Girls Only Cocktail Sipping, Double Dipping Trip Report - COMPLETED...

Just catching up :) Great trippie.
Thanks Kaylee... :goodvibes

Loving your trippie Karen :lovestruc I will definately partake in a glass or two in Italy. My best friend is coming out to WDW a week after us and we are having an evening in World Showcase ( it was probably your last trippie that gave me the idea)

Cant wait to hear all about the cruise ::yes::

Good girl! :thumbsup2 Glad I could help... :rolleyes1

What a great idea to do 3 parks in one day, sounds like you got tons done :)

Would you believe Sophie and I did the original (and some might say the best) Four Parks in One Day back in 2005!!! :scared1:

Just catching up. Love the sunset photo. Sorry SM put a dampener on your night. Your TPIOD adventure sounded great, must try for the FPIOD next time I go. Can't wait to hear about the cruise.

Thanks, Laur's! :hug: Sorry to hear about your eczema - it's no fun is it!? Out of interest, have you found it any worse during pregnancy?

It definitely didn't affect the rest of my trip too much - I may have the occasional down day but I never let my skin hamper my holidaying! :rotfl2:

Thanks, Karen :hug: I was concerned about it being bad as I am not allowed to take any antihistamines (which I used to take every day) but I have been pretty lucky so far. In fact I was even a bit spotty at first which was a novelty for me :rotfl2: Glad to hear that your skin didn't spoil your enjoyment.

Laur's x

Sunday May 11th - Part 1:
The day began, like so many others before it, with hot coffee and a scramble for the shower. Once we were rinsed and robed, It didn't take long to finish off our packing or secure the big purple Owners Locker which was duly despatched into the care of Bell Services to await collection. I ensured we had all the appropriate DCL paperwork to hand before sending Richard off to bring the car round. Sophie and I had one last lingering look around the wonderful one bedroom villa before following DH down with a our wheelie cases...

And so we waved a wistful 'au revoir' to Wilderness Lodge - we'll definitely back! Well, as soon as we accumulate enough points, we will... :rotfl:

IMG_0902.jpg

But right now Port Canaveral was calling and we made a beeline for the Beachline Expressway... The journey was uneventful - smooth and swift, taking just about an hour. We soon saw the Wonder on the horizon and before long we were dropping off our appropriately tagged luggage and parking the car. There was a short queue to get through security but it didn't take too long and were soon approaching the small red-carpeted check-in for Concierge guests...

A Cast Member immediately called us over and within minutes our paperwork was complete and we were being ushered through a roped off section which allowed us to by-pass the queue and enter the Mouse Ears immediately. We had the customary picture taken (not sure why I look so bonkers!)...

sc000fc973.jpg

...before finally boarding the Wonder and being announced! "The Taylor Family" had most definitely arrived!!! We were surprised to discover that our suite was all ready and waiting for us - even though it had only just gone midday! So without further ado we made our way to Deck 8 and stateroom 8350...

This was my third DCL cruise - first time Sophie and I stayed in a Category 9 on the 2nd floor whereas last September Richard and I enjoyed a Category 3. I guess I expected this suite to be a variation on the Category 3 - bigger and more imposing perhaps, but a Category 3 at heart. Actually it wasn't. At all...

To be continued... ;)

Arrrggghhh, Karen, how can you leave it there?! I am desperate to hear all about the suite!!!!!!

Laur's princess:

I know, I know! I'm just waiting for Photobucket to upload a few more photos!!! Patience, my dear... ;)

Dontcha think it's very brave of me to post such a horrid photo!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Not long now, Mandy! Tho' PBucket is being incredibly s-l-o-w... :faint:

What's wrong with the photo ? It's not a bad one :thumbsup2

C'mon photobucket, don't you know that I'm here with a cup of tea, waiting for the next installment !! ;)

Sunday May 11th - Part 2 (the one with the photos...):
We swiped one of our gold KTTW cards and opened the door. First impressions were of a dark highly polished wood-panelled corridor leading to a lounge area...

IMGP0034.jpg

IMGP0039.jpg

A framed photo of Roy O Disney hung on the left wall above a ornate marble console table...

IMGP0038.jpg

A door to the cloakroom was on the right...

IMGP0036.jpg

Further down were doors to the master bedroom closet on the left and the butler's pantry on the right. The lounge are was bright, spacious and attractively furnished...

IMGP0047.jpg

It was split into three sections - the dining area...

IMGP0052.jpg

...seating area with gorgeous inlaid marquetry...

IMGP0045.jpg

...and the main TV/DVD watching, board game playing, Navigator perusing area...

IMGP0051.jpg

IMGP0050.jpg

IMGP0046.jpg

...and wet bar...

IMGP0048.jpg

The Master Bedroom (adjacent to the seating area) was plush and luxurious...

IMGP0040.jpg

IMGP0043.jpg

...the en-suite bathroom boasted double sinks, a whirlpool bath, separate shower - even a retro Sony portable TV!

IMGP0062.jpg

IMGP0061.jpg

IMGP0060.jpg

Meanwhile, the twin bedroom (adjacent to the dining area) was cosy and had it's own walk-in wardrobe and en-suite...

IMGP0054.jpg

IMGP0055.jpg

IMGP0053.jpg

The balcony was big - great for relaxing on...

IMGP0070.jpg

...and we could even see our car!

IMGP0071.jpg

Overall, the attention to detail was amazing and the high quality interior was a delight to this Art Deco fan - just look at this exquisite cornice... :love:

IMGP0057.jpg

What can I say Karen ? "WOW !!" it looks amazing

I'd probably feel embarrassed to bring my old, battered, well travelled suitcases into that fab suite, so I'd probably feel a bit out of my depth with the poshness of it

Though if I won a Cruise staying in there - I wouldn't say no ::yes::

Great photos and a great room too :thumbsup2

OMG!! That looks so amazing - I am ashamed to say that I was sat here in the office with my mouth open at that bar, and the whirlpool bath! Thanks for sharing your piccies so quickly, looking forward to reading more.

Laur's princess:

Sunday May 11th - Part 3:
Once we'd explored the suite, we decided to head upstairs to the Beach Blanket buffet for a quick bite and a cocktail of the day (Bahama Mamas for three please!) before meeting up with the Concierge team in Diversions... Jerome and Tawanda were charming guys and quickly reserved a wine tasting slot for us in addition to confirming all our other reservations. This is where we probably don't make as much use of concierge as maybe we could - we're independent, can-do, sort-it kinda people who've pre-booked everything online weeks in advance so there's never much we absolutely need to make our vacation pass smoothly by. Except for one thing. One small thing. One tiny, easy to obtain and deliver to a room with minimal fuss and effort thing. I'm talking about ice. You know, frozen water?! ;) In the concierge meeting, we were asked if there was anything we needed. Mindful of the bottle of Moet nestling in my hand luggage, I asked Jerome if we could get an ice-filled ice-bucket (with ice in it) delivered to the room asap. "Of course," he said. "Right away," he said. "Great!" I said and we stood up, shook hands and dashed from Diversions to the Promenade Lounge in order to meet up with whatever DISers popped by. We thought no more about the ice - tho' we were a little puzzled to notice the absence of a bucket of the stuff when we went to grab our life jackets for the drill. Richard rang the concierge desk and left a message. "Ice would be nice!" he said... Drill over, we returned to the room, just about ready to crack open that bottle of fizz. No ice. :faint: (I love that smilie!) Fortunately, I'd had the brains to wedge the bottle into one of the mini fridges earlier and it was adequately chilled. We tried one more time to obtain an elusive bucket but got bored with the hassle - maybe if we'd had more than one bottle of champagne, but we didn't so we let it go... :headache:

But back to the good stuff. Remember when I said we'd popped into the Promenade Lounge to meet any unsuspecting DISers? Good! Glad to see your paying attention... ;) Richard, Sophie and myself plonked ourselves down in what we considered to be a prominent seat and ordered Kir Royales all round! It was a little before 3pm and we couldn't see anyone else - quite frankly the place was deserted! So we settled in with our drinks and starting chatting amongst ourselves - never let it be said that the Taylors don't know how to talk! Time ticked by and it became obvious no one was coming - TBH I hadn't really expected much of a turnout but I'm always happy to be in the Promenade Lounge so I just sat back, enjoyed my fizz and my family... Suddenly, a lady approached us. "Are you CustardTart?" she asked cautiously. I agreed I was and so it turned out that a group of DISers were sitting in the corner - I couldn't see them due to the cursed combination of a high-backed banquette and a short-necked Kaz! Seems they weren't sure it was me because of the presence of a third party male on what was supposed to be a girls only gathering!!! :rotfl:

For some reason, I chose that moment to accidentally smash my half-full glass of Kir, creating an embarrassing stir in the Lounge! And Sophie wonders where her clumsy genes come from..?! So we left our sticky, littered-with-glass-shards table and joined the slightly larger group! Melissa from Seattle was the lady who had approached us and also in situ were Jojo and her husband and son, fellow Brits from Newcastle! So we sat and chatted for a while. Melissa and her family were enjoying the cruise courtesy of the Make-a-Wish foundation - here's a link to her trip report...

All too soon it was time to pick up our life jackets and head to the deck for the drill. We accomplished this with minimal bother and maximum efficiency - apart from the fact that I unintentionally gave Sophie a child's life-jacket! Honestly, the fuss she made! What can I say, there were about a million piled up in the pantry area of the suite and I just grabbed the nearest... Anyway, she looked hilarious and once I realised the mistake, I couldn't stop laughing! Actually, I'm laughing now - it's always the little things... :rotfl2: We were speedily released by the crew and ran back to Roy, eager for chilled champagne and petits fours! I don't mind telling the world that I love chocolate covered strawberries and there were quite a few on the little tiered plate that afternoon... So we clinked glasses, ate a choccie strawberry or two and perused the Navigators some more until Sail Away...

IMGP0066.jpg

IMGP0078.jpg

...which was fab! We saw plenty of pelicans and dolphins as we majestically sailed to the Atlantic Ocean. Sadly, we could also see a wild fire burning in the distance...

IMGP0069.jpg

But life's too short to stand and stare - so we decided to go and - er - wander the Wonder! Actually it wasn't so much a wander as a full blown shopping expedition. We mooched around Mickey's Mates and toured Treasure Ketch buying baubles, pins and t-shirts! Upon returning to our suite we decided to unpack and get ready for the evening's main event - Palo's! In our absence a little gift had arrived for me! No, not ice ;) but a gorgeous floral display from Sophie saying Happy Mother's Day! Awww! Bless her... :hug:

IMGP0063.jpg

Finally, all dressed up, we made our way to Deck 10 Aft for an evening of Palo pleasure! We had a fantastic time - our server, Luigi, was a sweet Italian guy from Sardinia with a very dry sense of humour which we loved. We started the meal with aperitifs - what else, Kir Royales of course! And spent considerable time perusing the menu. Richard meanwhile was studying the wine package literature and spotted another tipple from what appeared to be the same vineyard as the redoubtable Rosa Regale! We unanimously agreed to give it a try and placed our order with Luigi. He returned with, yes, you've guessed it - a bottle of Rosa Regale!!! :woohoo: We were ridiculously over-excited by the reappearance in our lives of this awesome alcoholic beverage but we had more pressing menu matters to attend to - and this is what we chose...

Sophie's Choices: Antipasto Freddo; Melanzane al Funghetto; Grilled Sea Scallops with Borlotti Beans & Pancetta; Chocolate Souffle with Vanilla Bean & Chocolate Sauce...

Kaz's Choices: Antipasto Freddo; Sicilian Pesto Marinated Grilled Shrimp Salad; Garlic Roasted Rack of Lamb; Chocolate Souffle with Vanilla Bean & Chocolate Sauce...

Dick's Choices:
Antipasto Freddo; Tuna Carpaccio & Lemon Oil Dressing; Beef Tenderloin "Palo"; Sweet Pizza with Vanilla Olive Oil Sauce...

What can I say?!! Fabulous food, fabulous wine, fabulous company!!! Finally, able to eat no more, we sat back in the banquette with our bellies bulging - sipping a delicious digestif and contemplating a walk around the deck before heading back to the suite.

Eventually we returned to Roy and discovered we'd been turned down and a pretty display had been left by Budi, our steward.

IMGP0084.jpg

IMGP0085.jpg

Thank you and goodnight... Cocktail count: 12!!!

I like the cruise photo!

Wow thats a pretty impressive suite although a bit too much wood for my taste, I wouldn't say no to staying in it though.

What a great day Karen. The flowers that Sophie got you are beautiful.

Reading all that wonderful food from Palo, makes me so excited for our August Cruise - I can't wait ::yes::

Glad to see that you had at least one Bahama Mama today :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing another great day Karen

Wow Karen, just been catching up. The suite looks fantastic!! Plus, the more I hear about your beloved Rosa Regale, I just know I will be trying it on my next trip :yay: Love love loving your reports by the way, you do make me smile when I'm reading them :goodvibes

Wow Karen what an impressive suite - absolutely beautiful.

Lovely photos.

Tam

OMG that suite is amazing and so huge!!!!

How sweet of your DD to arrange flowers to be delivered and how weird that they didn't get you any ice :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter