GKTW Meet: Indiana, September 3, 2011

Hi Everyone,

The attendee list has been updated in post #1. If you don't see your name please let me know so I can add it. See you soon! :)

We are 10 days from the Indianapolis Disney Meet to benefit the Power of 10 - Give Kids the World Challenge! With so many 10s I figured it's time to do my best David Letterman impersonation and compile the top 10 reasons why you should attend this year's Indianapolis Disney Meet.

10. 10 is a powerful number - Come to the meet and help us make 10 even more powerful. 10, 10, 10!
9. The DIS and the Walt Disney World Moms Panel share the same charitable mission - Give Kids the World.
8. Even though India"nap"olis is called "Nap" town we still have the time and energy to throw one heck of a Disney Meet.
7. We've teleported Dole Whip machines from Aloha Isle to the Indianapolis Disney Meet for your taste enjoyment.
6. Real Disney characters? Well not really, but cardboard cutouts are the next best thing.
5. Free swag, free chachkis, and free admission plus a shot at some fantastic prizes. Our meet makes the 'Price is Right' envious.
4. Bringing Central Florida to Central Indiana - Lots of Disney experiences, Disney fun, and Disney prizes without all the humidity. It's not "Animal Kingdom hot" here.
3. Shhhh! <whispers> there's a "silent" auction, but it can't be too "silent" or else no one will know about it. <continue normal speaking volume>
2. There will be a ton of food and drink at the meet, but belching is strictly prohibited. Please use the exit doors is you feel the urge.
And the number 1 reason why you should attend this year's Indianapolis Disney Meet....
1. The Indianapolis Disney Meet is centrally located for your travelling pleasure. Indy isn't called the "Crossroads of America" for nothin'.

Hands go up in the air and the band plays.....

See you at the meet! :)

Hi Everyone,

The meet is fast approaching, this Saturday Sept 3rd. A couple things I wanted to mention.

- Don't forget to bring a food item to share with other guest at the meet.
- Representatives from the Walt Disney World Moms Panel will be at the meet. Feel free to ask them any questions you may have about the Moms Panel registration process which is set to open in a few weeks.
- The meet will start promptly at 1:00PM. We will be awarding prizes at the top of every hour. The silent auction will start at 1:00PM and end at exactly 5:00PM. The meet will end at 6:00PM.

I've updated the attendee list and we now have over 100 people who've signed up. Attending the meet is free so if you are in the area and need a Disney fix please stop by. Please continue to spread the word. Looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday. :wizard:

Just received A very generous donation from a co-worker who I introduced to Give Kids the World and the Indy Meet. Our fundraising efforts are off to a great start. :woohoo:

I've setup a First Giving page for anyone who wishes to make a contribution before, during, and after the Indy Meet. If you can't make this years meet please consider making a tax deductable contribution.

Thank You! :)
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/IndyDisneyMeet/indydisneymeetfundraisingpage

The attendee list has been updated.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Remember to bring your cameras. :)

Just received A very generous donation from a co-worker who I introduced to Give Kids the World and the Indy Meet. Our fundraising efforts are off to a great start. :woohoo:

I've setup a First Giving page for anyone who wishes to make a contribution before, during, and after the Indy Meet. If you can't make this years meet please consider making a tax deductable contribution.

Thank You! :)
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/IndyDisneyMeet/indydisneymeetfundraisingpage
As previously announced please consider making a donation to the Indy Meet if you are unable to attend this year. All proceeds go to the Power of 10 - Give Kids the World challenge conducted by the DIS. All donations no matter how big or small are appreciated.

We'll be posting live photos and updates from the meet so even if you are unable to attend you can still be with us in spirit and follow along. :)
Additional photos will be posted to our Facebook page. Be sure to Like us.
http://www.facebook.com/search.php?...arch_preload&search_first_focus=1313589411735

The attendee list is updated.

The meet is this Saturday, Sept 3rd. Will you be at the best Disney meet in the Midwest to benefit Give Kids the World? We hope to see you there. :)

Hi Everyone -

Just a couple things to mention.

- I've updated the attendee list. Please spread the word about the meet. Our venue is large and can accommodate a number of people.
- Don't forget to Like our official Facebook page (Indy Disney Meet) for announcements and live photos from the meet this Saturday, plus other great information concerning Give Kids the World.
http://www.facebook.com/search.php?...arch_preload&search_first_focus=1313589411735
- Don't forget to bring a food item to share with the other meet attendees. There will be a limited number of electrical outlets for crock pots.
- Please feel free to bring a camera. There are occassions where having a camera is a good idea.
- If you wish to bid on auction items we can only accept cash and checks.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. :)

So excited to meet everyone Saturday. I'm hoping it will help keep me sane since my trip is only a month away, and the wait is killing me! :goodvibes

Kelly & I (LutheranChick82 & Chefmickey123) will not be able to attend this year, but will be there next year. I will be in my last year of seminary at Ft. Wayne and her folks live in Indy.

We are out of town on our my intership now.

Can't wait, and by that point in time we will be less than 9 months from our next WDW trip.

GKTW Rocks!
:hippie:

So excited to meet everyone Saturday. I'm hoping it will help keep me sane since my trip is only a month away, and the wait is killing me! :goodvibes
I know...Any Disney fix to pass the time is always welcome! See ya Saturday.

Kelly & I (LutheranChick82 & Chefmickey123) will not be able to attend this year, but will be there next year. I will be in my last year of seminary at Ft. Wayne and her folks live in Indy.

We are out of town on our my intership now.

Can't wait, and by that point in time we will be less than 9 months from our next WDW trip.

GKTW Rocks!
:hippie:
Sorry you can't make it. We'll see you next year.

For anyone who can't make the meet please consider making a donation to our First Giving page. The money you donate to this page goes directly to Give Kids the World.
Thanks!

A piece of Central Florida is coming to Central Indiana tomorrow! Dole Whip, Duffy the Bear, Kona Sticky Wings, Give Kids the World and much more. We hope to see you at the 4th annual Indianapolis Disney Meet from 1 - 6PM. Prizes will be awarded at the top of each hour. The silent auction will take place from 1 - 5PM. All proceeds from the auction and the meet will be donated to Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida. We hope to see you there. :)

Hi Everyone,

I'll be at the meet venue around 8:00AM to start setting things up. We could always use additional help setting up if anyone wants to come out early. I promise not to overwork you. :)

Okay - Last chance to spread the word about tomorrow's meet.

There's usually a few family's who don't hear about our meet until it's too late. Spread the word. :)

We are giving away lots of great prizes. I'm sitting hear looking at hundreds of dollars in Disney gift cards... :) Admission to the meet is free which means you could come to the meet, have a great time, possibly win a great prize, and have a Dole Whip all at no cost to you. If you are in the area please consider stopping by and supporting the DIS's Power of 10 - Give Kids the World Challenge. A great time will be had by all. We hope to see you there! :goodvibes

Be sure to like our Facebook page so you can see live photos and updates from the meet. I'll also be posting live photos on this thread as well.

We're heading out to the meet venue! See everyone there! :)

Before the setup begins!
5c9f1fda.jpg

Aaron--I just emailed the certificates for the silent auction. I hope you receive them in time!

If anyone reads this before going to the meet please pass the message along to Aaron! Thank you so much!

Have a great time! I'll be thinking about you while I am at work today!

Aaron--I just emailed the certificates for the silent auction. I hope you receive them in time!

If anyone reads this before going to the meet please pass the message along to Aaron! Thank you so much!

Have a great time! I'll be thinking about you while I am at work today!
I received them! Thank you. :)

Have a great day, all!!!
Thanks Nikki!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter