Give up my cruise and move to WDW?

mypixiedust

Earning My Ears
My husband recently retired from the Navy and we now live in Arizona. However, we have a house in St. Augustine, Fl, but we ( my kids and me) want to be closer to WDW! For the cost of the WBPC cruise next year, we could move. I just don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions about living next to WDW? I have 3 girls 12, 10, and 7. I want to live in a good area with great schools. Or I could just stay here for 2 more years, enjoy my 14 day cruise and then move. I just don't know what to do!

Ugh! You are going to live my dream! It's my dream to be a FLR! We stayed at Windsor Hills this last time and it was a really nice gated and secure area. I'm going to try and be happy for you instead of green eyed!

My husband recently retired from the Navy and we now live in Arizona. However, we have a house in St. Augustine, Fl, but we ( my kids and me) want to be closer to WDW! For the cost of the WBPC cruise next year, we could move. I just don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions about living next to WDW? I have 3 girls 12, 10, and 7. I want to live in a good area with great schools. Or I could just stay here for 2 more years, enjoy my 14 day cruise and then move. I just don't know what to do!

If you move, move soon before the kiddos get to high school. That's the reason we haven't moved yet. Didn't want to pull the kids away from the familiar. Now we have one year left and counting! Good luck in your decision!

As a Realtor here near Disney, I always say "move" if you think you want to... I can say it was a great decision for us and a lot of the people I have helped to establish roots here in Florida.

Of course, I love moving, but that's probably why I became a Realtor. I can live vicariously through my clients! :rotfl:

Good luck whatever you decide. Moving is always an adventure!

Tracy

I love Florida, even with the love bugs and snow birds! As far as schools go there are various levels of the good, the bad and the ugly. I can tell you my area of the gulf coast has great schools if you weren't going to stay in st Augustine. Don't forget- Florida resident discount! Just a thought!

Consider even further down the coast in Brevard. close to the Port, about an hour or so from the mouse, near the beach and some of the top schools in the state. And decent job opportunities growing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter