GKTW Button

STLmomof3

Earning My Ears
Hello :flower:
I have heard some say that GKTW gives a button that the child can go to front of lines without having to wait, Does this go for all of my kids or just the dream child? Does anyone know? Also if it does go for all of them what if it is a ride the Dream child doesnt want to go on but cant wait and hour for his brother and sister to stand in line???
THANKS
Kelly

Mom of Cameren
1st Disney Trip -9/14-9/21

The GKTW button is only for the "wish" child. The button is not really what got us to the front of the lines last week, it was our GAC. There were really only 3 times that the GKTW button came in handy.

Once, at Universal, David just ran to the front of the line to see Scooby-Doo and Shaggy and, because of his button, the characters were more than kind and let him be first. Another time, we stood in line to get autographs/pictures with Chip and Dale. When they saw his button, they moved everyone else aside and gave he and his brother about 5 minutes of their time. The third time was with Eeyore, Pooh and Tigger. They saw his button and once again gave David and his brother about 5 minutes of their time.

As for the wish child not wanting to go on a ride with others, we did that once. Robert (my "non-wish" son) and I went on a ride at Universal that David did not want to go on. Robert and I used the GAC and went on it ourselves.

Hope this helps.

Dave

I see and where did you get this GAC ? Does it work in all the parks? or do we have to get new one everytime? Is it a button or card ?
I got some stickers & hat sent to me from Disney with the heart and genie on them it says to use those also as the parks recognize these, Did you have any of these?
We also are getting a stroller in the parks do we get a different one everytime or is it a weekly thing? Thanks for your quick response and help. :wave:

When you stay at GKTW, your "wish" child gets his/her GKTW button upon checkin at the resort. At orientation (usually done at around 9am or 7:45pm of the day you arrive at GKTW), you (one adult member of each new arrival) get your GAC's - one for each park (US/IOA, WDW, and SeaWorld) - along with your park tickets and parking passes.

The orientation takes about an hour and is VERY informative, even if you've been to one or more of the parks.

Any other questions? I'll be glad to help.

Dave

You can always get a FastPass for an attraction that the MAW (GKTW) does not want to experience, and use that. I believe a GAC and the MAW buttons are for use only with the child they were issued to.

Schmeck said:
You can always get a FastPass for an attraction that the MAW (GKTW) does not want to experience, and use that. I believe a GAC and the MAW buttons are for use only with the child they were issued to.
I believe that is correct.
The regular GAC (the ones not for MAW) are used that way.
GACs are issued in the name of the person with a disability and are for their use. They are meant to be used when the person with a disability is present.

From what I have been told by CMs, the MAW button is not what gets accomidation for attractions, it's the GAC or other paperwork. Some people who have been on MAW trips choose to wear the MAW buttons on later trips, but would not get the same accomidation without the paperwork.

My son,the wish child,didn't want to ride anything.We all wore MAW shirts,and were sent to the front of every line.Some asked to see the GAC,and we did explain that our son did not want to ride,but that we did not want to make him wait.No problems at all.We rode Kraken(awesome by the way) and Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld with no problems,no GAC needed,they saw our shirts and that was enough.One of my parents would take Gabey to do things he wanted to do(he loves to watch things spin,and flap his hands).We didn't ride too much,since we didn't want to leave him for very long.HTH!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter