• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GKTW Event: Richmond, VA Meet - April 10-12, 2015 Final Donation Results In!

Hi everyone:

Just a quick reminder that shirt order deadline is March 1. I am currently trying to get a small extension.

Also, if you register by February 18 you will receive 10 extra free tickets for the "Chinese" raffle.
Just in case you do not understand what a "Chinese" raffle is (I did not at first). A "Chinese" auction is basically a raffle. Items are placed on a table with some type of bowl in front of fit. You purchase tickets and then drop them in bowl you would like to try and win.

I will list tickets prices closer to the Meet date. I completely forgot to do that on the website.

Have a great weekend.

I really want to attend this! I live in Myrtle Beach, SC but my mom is in Chester so I would have somewhere to stay. I was looking at the tickets and wondered if I need a ticket for my baby. She's only going to be 3 months old at the time so she won't be eating the lunch :rotfl:And I will make a donation in her honor :)

I really want to attend this! I live in Myrtle Beach, SC but my mom is in Chester so I would have somewhere to stay. I was looking at the tickets and wondered if I need a ticket for my baby. She's only going to be 3 months old at the time so she won't be eating the lunch :rotfl:And I will make a donation in her honor :)

No you do not need a ticket for your baby. The ticket price is for lunch only and since you do not need lunch you will be fine. I have to count children age 2 and up as part of the number of guests allowed in the room. If there is an additional space where you can write notes on Eventbrite, please just make a note about your baby. (just in case I need the information for the hotel). I think I created a space for notes; I will double check. Can't wait to meet you.

I am thinking about driving from Michigan for this event. What are the road conditions like in April? Last year here we still had snow on the ground at that time.

I am thinking about driving from Michigan for this event. What are the road conditions like in April? Last year here we still had snow on the ground at that time.

I have no idea what the road conditions are from Michigan to Richmond. :)

April is usually a calm month weather wise in Richmond. Right now we are in a very cold weather pattern and we are one week from March. It does not usually snow. Rain yes, snow not so much. Of course, now that I have said something it will snow and the Canal cruise adventure will become an ice skating one :rolleyes1. (I'm joking).

The beginning of April is usually warm during the day and cool at night.

I so wish I could be more accurate to help. There is a saying around here that goes, "if you don't like Richmond weather, wait a second", because the weather changes very quickly. Rain is more of a factor than snow, so you should be okay regarding that.

Just got my tickets!! :yay: Can't wait to meet everyone. Thanks, Melissa for doing all of the hard work for the rest of us. Can't wait! I'm such a Disney Nerd!! :) And proud of it!!

:disrocks:

Just got my tickets!! :yay: Can't wait to meet everyone. Thanks, Melissa for doing all of the hard work for the rest of us. Can't wait! I'm such a Disney Nerd!! :) And proud of it!!

:disrocks:

party:

Looking forward to meeting you.

Just a quick update.

Remaining tickets for Saturday's event is 82. Please remember that due to fire code regulations only 100 guests are allowed in the event room.

Just 50 days. Yikes....lol.

Hi everyone:

I just wanted to say thank you to all who registered this week. It is looking like we will have fun.

-----------------------------------------------

Just in case you are looking for a quick summary of the event, I posted it in Post #1 right above the link to the website to register. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Have a great weekend!

:jumping1:Got my ticket and my shirt! I can't wait! Melissa just so you are aware there wasn't a space for me to put a note on Eventbrite about the baby. My ticket is under Kayla Crystal if you want to make a little note to yourself. :)

:jumping1:Got my ticket and my shirt! I can't wait! Melissa just so you are aware there wasn't a space for me to put a note on Eventbrite about the baby. My ticket is under Kayla Crystal if you want to make a little note to yourself. :)

Weird. I will check the site. I will just make a note to myself. :flower3:

I look forward to meeting you. Just 48 days.

Got tickets for myself and my two boys, also got my shirt and tickets for the canal cruise. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi everyone:

Just a quick note. I was able to get the cut off date for a T-shirt to March 10, 2015.

Also the hotel rate date expires March 20.
Registration ends March 27.

Have a great week. I am hoping that the weather calms down. For all those dealing with the snow, warm hugs and please be safe.

Just so you know. It is the weather in Richmond yesterday was 36 degrees. Today it is 52 degrees. Tomorrow it will be 32 degrees. Yes the weather changes this quickly...lol.

Got tickets for myself and my two boys, also got my shirt and tickets for the canal cruise. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Happy dance.

Wait....

:mickeyjum :goofy: :donald:

This has bigger impact...lol.

Husband and I are going! Just need to be sure we have child care and we will register! Always wanted to go to a dis meet but never made it work. We live 2 hours away so this will be perfect.

Wishing all the best for a great time in Richmond! I have a singing engagements that weekend, otherwise we'd enjoy taking the Acela and having fun with you!

Husband and I are going! Just need to be sure we have child care and we will register! Always wanted to go to a dis meet but never made it work. We live 2 hours away so this will be perfect.

We hope you will be able to join. Yay!

Wishing all the best for a great time in Richmond! I have a singing engagements that weekend, otherwise we'd enjoy taking the Acela and having fun with you!

Thank you for the well wishes. We hope you have a wonderful time at your singing engagement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter