Give-A-Day ticket//fastpass question

You don't get FPs, you get Fastpass Exchange Cards (up to 6), which is only good at that park on that day. That card can be used to get the Fastpasses at the kiosks.

This confuses me..what is the difference in using the Fastpass exchange card vs using your key card, ifyou still go the kiosk.

Does the Fast pass exchange card give you the fast pass for RIGHT THEN..instead of getting one issued to you at the distribution time?

As well it doesn't take away from a "time" for you to get another one. Meaning if the time is 2:00 on the fast pass how you can't get one another time.

So is it for sure that you only get 1 fast pass exchange card.

I was hoping it was like for two or 3 rides :goodvibes

I have 8 people so we were going to all 8 get fast passes.
I would think for sure each person can fill in for the vouchers..which means we would have 8 x 6 = 48 fast pass vouchers.
(now my parents won't use theirs for any of the big rides)..so we would have 48/6 = 8 rides worth. Hopefull I figured that out.

And we can use some at one park and some at others...that is what I am hoping.

Oh and ONE more thing..we HAVE to go and stand in line at guest services outside the parks right? and can only be used that day...or can we stand in line on a Monday and ask for them on wed.

This confuses me..what is the difference in using the Fastpass exchange card vs using your key card, ifyou still go the kiosk.

Does the Fast pass exchange card give you the fast pass for RIGHT THEN..instead of getting one issued to you at the distribution time?

Yes.

As well it doesn't take away from a "time" for you to get another one. Meaning if the time is 2:00 on the fast pass how you can't get one another time.

Yes. The FPXC is completely indepedent of your park ticket. You use your park ticket as normal. Since the FP you get from the FPXC is immediate, then the next time you can get a FP with the FPXC is also immediate. You can stick it into the kiosk repeatedly and get immediate FPs (until you exhaust all the credits).

So is it for sure that you only get 1 fast pass exchange card.

You get 1 FPXC for EACH PERSON IN YOUR GROUP (who needs to be present to get them), up to an advertised maximum of 6 (some have gotten more). EACH FPXC is good for some number (can vary, seems to be 3 at the moment) FPs at each group of attractions.

I was hoping it was like for two or 3 rides:goodvibes

You'll get at least that, just not all at one attraction. You CAN, however, ride a single attraction as many times as you have credits for that particular group - i.e. if you get 3 Donald and 3 Daisy credits, you can ride TSM 3 times using the FPXC.

I have 8 people so we were going to all 8 get fast passes.
I would think for sure each person can fill in for the vouchers..which means we would have 8 x 6 = 48 fast pass vouchers.
(now my parents won't use theirs for any of the big rides)..so we would have 48/6 = 8 rides worth. Hopefull I figured that out.

Not quite...first, EACH PERSON needs to volunteer in the GAD promotion to get a GAD voucher. They are not "fast pass vouchers". The name of the person is on the voucher, and they must be present and have positive government issued ID (copy of birth certificate is OK for children).

For EACH GAD voucher you turn in, you can get up to SIX Fastpass Exchange Cards. You do not need to turn them all in. ONE is usually enough for an entire group.

In your case, if you have 8 people, you MIGHT be able to get 8 FPXCs. It is not guaranteed though, so you might need to be prepared to use a second voucher.

And we can use some at one park and some at others...that is what I am hoping.

You can use your GAD vouchers on different days and/or parks. The FPXC you get is only good at the park you received it at, on that day. So you couldn't get one at MK, then park hop to Epcot and use that card still. But you CAN turn in another voucher for new cards at Epcot.

Oh and ONE more thing..we HAVE to go and stand in line at guest services outside the parks right? and can only be used that day...or can we stand in line on a Monday and ask for them on wed.

You HAVE to stand in line at the Will Call window, which is usually one of the ticket booths. If the specific window isn't open, THEN you can go to the outside Guest Relations window. At MK, where the ticket windows are at the TTC, there will be a "will call" window either at the outside GR or at the building nearby - there is an arrow that points to which one it is at that time.

You CANNOT get FPXCs for a future day.

Could you please explain how the credits work...Donald and Daisy? :confused:

Could you please explain how the credits work...Donald and Daisy? :confused:

All the details are on the web page linked in my signature, but the basics are that they divide some of the Fastpass attractions into two groups: Donald and Daisy. Donald is the most popular attractions (i.e. "E-ticket" in ye olde parlance) and Daisy is the rest.

Each FPXC is good for X instant FPs from Donald attractions, and X from the Daisy attractions, where X varies between 2-4, but lately X appears to be 3.

Thanks!

So, if I go on a trip with my nephew and we each have a voucher, we can use one voucher to get 2 cards at say...DHS, then the next day use the second voucher to get 2 more cards to use at AK? And, each of those cards is valid for X Daisy attractions and X Donald attractions.

Thanks!

So, if I go on a trip with my nephew and we each have a voucher, we can use one voucher to get 2 cards at say...DHS, then the next day use the second voucher to get 2 more cards to use at AK? And, each of those cards is valid for X Daisy attractions and X Donald attractions.

Exactly.

I was thinking of upgrading my son's one day MYW base ticket we will get with our package to a 2 day PH. Would this be considered a multi-day pass so we could get the fast pass exchange card with his voucher?

I was thinking of upgrading my son's one day MYW base ticket we will get with our package to a 2 day PH. Would this be considered a multi-day pass so we could get the fast pass exchange card with his voucher?

Yes. Any ticket with more than one total theme park day on it qualifies.

Follow the link in my signature for the details, but you get to choose.

Thank you so much for the details on the fastpass. Answered all my questions about the GAD Fastpasses!:cool1:

Can you get a Give a Day fastpass at the "back entrance" to Epcot? We're staying at the Boardwalk. (With all the proper documentation, of course).

Can you get a Give a Day fastpass at the "back entrance" to Epcot? We're staying at the Boardwalk. (With all the proper documentation, of course).

Yes, one of the ticket booths is designated a Will Call booth. The other one doubles as a Guest Relations.

You can do everything you can at the front of the park at the International Gateway entrance.

I entered a birthdate wrong when signing up (off by 1 day for an adult)..I cannot figure out HOW to change it and I don't want it to make a difference when I go get the voucher exchanged.

Does anyone know how to change it on the "manage my account" on the give a day website.

It is not he lead participant..it is a second person in the household, and adult.

I also sent an email...but just in case

There are 4 of us, we all have vouchers, we want to use one voucher at each park for Fastpasses at that park.

We trade in one voucher and get 4 FPxc for that park that day only. We go the kiosk at the attraction, put in the card and get a fastpass for right then.

There are 2 groups on each exchange card (bigger rides on one and smaller things in the other) and you get 2 to 4 FP from each group, so 4 to 8 total fastpasses per person, per day?

What if the fastpasses are gone for the day when we get to that attraction, like Soarin?

My hubby doesn't ride some of the big rides, so if the number of FP for that day is 3, can he get 3 FP for say, RNRC for and let the rest of us use them so we can ride twice?

We need to be there before 11 am?

There are 4 of us, we all have vouchers, we want to use one voucher at each park for Fastpasses at that park.

We trade in one voucher and get 4 FPxc for that park that day only. We go the kiosk at the attraction, put in the card and get a fastpass for right then.

There are 2 groups on each exchange card (bigger rides on one and smaller things in the other) and you get 2 to 4 FP from each group, so 4 to 8 total fastpasses per person, per day?

Yup :thumbsup2

What if the fastpasses are gone for the day when we get to that attraction, like Soarin?
There will be one kiosk with a sign on it that says it is exclusively for Fastpass Exchange Card holders (I haven't seen the exact wording of the new GAD signs yet). You can use that one. For some reason at TSM they cover all of them on occasion and you need to ask.

My hubby doesn't ride some of the big rides, so if the number of FP for that day is 3, can he get 3 FP for say, RNRC for and let the rest of us use them so we can ride twice?
Yes, anyone can use the FPs.

We need to be there before 11 am?
Technically yes, although we've never heard any reports of people being refused after that time. They just SAY they may not be available. In theory, they could run out earlier than that as well, but again, it hasn't happened that we know of.

Are there blackout dates for using the voucher to get the Fast Pass? We will be there March 27 - April 1.

Are there blackout dates for using the voucher to get the Fast Pass? We will be there March 27 - April 1.

Yes, the announced blackout dates apply to any use of the GAD voucher. You would have to use them on the 27th or 28th (blackout starts on the 29th).

So sorry, I'm a little dense. :headache:
We have 4 of us all with vouchers. We also have non-exp. multi day tix we could use. We are going to MK for only 1 day pre cruise.
Say, if we turn in MY voucher only, we all get FP cards, good for 6 rides each (3 Donald, 3 Daisy) ?

If this is true, then can we all 4 turn in our vouchers, each of us getting 4 FP cards, each good for 6 FPs? That would be 24 FPs per person total?

or we could redeem 1 voucher for 4 FP cards (1 for each of us, each card for 6 rides) and still redeem the other 3 vouchers for 3 admission tickets or a similar combination? maybe 2 free tickets and 2 FP cards?

Just trying to weigh which is a better deal. :goodvibes

So sorry, I'm a little dense. :headache:
We have 4 of us all with vouchers. We also have non-exp. multi day tix we could use. We are going to MK for only 1 day pre cruise.
Say, if we turn in MY voucher only, we all get FP cards, good for 6 rides each (3 Donald, 3 Daisy) ?

If this is true, then can we all 4 turn in our vouchers, each of us getting 4 FP cards, each good for 6 FPs? That would be 24 FPs per person total?

or we could redeem 1 voucher for 4 FP cards (1 for each of us, each card for 6 rides) and still redeem the other 3 vouchers for 3 admission tickets or a similar combination? maybe 2 free tickets and 2 FP cards?

Just trying to weigh which is a better deal. :goodvibes

In theory, yes, all of this is true. Only the one turning in the GAD voucher for the FP option needs to have a multi-day ticket - everyone else must have at least a valid ticket.

There is some debate as to whether a CM will give multiple FP Exchange Cards to someone who already has one though. It is not totally clear, although there does not appear to be any restriction in this regard. And 24 FPs is a LOT for one person to use. :)

The days remaining on your existing tickets are probably more valuable to be saved for another future visit. They cost you less initially than a single day's admission. For maximum monetary value I'd save those and take the free day, although you could use one of the GAD vouchers to get one set of FP cards to accelerate your day.

May I just thank you for patiently answering all questions about the FPXC!

Please don't throw darts or flames at me, but I just want to make sure I absolutely understand (Let's call this Fastpass Exchange for Dummies!)

I will travel to the World with 3 family members (so, that's 4 of us total--ha ha ;)). Let's say I am the only member to have a voucher. I approach Guest Services with my 3 family members, my voucher, my multi-day ticket, and my ID. I know I will receive a FPXC which is good for 2-4 fastpasses for the Donald/Daisy attractions. Here is my question...

Will my 3 family members also get Exchange Cards? Even though they didn't volunteer? I figured they would have to sponge off my fastpasses, and if it's only going to spew out 3 fastpasses per ride, then one of us would have to skip riding with the rest of us.

Can you clarify? (I don't mind if you talk down to me...I just want to be crystal clear!)

Again, I thank you for your patience and wisdom. :worship: :yoda:

KJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter