• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Giving Stitch some love. Ideas for a new attraction featuring stitch.

ronDisney

the Ron of RonnMel
My wife LOVES stitch, and it's sometimes with a sad thought that we discuss how Stitch seems to be cursed when it comes to attractions, shows, parades, etc.

That being said, we had a small discussion about what kind of attraction (or show, or whatever) could be set up to give Stitch some much needed love and popularity in the park.

After some brainstorming we were thinking of a new dark-ride that had elements of TSM and Buzz Light Year.

The basic story would involve helping Lilo and Stitch locate as many of his brother and sister experiments as they can, so that they can help find them new homes.

For those of you who actually don't know. Stitch is experiment 626, so there's at least over 600 other experiments that could be used in the attraction. LOL!!

A car for 4 people each equipped with "tagging guns" would navigate through a tracked dark ride with perhaps a hawaiian town and part of the jungle as backdrops.

Transparent video screens (much like larger transparent teleprompters used for giving speeches) would display randomized animations of various "experiments" which riders would try to tag using their "tagging guns".

I wish I could describe this better but the ride would feature a mix of those screens hidden behind physical environments (kind of like what happens in the RnR intro show, but more evolved).

Tagging certain environments could also trigger physical movements in those areas possibly showing more experiments.

Of course, in order to help people guide their track guns, a colored laser, or target reticule would need to be displayed, so that people would know where they're aiming at.

At the end of the ride, stitch would thank you for helping him and Lilo would display your "score" on a screen. We were thinking that somehow you could go to a website where you could get an animated list of all the experiments you managed to tag.

I know i'm not selling this concept too well, but I wish i could show you all the images in my head of what such an attraction might look like. I do admit that perhaps the ending might need to be tweaked.

This is just one idea. Any of you out there with a love for Stitch have any ideas for a "hot ticket" stitch attraction / show / etc that could get our furry friend off the bench and into the spotlight?

Although Stitch is cursed in the American parks, in Hong Kong and Paris there is a show called Stitch Encounter/Live which actually looks good! It is very similar to Turtle Talk with Crush so it would not fit into the American parks. Your ideas sound cool! Stitch is not my favorite but I know he has many fans.:stitch:

I love Stitch as well. I vote for a Stich coaster where you chase after gantu in the red squad car. It could be a high speed chase with some great corners.

I actually really like the general idea you have ronDisney. Should people wise up and close Stitch's Great Escape, they could then turn Buzz Lightyear into such a ride without removing too many of the guts of the ride space. Don't get me wrong, I love Buzz every now and then, but its age is showing, and Stitch's Great Escape is a pretty good show for those who haven't done it before, I just can't see two stitch attractions in the vicinity (Of course, I could be wrong and it could work).

DizCaptain:
I actually initially thought of placing my Stitch Dark ride at HS for some reason, but the idea of replacing both Stitch's Great Escape and Buzz light year, with this one attraction, actually makes more sense.

My only problem with using existing track from buzz, is that I didn't want the attraction to be a continuous moving ride. It would be smaller cars, ala TSM. Maybe not even on a track (kind of how the car at TOT navigates the area).

I seriously wish Disney would consider this - my six year old daughter LOVES stitch! Stitch's Great Escape is NOT age appropriate for it's audience though in my opinion and I wish there were something for her to do that didn't scare the crap out of her. My daughter couldn't WAIT to ride, though I had a feeling it might be too much for her. She insisted so I said ok, you want to be brave and try it go ahead, and she came out screaming and crying...it wasn't the cute and cuddely Stitch from the tv show...it kind of stinks. :( I felt SO bad for letting her go!!!

When I first saw the movie and they did the scene with the song Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride, I thought of a stand up coaster looking like surf boards and the song playing in speakers the ride in the parks....never materialized.

OOoooh Yeah...
A surf inspired standing roller coaster ride, featuring Stitch. Any roller coaster at Disney is sure to be a truly popular attraction. I know ASteelersMidget had mentioned the coaster idea before, but splicing that together with daber's idea.

OMG!!!

A Stitch coaster that would be AMAZING!!!

Of course, that would lose the younger kids, but as it stands right now even Great Escape is problematic for them, as pumpkinpatchquilter had mentioned.

Yeah...come to think of it, doesn't Great Escape put stitch in more of the "evil experiment" mode, than the friendly furry alien, my wife (and many others) have grown to love?

I know there's something to be said about the bad boys / villains of Disney...but Stitch was never really a villain now was he?

I love how everyone say's Stitches great escape isn't age appropriate :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Anyone ride what it replaced? Alien Encounter ****ed up some kids. myself included. They decided to replace it because it was WAY to scary.

Stitch is scary but it is by no means scaring like Alien Encounter was.

Stitch replacing AE was a convenient way to throw a popular character into an already existing space. For better or worse, it's a bandaid. I think we'll see a Perry attraction before anything Stitch related. When I was there a couple weeks ago Perry was everywhere, much like Stitch was a few years ago.

Stitch replacing AE was a convenient way to throw a popular character into an already existing space. For better or worse, it's a bandaid. I think we'll see a Perry attraction before anything Stitch related. When I was there a couple weeks ago Perry was everywhere, much like Stitch was a few years ago.

I would like to see a Stitch themed ride added to DHS, removing the one from MK and put a more appropriate ride in that space.

DHS needs more rides. There aren't enough, which is why the lines are long at the good rides there.

I would like to see a Stitch themed ride added to DHS, removing the one from MK and put a more appropriate ride in that space.

DHS needs more rides. There aren't enough, which is why the lines are long at the good rides there.

I'm sorry but how is it an inappropriate ride for that spot?

I'm sorry but how is it an inappropriate ride for that spot?

Yeah I agree, its probably the best fit for it... and quite honestly Tomorrowland needs some love in my eyes, the only things I do there are Space Mountain, Carousel of Progress, and Transit Authority anymore. I personally greatly dislike Laugh Floor, only do Buzz when its not busy, and Stitch was hit it and quit it. They can't take something out without putting something else in at Tomorrowland, its hard to convey what I'm thinking, its just I feel like its space wouldn't allow for fewer attractions, only newer ones to replace the oldies (and Stitch really isn't that old).

I just realized I forgot to mention Autopia, which clearly shows its importance...

I think there are other characters out there who need a ride more than stitch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter