Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

Maybe some day.
Must admit that I'd never make it, myself. Not a huge fan of eggplant and can take or leave zucchini. And peppers don't usually like me.
And that's... what? 75% of the dish??

Must admit that I'd never make it, myself. Not a huge fan of eggplant and can take or leave zucchini. And peppers don't usually like me.
And that's... what? 75% of the dish??

It is all vegetables and some spices. No peppers in this recipe but it does have onions and tomatoes.

Epcot-World Showcase Here We Come-Saturday, September 4, 2021

Which way do you usually go when you enter World Showcase? I'm going to say our normal routine is to head to the left and Mexico. It's not something we always do, but I would say we go towards Mexico a lot more than going right towards Canada. We were already in the Odyssey and Mexico is so much closer than Canada. Mexico also has a nice cool ride.

1691368351471.png

We went straight to the line for the ride. It snaked around and looked long but that was due to the social distancing. We were on the ride itself in less than 10 minutes. Leah could not remember ever having ridden so we had to introduce her to the Three Caballeros.

1691368540190.png
1691368572141.png
1691368597740.png

1691368629854.png

After our ride the girls shopped for crowns.
1691368676775.png

We stopped into Norway to say hello to Elsa and Anna. They were outside greeting guests from a distance. I think this was something that was fairly new at the time.
1691368802449.png

1691368823033.png

Danielle introduced us to the Frozen Viking Coffee- Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur and Kamora Coffee Liqueur with Coffee-Chocolate Sauce and garnished with Coffee-Chocolate Crunch. Michelle's and Leah's coffee did not have alcohol. It was everything we needed. It was cold, it was chocolate and it was caffeine. I just got this again on our trip in April. We had no problem sitting on the rocks outside my favorite bathroom in WS to enjoy it.
1691369212322.png

1691369232989.png

While enjoying our cool drinks we also had some entertainment. We were sitting directly across from the entrance to the Men's room. You can see the entrance to the ladies room behind my picture.

Continued. . .

Here is the Men's room entrance.
1691369590815.png

Our entertainment was watching a very hurried mother try to walk her daughter into the Men's room. The daughter had to dig her heels in and insist on not being taken to the Men's room. We all had a good laugh at that. Raise your hand if you have ever walked into the wrong bathroom in Disney.
:wave: I have been guilty of this and will admit it.

We said goodbye to Norway and started making our way towards France.
1691370245050.png
It was getting close to 7 and we had to be at our Remy Preview for 8.
We passed by China.
1691370300369.png
We found a Remy at the Refreshment Outpost.
1691370344786.png
We said a quick hello to Meredith in Kenya. She was one of Danielle's roommates from her first DCP. She was also the friend she traveled with back to Orlando that June.
1691370426898.png
We stopped in Germany so Michelle could do some shopping.
1691370475761.png
1691370491354.png
1691370543357.png
We spent some time in Italy shopping, getting wine and checking out the grapes growing by the fountain.
1691370676120.png
1691370708814.png

Continued. . .

We blew past America.

1691371201420.png

We passed up Japan, Morocco and France (for now) and stopped in the UK for some more photos.
1691371340244.png
1691371368845.png
1691371397839.png

It was finally time to go back to France for our special ride. France was crowded! I think everyone was in Epcot just for the Remy Preview.
1691371498044.png

1691371519572.png

The line was long and snaked from the ride all the way passed this sign. We had plenty of time to look around as we slowly made our way to Remy.
1691371605556.png
1691371628241.png
LaCreperie de Paris wasn't open but we did get to take a look inside the windows as we slowly went past it.
1691371687342.png
1691371711425.png

I have once again ran out of space for photos. I'm going to stop her and pick up with the rest of our review on my next update.

Have a great week!

Which way do you usually go when you enter World Showcase? I'm going to say our normal routine is to head to the left and Mexico. It's not something we always do, but I would say we go towards Mexico a lot more than going right towards Canada.
Yes.
Mexico also has a nice cool ride.
::yes::
You can sit, and still be moving... and it's cool. Win, win, win.
We went straight to the line for the ride. It snaked around and looked long but that was due to the social distancing.
You keep mentioning stuff like that and it hits me every time.
"Oh! Right! That was a thing!"... like it was 100 years ago. :sad2:
After our ride the girls shopped for crowns.
1691368676775.png
A pair of perfectly posed and poised princesses.
I hope they bought the crowns.
Pretty good Elsa. Looks quite a bit what you'd think a real Elsa would look like.
Danielle introduced us to the Frozen Viking Coffee- Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur and Kamora Coffee Liqueur with Coffee-Chocolate Sauce and garnished with Coffee-Chocolate Crunch.
Nope! Too much coffee for me!
Leah missed the straw, poor thing.

:rolleyes:
Our entertainment was watching a very hurried mother try to walk her daughter into the Men's room. The daughter had to dig her heels in and insist on not being taken to the Men's room. We all had a good laugh at that.
:laughing:
Raise your hand if you have ever walked into the wrong bathroom in Disney. :wave:
I don't think so? Maybe somewhere else once, but I don't remember now.
We said a quick hello to Meredith in Kenya. She was one of Danielle's roommates from her first DCP.
At first I was like... "What's Meredith doing in Kenya??"

And then... Oh! Meredith! Not Merida!!!
1691377655861.png
We stopped in Germany so Michelle could do some shopping.
Of course. You can spend a lot of money in Karamell Kuche

We usually always go left to Mexico, however, we go right on occasion. With Remy in France, we go right more now than we use too

Looks like a fun stroll through WS! I love doing that and checking out shops and drinks at different countries

You can sit, and still be moving... and it's cool. Win, win, win.
My point exactly!

You keep mentioning stuff like that and it hits me every time.
"Oh! Right! That was a thing!"... like it was 100 years ago. :sad2:

It does seem like it was so long ago.

A pair of perfectly posed and poised princesses.
I hope they bought the crowns.

They did not. :( Danielle has spent many years looking for that perfect crown. She did finally break down and spend her own money to get one, but I don't have a picture of it.

Pretty good Elsa. Looks quite a bit what you'd think a real Elsa would look like.

I agree. She looks much better than the one in the Frozen Sing a Long in DHS.

I don't think so? Maybe somewhere else once, but I don't remember now.

It's a common mistake.

Of course. You can spend a lot of money in Karamell Kuche

Oh yes. I did get some treat but I'm not sure if it was on this day or the next visit we had here. I do have a photo of my favorite caramel turtle.

Cute photos!

Thank you!

Well I'll be. I had no idea!

This was the second time we found the grapes growing. The first time was on a trip in June of 2009.l They were big, full and ripe. It was the smoking location back then. Those poor grapes.

Appropriate. :)

Very!

We usually always go left to Mexico, however, we go right on occasion. With Remy in France, we go right more now than we use too

I can understand that. I have gone right in the morning to catch some breakfast in France.

Looks like a fun stroll through WS! I love doing that and checking out shops and drinks at different countries

It was really nice. The best part of a girl's trip is more time for shopping. We can't shop and look as much when Dennis is with us.

It does seem like it was so long ago.
And I sure don't want it to come back.
They did not. :(
Fail!
Danielle has spent many years looking for that perfect crown. She did finally break down and spend her own money to get one, but I don't have a picture of it.
Glad she got one. Tell her to send you a pic!
This was the second time we found the grapes growing. The first time was on a trip in June of 2009.l They were big, full and ripe. It was the smoking location back then. Those poor grapes.
Why does my wine taste like cigarettes?

:sick:

Meant to say and then forgot, I love the photos of the girls posing in Italy. It is my favourite pavilion. So many happy times spent there wining and dining and watching everything from the entertainers to fireworks.
We were sitting there one evening last summer, having a glass of wine after a busy day that started at 5am with my son going to the business centre in the Yacht Club to do a job interview by zoom ( one of the only good things to come from the pandemic in my mind was the ability to attend interviews remotely), when he got the phone call that he got the job! His first permanent teachers job. Needless to say there was much celebrating! May have even done a wee happy dance I was so delighted and very proud :goodvibes

Eeek we will be at Wyndham Bonnet Creek the same week you are! We stayed there last trip (Sept 2022) and fell in love- it's not quite like being "in the bubble" but the price, proximity to the parks, and the extra space make it well worth it in my opinion. Plus plenty of bars/restaurants/pools/amenities! I hope you enjoy :) What's your plan for transportation since staying offsite this visit?

Meant to say and then forgot, I love the photos of the girls posing in Italy. It is my favourite pavilion. So many happy times spent there wining and dining and watching everything from the entertainers to fireworks.
We were sitting there one evening last summer, having a glass of wine after a busy day that started at 5am with my son going to the business centre in the Yacht Club to do a job interview by zoom ( one of the only good things to come from the pandemic in my mind was the ability to attend interviews remotely), when he got the phone call that he got the job! His first permanent teachers job. Needless to say there was much celebrating! May have even done a wee happy dance I was so delighted and very proud :goodvibes

Thank you! We enjoy the Italy pavilion too.

Disney is the best place to get good news, especially job news. It's the best place to celebrate. party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter