Girls Weekend in SF!!!

SLK1

DIS Veteran
My mom, my SIL, and I will be traveling to SF for a girls weekend the first weekend in October. I am hoping for great weather, since 15 years ago it was perfect that time of year. So, what are some things we should do? I have been, but they have not. I'm thinking one of those tours covering the city for starters, then maybe a show? Any good ideas, or things NOT to do while there? We are staying at the brand new Marriott that is opening this month. Thanks!!!:love:

I am pretty sure the new Disney museum is opening up in October, but I am not sure when exactly. It is going to be over in the Presidio, by the GG Bridge.

I am not sure what you did last time- there is the obvious Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, great shopping at Union square and the mall, you could do a walk across the bridge (if the weather is nice), Ghiradelli square, plenty of good shows to see. The California Academy of Sciences just re-opened which I haven't been to it yet since the re-opening, but it is like an aquarium/natural history museum and they have a new rainforest exhibit that is supposed to be really nice.

Golden Gate Park is a great option. You can get a picnic lunch and explore. The little Shakespeare Garden is a cute spot to sit and eat. You could go to the Conservatory of Flowers- It is a beautiful place to see even if you don't go inside. The outdoor Arboreteum is a great place to walk around and it's free. You can check out the windmill. The Japanese Tea Garden is pretty, you can walk around and see the gardens and even have lunch there (I have never actually eaten there, so I don't know if it's good, it's always crowded). And China town is a neat place to get some amazing Chinese food and unique souvenirs.

If you go across the bridge into Sausalito (it's a little town with amazing views of the bay, cute shops and good food), you can have an amazing dinner at The Spinnaker, right on the bay! Tiburon is another beautiful nearby town (across the bridge in Marin) with cute little shops and good eats. But Sausalito is just right across the bridge.

If you want an amazing (expensive) ladies brunch, you can go to the Cliff House. If you are looking for cheap eats, Sears Fine Foods over by Union Square is yummy for breakfast and lunch.

If you luck out with a really nice day, you can go down to Ocean beach or something too. Sorry I don't know where the new Marriot is, so I don't know what you are close to.

Have a great time- hopefully something on here helped :)

The Cliff House that is there now is not the one that was there when I worked for the Cliff House in the 1980's and early 1990's, but the brunch that Disney4Ever mentioned was really popular back then so maybe it is really good. People sure waited a long time to get in. There used to be a separate host on Sundays just to keep the guest list for the Terrace Room Brunch.

I think people ate at the Cliff House primarily for the view though. If the Cliff House is too expensive for you and you want a great view with some cheap eats, head on up the hill to Louis's. It is a basic diner, but sitting there makes you feel like you are sitting on the edge of the world because you are looking over a cliff at the ocean and the ruins of the Sutro Baths below. You will see what I mean, especially if you sit at one of the corner tables.

The Disney Family Museum is just a construction site right now with some old buildings that look like they haven't been used since WWII that are being torn down. It would be nice if that were ready when you get here, but it looked far from that when I saw the site about a week ago.

If you want to go to Sausalito or Tiburon, the ferry is a fun way to get there. Catching the ferry, going to lunch, and riding the ferry back is fun enough that a lot of people who live around here do it on a day off from work.

Last I heard, the museum was scheduled to open in October or November. As for a show, you could look into the best of broadway series or, my favorite, beach blanket babylon, in north beach. that's a classic SF experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter