Glendon's solo trip (report) Dec 13th-19th

Glad you had a great trip. Awesome photos! September was too bad, heat wise. It rained all day 2 days, but that was when Ike was threatening to hit. Anywho, great TR!!! (and I agree about the legs! :rotfl:)

Well hello!!! Glad you liked it!! Hopefully we will it's kinda hard though when you really can't "talk" or get to know each other face to face.

True. But who knows. Maybe the Disney Magic will rub off on you two. There is a reason for everything in life ;).

So, where abouts in Ontario are your Mr. Glendon?

Always good to know there are other gay disney fans nearby.

Moustaches and moderate side burns are now allowed. Nothing else.

And rumor has it that DAK is the hottest park because all of the trees suck up all of the oxygen, not sure if I believe this or not.

The manager at Boma told us AK sits down in sort of a "bowl" so the air doesn't really circulate through the park. He said it is consistently 10 degrees warmer than any of the other parks. :scared: That is definitely a drawback of always traveling in August. After an hour at AK we are ready to leave.

::yes::

When I worked in Pangani forest, one department or another (the safety team maybe?) came through and did temperature/humidity readings. Pangani Forest had the second highest heat index in WDW (the MK parking lot won).

::yes::

When I worked in Pangani forest, one department or another (the safety team maybe?) came through and did temperature/humidity readings. Pangani Forest had the second highest heat index in WDW (the MK parking lot won).

I find this an intriguing conversation. I've always found that Epcot is the park where I cannot handle the heat. Something about the reflection of the sun off of all that concrete really gets to me, whereas the shade at AK helps me cool down. Perhaps it's just that I've got such pale skin that burns so quickly in the sun.

It's interesting to learn that Pangani actually is the hottest park location despite my experience of it.

I don't know how the CM's do it, I can barely handle the heat while on vaca. I can hardly imagine it day in and day out.

I don't know how the CM's do it, I can barely handle the heat while on vaca. I can hardly imagine it day in and day out.

I will never go to WDW during late May through late September ever again. :sad2: Some of the most uncomfortable heat I've ever experienced was at WDW during that time. (Washington DC in July comes in a close second.) I've gotta give credit to the CM's.

Hi,
Just read your tr and loved it because we were there the same time and on 12/24 was at Epcot. On 12/15 was at DHS and on 12/16 went to MVMCP wich was PACKED. I was so dispappointed as I went to P&PP last January and it was great but this party was too much. I heard it wa s a passholder night.

Nice pics. :thumbsup2

Hi,
Just read your tr and loved it because we were there the same time and on 12/24 was at Epcot. On 12/15 was at DHS and on 12/16 went to MVMCP wich was PACKED. I was so dispappointed as I went to P&PP last January and it was great but this party was too much. I heard it wa s a passholder night.

Nice pics. :thumbsup2
Glad you liked it!! And yeah NEVER GOING TO MVMCP AGAIN!!!!

I definitely agree with the disappointment of MVMCP - I just didn't think that anything was special enough to actually pay extra money for and the crowds were awful. I enjoyed the regular holiday decorations in the parks way more than MVMCP Night.

Glad you liked it!! And yeah NEVER GOING TO MVMCP AGAIN!!!!

Have to agree about MVMCP. I used to go two or three times during my visit, but the crowds, and the price increases have really put a damper on it. This past trip, I only went once, and spent the other nights at the Studios walking through the Streets of America.

Robb

Have to agree about MVMCP. I used to go two or three times during my visit, but the crowds, and the price increases have really put a damper on it. This past trip, I only went once, and spent the other nights at the Studios walking through the Streets of America.

Robb
The Osb Lights were really spectacular. I loved going there both times.

Hey glendon....finally read your TR...looks like a fun trip. I see you had a similar experience with MVMCP as I've had with MNSSHP....too freakin' crowded; not enough pay-off for what you lay out. Especially when you are buying 5 tix! :scared:
I think we are gonna have us some AEP fun! I bet we'll even find you a boy as cute as Austin...

Hey glendon....finally read your TR...looks like a fun trip. I see you had a similar experience with MVMCP as I've had with MNSSHP....too freakin' crowded; not enough pay-off for what you lay out. Especially when you are buying 5 tix! :scared:
I think we are gonna have us some AEP fun! I bet we'll even find you a boy as cute as Austin...
Ha!! That would be nice!!! Gonna rock the AEP!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter