Girls Trip #1 (check in daily for any plans being finalized or changes/updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am off today and had oh-so-many things to do.

Let my dogs out and all THREE got skunked. Yep--all three. One is an Irish Wolfhound so he weighs 140lbs and is very furry. Great fun. My entire house smells worse than I could even imagine.

The skunk is currently dying in my back yard of what is likely Distemper, but animal control is coming to collect it as they have to test it for rabies. It was staggering around very neurologic spraying dogs/patio/trees. It's lovely.
Oh, and until they get rid of the skunk, the stinky dogs are closed up in the garage making it way stinky!!! Ugh, I have laundry in the washer out there!!

So today, I am deoderizing the world. I just came back from buying 2 gallons of hydrogen peroxide/Dawn/and baking soda at Walmart. I got LOTS of funny looks as I STINK!!!! Violently!!! I sent my poor kid to school and I am sure she smells too!!!!

Love it!! Thanx for listening!!! AMy:sick:

Oh my I totally sympathizes and empathize. Last winter two of our three dogs got sprayed and the whole house stunk. It was way too cold to leave them out there.

If you have any plastic bags even in draws they stink. I stunk and even after showering I bought a big bottle of fabreeze to just keep spraying myself at work yup used an entire extra large bottle. We washed our dogs with skunk off we got from the vet. The big one is lab/shep mix still stinks when she gets wet even today. The little one hates water So I had to get in the bath tub with long pants and shirt while her daddy bathed her.

We have had this happen twice and it is awful. Good news the stink in the house only lasted for 6 months. Each week getting better and better. One thing I found that helped was putting ground coffee all around the house it absorbed a lot of the oder.

We had to wash all our bedding and rugs since the shunk oil just lasts for ever and penetrates everything. plastic is the worse even you plastic containers need to be bleached and washed.

New collars, and doggie deorderizer power since our lab/shep has very very think hair and bathing only worked half way. Meaning if we stood three feet away she did not smell look out and pray for dry weather they stink even more than usual.

:hug: On positive note your spring cleaning well be done amazingly quick this year and more through than most would do:goodvibes

Also coke works to. The problem you deal with is the oil of the sunk. It is the oil that stays on their fur. So we used coke (no name brand) on our big girl to. And washed it off in the bath. The issue we be after all the de oiling there skin might get flakey so get some doggie mosturizer.

GL

Turn it into fun pop art:
63674me_and_chip_and_dale_small-1.jpg

Literally there are hundreds of options on there. It's fun to play around. :)

And I worried and stressed what pic to post so I did not look bad:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
NOw I am a pop art image cool:thumbsup2

And I worried and stressed what pic to post so I did not look bad:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
NOw I am a pop art image cool:thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Well, I don't know why you worried! I think that pic looks great! You came out really nice and the characters look cute. And you all match!

I wish my pics came out half as nice. :sad2:

I am off today and had oh-so-many things to do.

Let my dogs out and all THREE got skunked. Yep--all three. One is an Irish Wolfhound so he weighs 140lbs and is very furry. Great fun. My entire house smells worse than I could even imagine.

The skunk is currently dying in my back yard of what is likely Distemper, but animal control is coming to collect it as they have to test it for rabies. It was staggering around very neurologic spraying dogs/patio/trees. It's lovely.
Oh, and until they get rid of the skunk, the stinky dogs are closed up in the garage making it way stinky!!! Ugh, I have laundry in the washer out there!!

So today, I am deoderizing the world. I just came back from buying 2 gallons of hydrogen peroxide/Dawn/and baking soda at Walmart. I got LOTS of funny looks as I STINK!!!! Violently!!! I sent my poor kid to school and I am sure she smells too!!!!

Love it!! Thanx for listening!!! AMy:sick:

Is this like the doctor whose kids get sick? The vet gets her dogs skunked!
LOL--but I am very sorry because I know what a mess you must have and how it is going to screw up your day/week/month! Here's hoping you don't have any further "visitors" and here's some pixie dust to make the smell go away quicker . . . . . :wizard: :wizard:

Cheryl (who is very glad she has two INDOOR cats!)

Happy Belated Bday Cheryl! It sounds like you had a great time!

Amy...SO sorry to read about the skunking! That stinks....lol...sorry! I have a friend who's dogs got skunked. I'll ask her what helped for her too. You can never have enough good ideas!

I hope everybody is having a great week!

Tomatoes, that's all I can say for being skunk'd.

I don't know if it actually works since I hav never (thank God) been skunk'd. I saw it on Love Comes Softly:happytv:

I read all of your replies, and they made me laugh which made me feel lots bettr. Thank you!!!

The dogs are in the backyard seriously sulking as I won't let them in. They are bathed and I hope way less stinky. I have recommended but never had to use a combo of hydrogen peroxied and baking soda and Dawn dish washing soap. I think it haelped, but honestly cannot tell really as the inside of my nose smells like skunk, I swear!!!!

Animal control has come and gone with the skunk. It's going to the county lab to look for Distmeper (most likely) and Rabies since the thing was staggering around my yard...something was seriously wrong with it. So in a bit I am going to load the stinky and now wet dogs in my car to take them to work and boslter their Rabies vaccines. No one is due, but it is recommended if they actually touched the thing (who knows?) to booster within 48 hours.

Luckily we don't have any carpets, so I going to next dilute bleach the garage and office where the dogs went after the episode!

I planned to go to DisneyLand tomorrow as my duaghter is off..so this better not interfere!!!!

Thanks for the help!!!! Amy

Oh, and Cheryl, to add to my 3 dogs..I do have 4 strictly indoor cats!!!! So, never fear, I am an equal opportunity pet owner!!!!!

Oh, and Cheryl, to add to my 3 dogs..I do have 4 strictly indoor cats!!!! So, never fear, I am an equal opportunity pet owner!!!!!

I wouldn't expect anything less--LOL

I would dearly love to have a dog too, but just am not home enough (and they aren't quite as independent as cats!)

Poor pups, they stink and can't get any love just more and more baths!!

So I know I haven't been around this board very much but with family issues and now losing my real job and my seasonal job I am not sure where my trip stands :sad2: I still really want to go and can but I need to figure out if I am doing one day or finding someplace to sleep for two days. Since I have an AP I am at least covered on that.

I so need to win the lottery or at least a Dreams Mickey ears hat!!!

Poor pups, they stink and can't get any love just more and more baths!!

So I know I haven't been around this board very much but with family issues and now losing my real job and my seasonal job I am not sure where my trip stands :sad2: I still really want to go and can but I need to figure out if I am doing one day or finding someplace to sleep for two days. Since I have an AP I am at least covered on that.

I so need to win the lottery or at least a Dreams Mickey ears hat!!!

Oh man, what is the deal with everyone losing jobs?? I'm sorry to hear that. Well, I'm glad to hear you'll be able to make it even if you're not sure exactly how long.

And I think we all need to win the lotto!! :wizard:

Well I'm glad I'm not dealing with skunked dogs!!! That would be horrible.:eek:

I have a very different doggy problem. Our one year old dog, Sassy, is having her first big female heat cycle, and she's bleeding quite a bit. It took me half the day to come up with some kind of diaper for her. We bought extra large doggie diapers for her, but they were too small. So I took a pair of my husband's underwear, put Sassy's legs through the leg holes, put Sassy's tail through the convenient front "man" hole (except it's the convenient "tail" hole on her), safety-pinned the waist ban to make it tighter around her waist, and secured one of the doggie diapers inside of that. She looks kinda funny, but hey, it works. (Too much info for you all, huh?:goodvibes :laughing: )

Well I'm glad I'm not dealing with skunked dogs!!! That would be horrible.:eek:

I have a very different doggy problem. Our one year old dog, Sassy, is having her first big female heat cycle, and she's bleeding quite a bit. It took me half the day to come up with some kind of diaper for her. We bought extra large doggie diapers for her, but they were too small. So I took a pair of my husband's underwear, put Sassy's legs through the leg holes, put Sassy's tail through the convenient front "man" hole (except it's the convenient "tail" hole on her), safety-pinned the waist ban to make it tighter around her waist, and secured one of the doggie diapers inside of that. She looks kinda funny, but hey, it works. (Too much info for you all, huh?:goodvibes :laughing: )

Are you going to get her spayed?
I won't go all SPCA on you but it is good for both of you.

Ugh, once 6 months rolls around we're taking our dog, Osita, to get spayed. No messy things like that plz!

Are you going to get her spayed?

OMG.........HECK YES!

We should have done it sooner, but things just kept coming up and we kept putting it off, but no longer! It must be done. I can't imagine going through this twice a year. YUCK!:eek:

Don't worry though, she won't get preggers. She's an inside dog and only goes out to potty in our fully fenced back courtyard. NO BOY DOGS ALLOWED in there, nor can any bad boys get in.:thumbsup2

Course, this summer she's going to be a fishing and camping dog too (we have to bring her along for some family fun ya know), so the sooner we get her fixed, the better.

I love dogs, but always felt that with four kids, a dog would just be too much added work. I have to say these stories are making me see I was right! LOL :rotfl:

Maybe once the kids are grown and moved out, I'll get a puppy then. :goodvibes

Hugs to all those going through personal crisis. :grouphug:

I know that a few people have had to cancel their vacations that were signed up for the VIP tour. I need to get a count on the tour because I still have people asking to sign up.

Please send me a pm if you still interested in the VIP tour on Friday, April 25th from 2:00 - 6:00 pm.

Tink33 - Lesley
Dangermouse - Callie (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Dangermouse's friend - Ellen (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Tinkermell - Melody (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Lulubelle - Linda (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Funnygarcia - Bernice (reconfirmed 4/10/08)
MamaKate -Katie (reconfirmed 4/08/08)
Grumpyvet -Amy (reconfirmed 4/05/08)
21 Yankees - Stephanie (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Califgirl -Chris (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Staley7580 - Megan (reconfirmed 4/05/08)
Disney Super Mom - Capri (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Disney Super Mom's friend - Kathy (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Zoemakes5 - Michelle (reconfirmed 4/06/08)
Stacielee - Stacie (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Stacierita - Stacie (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Mary Jo - Mary Jo (reconfirmed 4/07/08)
Dagny - Dagny (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
wdwr - Shelley (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
LaurenF - Lauren (reconfimed 4/04/08)
Belle1997 - Ruth (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
4FosterKids - Jill (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Momof4gr8boys -
Toocherie - Cheryl (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Castleeto - Shelly (reconfirmed 4/05/08)
Disneeygrl4eva - Lynn (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Fairycat - Heather (reconfirmed 4/07/08)
Grizbuzz - Jennifer (reconfirmed 4/04/08)
Bounce_Tigger - Kelly (confirmed 4/05/08)
Disney-inspired - Cristabel (confirmed 4/06/08)

Great news - my Disneyland VIP tour contact is letting us add another guide at the previous tour price - we still have a couple spots left to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter