Girls (or guys), are you attracted to guys with long hair?

:thumbsup2

jim-morrison3.jpg

Ok, but Jim Morrison had sex appeal. Put that same hair on Gilbert Gottfried and not so much. :rotfl2:

Like what most people have typed, it depends on the guy. I'm not a fan of shoulder lengh hair or the dreaded "mullet" on men.

I guess I was in my mid to late twenties when I grew my hair long (almost to the shoulder), but it was in style then (so were leisure suits). As I got older and my hairline receded a bit I went shorter and have kept it a very short buzz for about the past eight years. Sometimes I think about growing it a bit, but I'd have to buy a comb... :confused3

Love, love, love long hair on guys! My husband wears his long and I have always liked it that way. It's not as long as it once was, but still long enough to be totally sexy to me. I'm not a fan of really short hair. Also love some facial hair - not a beard, but the 'Van ****' - also sexy to me.

I think some guys look good with long hair just like some look good bald. As for what I'm personally attracted to I go for a clean cut look.

I love long hair on men. I always wanted to date a Viking. My son has shoulder length hair and I love it. I used to have a crush on Alexander Godunov and my husband twice bought tickets to take me to watch him dance. I am a very lucky woman to have a man that secure, no? Oh yes, I love a man in long hair.

I like short, military hair on a guy. I don't want my guy to fuss w/ his hair - it's girly to me.

I saw Ashton Kutscher (?) on a show, and he kept putting his hair behind his ears, and it just stuck out like sore thumb to me. Again, I thought it was very 'girly' of him. Not that he doesn't "look" good w/ it, in a still photo or something, but wearing it everyday is another story.

Only if it is VERY well cut and scrupulously clean.

One-length is fine *if* it is straight, but for God's sake, if it is thick and wavy, get it layered by someone who really knows what he or she is doing. (Witness the iconic photo of Morrison, above. That was NOT a cheap haircut -- notice how the curls look SO casually tousled, but manage to fall in a perfect halo nonetheless?)

One last thing: if it looks like you borrowed it from Robert Plant, give it up. That kind of long kinky-frizzed hair NEVER works on a man.

If it's thin and stringy, no way. If it's thick okay. I can deal with a pony tail but not a braid/braids.

The only time I am attracted to long hair is when my secret lover is wearing it.
bonjovi8.jpg

No, absolutely not, never ever. And I don't like facial hair either, they look like hairs from... down there... to me and that grosses me out. A 5 o'clock shadow (a really one) is really sexy to me, when it's not intended facial hair. I don't care if a guy has long hair, I say do whatever you want, but it's really unattractive to me. If I wanted to date a girl, I would, but I don't.

It's interesting how hair became associated with femininity somehow. Of course at one time both men and women routinely had long hair. I wonder why men decided to start cutting it short?

I absolutely LOVE long hair as long as it meets my criteria :snooty:

I love any length but just past the shoulders, thick but no overly, with a slight wave --no braids or ponytails please--clean and well kept makes me melt at the knees!

There is nothing more sexy than a man with gorgeous hair!! :cloud9:

No, absolutely not, never ever. And I don't like facial hair either, they look like hairs from... down there... to me and that grosses me out. A 5 o'clock shadow (a really one) is really sexy to me, when it's not intended facial hair. I don't care if a guy has long hair, I say do whatever you want, but it's really unattractive to me. If I wanted to date a girl, I would, but I don't.

I remember a close friend of mine who had her hair cut real short. Her DH (now ex) told her that if he wanted to marry a man he would have. :eek: It hurt her feelings so bad. I guess you can tell from what he said that he was a complete jerk to her. They are not together anymore.

I don't consider Bon Jovi's hair to be long, that's a sexy look on some men. I think anything longer than that is to long though. I really dislike hair on men that is shoulder length or below.

If so, how long, and in what style? If not, why not? How long is too long? At what point does a guy's hair have to get before it's considered long, in your opinion?

I'm a guy and am growing my hair long for the first time in years. I've been growing it from a relatively short length for about four months. The sides are below my earlobes, the back is to the bottom of the back of my neck, and the front, if combed straight down, would come to my cheekbones. I don't know yet how long I'm going to go with it, but I'm just curious about the opinions of those on this board.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Yes. Long straight and flowing, braided, ponytail. Mostly depends on the overall look. I don't care for the rock star look, mullets, etc. If you have long and look like I man I gonna look. I am also a sucker for beautiful eyes.

MMMMMMMM. I love good hair on a man. My DH used to have hair longer than mine. Now it's short and he's still super fine, IMHO. However, over a decade ago when we started dating, he looked JUST LIKE Lou Diamond Phillips in Young Guns. To the point that people would stop him in the mall and ask for his autograph. Soooooooo fine.

He's 6 years younger than I am, so the long hair, the bass guitar, and the amazing voice got him that first date. ;)

MMMMMMMM. I love good hair on a man. My DH used to have hair longer than mine. Now it's short and he's still super fine, IMHO. However, over a decade ago when we started dating, he looked JUST LIKE Lou Diamond Phillips in Young Guns. To the point that people would stop him in the mall and ask for his autograph. Soooooooo fine.

He's 6 years younger than I am, so the long hair, the bass guitar, and the amazing voice got him that first date. ;)

My least favorite style on a man is the pony tail with a bald top. Cut it all off!!! Hair down your back does not make up for no hair on your head.

I am so not a buzzed cut person either. Now bald is find but not that stubbly stuff.

I prefer a man with shorter hair, about mid-ear on the sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter