Girls Only Disneyland Trip - Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
January =-- I am a total pack rat too. When I moved from Utah the movers told me I had way too much stuff for a single woman!

Anyway, I made two batches of cookie dough this morning (sugar and a double batch of scotch shortbread). I also baked a thin double batch of brownies--intent (we'll see if it works) is to cut out heats from the brownies and decorate them. I'm starting the short ribs soon so they can simmer the rest of of the day.

It's raining here too--off and on--the sun comes out, then clouds, then a downpour, then sun again!

Everyone have a great day! My feet are already killing me! LOL

Cheryl

P.S.: Molly I hope you feel better too!

Mmm, I love cookie dough! I like it raw. I know that it sooo bad for me...I still eat it though.:confused3

Where in Utah did you live? We have family in Centerville, Provo, and North Salt Lake.

I hope you are having a wonderful day! Give your feet a good little rest.:goodvibes :flower3:

I just had the most yummy linner (lunch/dinner) evah! It is parent's night out at DD's preschool so DH and I went to Cheesecake Factory. It was still early enough to get the lunch specials, so DH got orange chicken and I got the BBQ chicken pizza with a side salad. OMG!! I never had their pizza and I am glad I decided to...it was so yummy! I still have more than half of it left, so I am excited to eat the rest later. We also got togo desserts---Strawberry Shortcake for me and the Black Out cake for DH. We are not the biggest cheesecake fans. Some of it did look good though.

What are you all up to tonight? We needed to stop home to put the food in the fridge...we are most likely going to the bookstore or the mall. Boring, but at least we are kiddo-free for the night!:thumbsup2

Have a good one ladies! Talk to you later.:wave2:

Wow - not so chatty today. Everyone else must have more of a life than I do!!! I spent the day working (like usual) and I finally found time to bling out my Tink t-shirt. Love it - nice and sparkly (like most of the good things in life princess:)

Now I have to figure out what to do for dinner...... Pizza????

I hope Wendy and Molly are feeling better (being sick sucks!)

Hey - for the Scavenger Hunt teams - do the teams with only three people get spotted something for having one less pair of eyes????
You mean something like a head start? Sorry charlie!! I believe your team along with with the other team of 3, are in the younger generation. So you already are spotted. :rotfl:

DD donated twice to Locks of Love. Its a great organization.
My oldest did that too. She felt so good about it! :goodvibes

You mean something like a head start? Sorry charlie!! I believe your team along with with the other team of 3, are in the younger generation. So you already are spotted. :rotfl:

Younger generation?? My son would have a chuckle at that, but it works for me :thumbsup2 OK - no headstarts, but how about some extra clues??? Slip us the list early??? You know you wanna!

Younger generation?? My son would have a chuckle at that, but it works for me :thumbsup2 OK - no headstarts, but how about some extra clues??? Slip us the list early??? You know you wanna!
Aren't you in the 30's crowd???

Now that is yooooooooouuuuuuuuung!! :cheer2:

One more thought.....................with one less person, you have one less to keep up.

How about that?

So see..............you are spotted!! :lmao:

Aren't you in the 30's crowd???

Now that is yooooooooouuuuuuuuung!! :cheer2:

30 something doesn't feel so young today... I am dragging! It has been really rainy all day here and I am yawning already. Hopefully Ty will go down early tonight, as I am not sure how long I'm gonna last! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No one hardly is around today. Everyone must have a life. Good for you guys. I spent the most of the day at school or doing homework. UGH! DD and I are trying to decide what movie to pop in tonight. I want the Princess Bride, she wants anything but what I want. We will see what happens.

Yes, we can ::yes::

I think she may be awesome, but I would not know for sure :sad: I'm not funny enough.....

Very true - and all the princess stuff we can handle princess: :thumbsup2

Hey - for the Scavenger Hunt teams - do the teams with only three people get spotted something for having one less pair of eyes????

Oh Theresa! I'm sorry, you got me, and I don't know squat and my friend Terri knows even less. Well, we will have to be the very best loosers then and hopefully get the ****y prize:)

Let's see...January, Molly, Michelle, and AmySue? (I'm not looking at the envelopes right now!) I have your Tinks all packaged and will get them to the postoffice on Monday, so you should have them by Wednesday I am guessing? Hope your shirts turn out great! I didn't include directions because someone had posted them once, but basically just find a hard surface, (table, floor etc.) Heat iron on high for 7 minutes (dry, no steam)
I like to put something between the two layers of shirt (paper or cardboard?)
Iron the shirt, place tink design down (some people like to use an ironing cloth)I iron right onto the back of the transfer paper, pressing down hard and going in all directions for 3 minutes. Set iron down, pick shirt up and lt some air on it until just cool enough to handle, peel the backing off.

I have done quite a few shirts and the designs on white tend to look pretty good even if they get goofed a bit. But hey, the idea of taking it to the dry cleaners is great.

Let me know how it works for you though:)

OKay, that is all I can manage tonight. Hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday night!

I think she may be awesome, but I would not know for sure :sad: I'm not funny enough.....

Seems like the tag fairy has been very busy on the DL boards lately, but I'm apparently not funny either.:clown:, although I tend to think I'm hilarious and so does my DH-that's why I married him!

But, I can't complain too much as the TF did add some color to me back in November... Thank you TF!

Good evening ladies! :wave2: Not much chatting going on today I see. Everyone must have had a busy Saturday. Tomorrow morning my dd and I are heading out early to UC Davis for her cheer competition. :cheer2: Nothing like a day of sitting in hard stadium seats.:eek:
On the 20th we are heading to Las Vegas for her national competitions. My poor dh is very jealous that I am going to LV without him, especially since I don't even gamble! :rotfl: And then two weeks later I am off tot DLR! :rotfl2:
If any of you Las Vegas ladies are bored that weekend (feb 20 - 22) feel free to come by - I will be stuck at the Orleans Hotel most of the weekend. :)
Yes, I kind of owe him a guys weekend away!

Hi girls--my company just left--the cookie baking was fun --but I was already tired before I started! I sent most of them home with her.

the short ribs were fab=--I can definitely recommend this recipe!

my feet are killing me and I'm really tired. Hope everyone had a good day.

Mmm, I love cookie dough! I like it raw. I know that it sooo bad for me...I still eat it though.:confused3

Where in Utah did you live? We have family in Centerville, Provo, and North Salt Lake.

I hope you are having a wonderful day! Give your feet a good little rest.:goodvibes :flower3:

Hi January: I lived in Sandy (just south of Salt Lake). I really enjoyed living there --I moved there for a job and have to admit there was a bit of adjustment learning to live in snow after living in SoCal all my life! But I really did like it and miss my house there. The Wasatch Mountains are just gorgeous.

Me too! Ruben thinks it's gross, but I say raw chocolate chip cookie dough is the best!

We are not the biggest cheesecake fans.
:sad2: I don't know what to say. I feel like I don't even know you anymore. :sad1:

Now I have to figure out what to do for dinner...... Pizza????
That's what we did! No surprise there though. lol

30 something doesn't feel so young today... I am dragging!
Me too. I have to say, I looked at myself in the mirror the other day and just shook my head wondering when I started looking soooo old. :rolleyes2

O Well, we will have to be the very best loosers then and hopefully get the ****y prize:)
Oh no you don't!!! Hands off my b00by prize. :p

Had a great time at Target tonight...
I always have a good time at Target. :thumbsup2

If any of you Las Vegas ladies are bored that weekend (feb 20 - 22) feel free to come by - I will be stuck at the Orleans Hotel most of the weekend. :)
Yes, I kind of owe him a guys weekend away!
I'd love to stop by the Orleans and say hi! I'll have to see what Ruben's schedule is like that weekend. He's supposed to have weekends off, but they've started slipping some Sundays in there.
There's a TGIF in the Orleans. Maybe we can meet for a bite to eat. :confused3

Hi girls--my company just left--the cookie baking was fun --but I was already tired before I started! I sent most of them home with her.
But, but, but......where are mine?? :confused3

Ugh, what a busy day! Nothing even very fun either. Laundry and lots, and lots of errands. Oh well. At least I got it done today since Ruben has to work tomorrow.

Hope you all had a good day. Night! :wave2:

Oh, and has anyone given any thought to their team names yet??? :hyper: Let me know and I'll add the team names to the front page. :cheer2:

I'd love to stop by the Orleans and say hi! I'll have to see what Ruben's schedule is like that weekend. He's supposed to have weekends off, but they've started slipping some Sundays in there.
There's a TGIF in the Orleans. Maybe we can meet for a bite to eat. :confused3

I haven't been to the Orleans in a while (like 8 or 9 months) but I heard that they recently put a Fuddrucker's in as well. Let me know what you are thinking in terms of a meet up and I may be able to make it for a short visit. But, due to the fact that I am gone for 4 days next week, I might have to bring Ty along if you and Becci don't mind.

Not better yet. Not at all, not one little bit.

Oooh, that's not good. You need to drink lots of hot tea with honey and lemon (that's what I always give my guys when they are sick). Don't know if it "helps", but it sure tastes good and it feels nice to have someone looking after you!

Tracey - that's why I was trying to get spotted something (Tinkermell was just having none of it though - meanie pirate: ). I feel bad for you and your friend for getting me :rolleyes2 What the heck do I know??? I say we should try and bribe Wendy - you bring the Red Vines and I'll bring the Red Bull.......... :hyper: Looks like we might have to take on Beth for the b00by prize. I'm okay with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter