Girls trip “extras” suggestions for August trip!

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
2 moms leaving hubbies and kids at home & staying onsite for a 3 night stay in mid August...any fun suggestions?

We did a similar trip last year & completed the “4 park in one day” challenge—looking to do something fun this year too!

Keys to the Kingdom?
Wild Africa Trek?
Monorail Bar crawl?
Halloween party? (If they’ll have it this year!!)

TIA!

When my hubs and I went for my 40th birthday during F&W, we did a wine tasting seminar with a representative from a winery. I think that stuff like that has been on pause for the last couple years, but maybe will be back this year? That would be a fun girls' group activity.

-I’d love to do the holiday decorations tour—where you see them all in the warehouse.
-But I love Trader Sams more, so monorail bar crawl sounds great! (My GFs and I did Sams and then Cali Grill for drinks and fireworks one night and had a blast. The bar at GF hadn’t been rethemed at that point or we’d have done that too!)
-We’ve also done Mandara once, but found it quite pricey (duh—on Disney property) for the quality of services. Not that it was bad—it was just good, not great.
-I like the IDEA of just snacking and hitting all the shops in the parks…..but I just can’t resist the rides!

Whatever you do, make sure you get pics (we always end up with just like two crappy selfies LOL) and have fun with your girlies!!!

-I’d love to do the holiday decorations tour—where you see them all in the warehouse.
-But I love Trader Sams more, so monorail bar crawl sounds great! (My GFs and I did Sams and then Cali Grill for drinks and fireworks one night and had a blast. The bar at GF hadn’t been rethemed at that point or we’d have done that too!)
-We’ve also done Mandara once, but found it quite pricey (duh—on Disney property) for the quality of services. Not that it was bad—it was just good, not great.
-I like the IDEA of just snacking and hitting all the shops in the parks…..but I just can’t resist the rides!

Whatever you do, make sure you get pics (we always end up with just like two crappy selfies LOL) and have fun with your girlies!!!
What is the holiday decorations tour?!?!?

She said it was a warehouse tour of the decorations, I've read about this in the past but am not sure this is still available
Oh, if it has come back, that would be a great backstage tour! On one of our tours, many years ago, we were given a glimpse of that warehouse!

The monorail bar crawl can be a lot of fun. Some other bar crawl options:
  • Boardwalk area (especially a fan of Shula's, Belle Vue, Flying Fish).
  • Disney Springs Boat Crawl - Saratoga Springs/Old Key West/Port Orleans Riverside & French Quarter
  • Skyliner Crawl - Pop Century/Art of Animation/Caribbean Beach/Riviera
  • MK Boat Crawl - the monorail options plus Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness (I love Crockett's Tavern)
Jellyrolls
A splurge dinner: Victoria and Alberts (sounds like it will be open by then), Morimoto Omakase
Dessert party or Fireworks Cruise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter