Glenn's When you Wish Upon a Star Trip Report Part 3

ghockley1981

<font color=red>Wishes his work lift was ToT<br><f
Day 3

After our excersions from the previous day we decided to have a little lay in and miss breakfast. We were due to go and visit Paris today but thought we’d much prefer to play in Disneyland and so got ready and headed out.

We went straight to the studios again but this time there were no characters awaiting us at the entrance and when we got round to Crush the queue was massive. Looking at this we decided the best bet was to go to the back of the park and start from there, so we posed for a pic and then made our move.

scan0014.jpg

We again went on Aerosmith a few times with the last one making me really crack up. A grandad barged through everyone with his grandson right to the front and pushed in front of a couple waiting to go at the front. Now whether he knew this or not im not sure so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. We got on behind them and so the ride started, we couldn’t stop cracking up, all we could hear all the way round was this guy screaming out like Norris from Coronation Street!!!! It was hilarious and his pic after was brilliant :rotfl:

This started off the day pretty well!

We then went on the Studio tour train which allowed us to recover and then followed that up with a few ToT rides utilising the FP’s. Time flew by and the show time for Animagique arrived, we were told this was good but didn’t expect it to be as impressive as it was. We left with a cheery smile on our faces and would gladly go and see the little show again. We then managed to get on Crush again and had then fulfilled our ride requirements for the day in the Studio’s.

We left with a spring in our step having really enjoyed the morning. :banana:

We heading off to our favourite lunch spot and tucked into our cheese & ham and Mushroom toasted sandwiches and then headed for fantasyland passing the character express on the way.

We went on it’s a small world which the gf really enjoyed and then attacked the maze before going on a few of the more kiddie rides and then POTC!

DSC02147.jpg

We then decided to walk around the Disneyland Hotel. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed, I was expecting lots of magic and to feel 8 again but it just didn’t happen. I admit it was a very nice hotel and having not seen the rooms I can comment on them. But I just didn’t feel the magic, the views were great though and I wish we’d had drinks in the bar. That will be next time, maybe then I’ll feel it a bit more. :wizard:

It was approaching the end of the day so we went to see Candlebration which we enjoyed,

DSC02202.jpg

We then heading over to Café Mickey’s, on the way out we saw Mickey giving us a wave which made Cass sad knowing we only had one day left.

DSC02215.jpg

There was already a queue when we arrived with people without reservations being told to come back later. This made us glad to have made the booking. We were seated within 20 mins at the back looking out to the rest of the restaurant so we could see everything. The characters at the start were missing our table but soon they came our way. We had pics with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Tigger, Friar Tuck, Gepetto and Pluto. The picture of Tigger didn’t come out that good though as we were having a tickling fight at the time!!! :laughing:

DSC02224.jpg

We didn’t worry about the food to much as were too excited, the garlic bread was huge though but very very nice. We both had pizza and they ticked all the boxes and were very filling. Im not sure if we would do it again as it’s really not about the food at all but just seeing lots of characters and getting those all important pics. We really enjoyed it but I think we’ve got an awful lot of the main characters already and that we would prefer to eat somewhere where we wouldn’t be sitting excitedly on the edge of our seat waiting for the next pic!

The characters really did make it a time to remember though, with Mickey and Pluto dancing with all the kids in the middle of the floor. When we have kids or go with our niece and nephew we’ll be taking them there definately. Excellent for character interaction and well worth the premium you pay for the food. :mickeyjum

We came out two hours later and went shopping to pick up all the gifts we wanted. Tomorrow was our last day and so we made the most of the last night by having another final walk around the lake before heading back and sorting out our packing before out last sleep in Disney.

Our best pic of the holiday was taken this day with me, the gf and Mickey as you can see above. It's safe to say it's now a facebook profile pic for us both!

Glenn's When you Wish Upon a Star Trip Report Part 4

Sounds like an excellent day. The picture with Mickey and you two is brilliant!

I love the pic even more for the fact my gf is holding onto Mickey's hand!

bless princess:

Sounds like a excellent day!

Can't believe you didnt think the DLH was magical, I was in awe when i was in there and loved sitting in the bar hearing Gummi Bears etc.

I suspect I built it up to much in my head. I was just expecting disney music to be playing everywhere and find hidden places to hide away on your own in the hotel and take in the atmosphere. Maybe I didn't spend enough time there, I have to admit the garden had that kind of feeling I was expecting. It just didn't jump out at me as much as i thought it would do. Maybe I need to actually stay there and immerse myself in it!

I suspect I built it up to much in my head. I was just expecting disney music to be playing everywhere and find hidden places to hide away on your own in the hotel and take in the atmosphere. Maybe I didn't spend enough time there, I have to admit the garden had that kind of feeling I was expecting. It just didn't jump out at me as much as i thought it would do. Maybe I need to actually stay there and immerse myself in it!

Yes you will have to book a room there :thumbsup2 ;)

Another excellent day with great photos:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter