and then try to schedule another Tier 1?
yes we used all 3. after coming out of our third FP attraction i went for a 4th. kept getting a msg that i used up my their 1. i did get a tier 2 canceled it and tried for a tier 1 again. same msg. same thing happened two days later at a different park. i just figured i had read wrong about FP's

That sounds like a glitch then. Assuming you used up all of your 3 FP+ properly, you should have been able to get any FP+ for any attraction.

I may have read wrong. I was under the impression that when you use up all 3 of your original FP's you can get a tier 1 attraction for your 4th, etc. i tried twice on my app when i was at wdw beginning of sept. both times (different days and different parks) i got a message saying i already used up my tier 1 allotment. was this a glitch or can you not get a tier 1 after using up one i was able to get tier 2 attractions.
Happened to us at the end of Aug too.

All 3 FP's have to be used before you can book a 4th. Once 4th is gone you can get a 5th, so on and so forth. It sounds like a glitch if the first 3 were truly used.

Its not a glitch if one of your original 3 FP were a Tier 1 - you can only fast pass one Tier 1 a day

Its not a glitch if one of your original 3 FP were a Tier 1 - you can only fast pass one Tier 1 a day
My husband took my dad and kids to Disney a few weeks ago. I was home bored, stalking them. I saw they used their FoP FP (which was their third of the day) and, thanks to some great timing, was able to snag them Navi River for as soon as they got out of Flights. You can definitely have more than 1 Tier 1 after you go through the first 3.

Same thing happened to us earlier this month. We never were able to book more fast passes after the initial 3 were used. Of course most of the time the whole dang app was down too.

I had it happen to me in Aug. In my case, Spaceship Earth was down at the beginning of my window. But I didn’t see the email until after we had used our fast pass for it on our way in the park. So we had a green Mickey, but it must have used our anytime they gave us for it being down. We rode Test Track and then Living with the Land. With all intentions of getting Soarin after that. After we touched in at Living, it kept telling me we couldn’t get another Tier 1. I worked around by booking Figment. Once we tapped into that, I could book Soarin.

So someplace, it didn’t register we used 3 fast passes until we used our 4th. I’m so glad that worked for me. I wasn’t looking forward to going to guest relations to get it worked out.
(On that day we did Test Track, Soarin twice and FEA, so you can difinitely get more than 1 Tier 1 in a day.)

But what has happened to me was that even though I'd used my 3 FP+s, the App still showed a couple of them as active. And I was on a solo trip, so I knew they'd all definitely been used.

I don't believe that is correct.
You can only pre-book 1 tier 1 FP and only 1 of your 1st 3 can be a tier 1 in the same park. After using all 3, each next FP can be any tier if it is available.

If, after you got an error denying you another Fastpass after using the first three, maybe you should try to go in the FP line for one of those FPed rides again (and ride it again) to see if that would clear your record.

We had that same glitch at DHS last month. It wouldn’t let me book tier 1 after we rode slinky dog. Then I was able to book Test Track so we just hopped to Epcot and the rest of the day were able to get FPs and more tier 1s at Epcot but the rest of the day it would not allow me to book any Tier 1s at DHS. It was weird

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter