• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Give me your best advice to save me from foot pain

I agree with changing shoes and moleskin. I carry little squares and rectangles of moleskin in my bag, that way if I feel a hot spot developing I can cover it immediately and keep it from going 'full blister'. good luck!

OOFOs are my go to shoe for long days. Very soft but built in support (my PT recommended them when 8n has Achilles tendinitis). Yiu can wear with or without socks. But the socks i love for long walks are Feetures. They have support built in and are marked for left or right feet. Bombas are also comfortable for me…soft with no seams on the toes. But the short no show ones always seem to roll down, I like the longer ones.

I was happy to see this pop back up as I'm planning another Disney trip in September. So here is what worked for me. Inserts in my sketches, ach support socks, change of shoes mid day, without socks. I brought socks with me in case I needed them and I sometimes did. The balm was good to stop any rubbing. Blister band aids for when I felt a hot spot forming. The real game changer for me was KT tape. I looked on you tube for how to use it for heel pain. It was remarkable. The minute I taped my heels, the pain instantly stopped. After countless miles walking for three days, I only had a little blister on the pad of my pinkie toe and my feet were great! The moleskins and toe tubes didn't seem to help with the pinkies but the damage was far less than ever before.

Lot's and lot's of great advice has already been given. Just popping in to add that prep your feet with a walking program at home PRIOR to a DLR visit. Many guests aren't prepared for all of the park walking and then jump into 10k steps a day and end up miserable. Try out your new shoes, moleskin all of that as well as part of the walking prep. Your feet will thank you!

Lot's and lot's of great advice has already been given. Just popping in to add that prep your feet with a walking program at home PRIOR to a DLR visit. Many guests aren't prepared for all of the park walking and then jump into 10k steps a day and end up miserable. Try out your new shoes, moleskin all of that as well as part of the walking prep. Your feet will thank you!
This has been the difference for me. I went last year and my feet were torn to shreds after 1 long day at the parks (and I still had 3 days to go!! :scared:). This time I've been using the Theme Parkist walking plan to prepare. I leave in less than two weeks for my next trip and I walked 10 miles on Sunday as part of the plan without any pain and felt great the next day. I also have a newish pair of HOKAs, which I'm sure helps too.

This has been the difference for me. I went last year and my feet were torn to shreds after 1 long day at the parks (and I still had 3 days to go!! :scared:). This time I've been using the Theme Parkist walking plan to prepare. I leave in less than two weeks for my next trip and I walked 10 miles on Sunday as part of the plan without any pain and felt great the next day. I also have a newish pair of HOKAs, which I'm sure helps too.
yay!!! good for you. Ready to go have some FUN!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter