Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! My first pre-trip report. Aug '10.

squee!! disney!!

Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas
Not sure how one of these works but I thought I would give it a try! It's a rainy, laundry day so i need SOMETHING to keep me busy.

The Basics

Who: Me: Joana (pronounced Jo-na) 27. & Mattie, my 14 year old niece.

Old picture of us at waiting for the Luau at the Polynesian.

n48600938_33313068_1130.jpg

now, somewhere along the line, i've lost track of how many times i've been to disney world. I am thinking that this will be my 10th trip and mattie thinks this will be her 11th. Although, i don't recall her ever going without me. And i know that i've been there twice without her.. So it doesn't make sense. Oh well, she and i will debate that another time. ;)

Trip Details:
-August 7th-12th

-Wilderness Lodge Concierge (I'm hoping for a courtyard view. Last time we had woods and while it was nice, we want more to look at!)

-Dining Plan (the one with table and quick service) More on that LATER!

-Why? I recently went through a horrible divorce and I made the decision that something GOOD should come out of it, so i'm taking some of the money from my divorce settlement and taking my favorite niecey to the happiest place on earth. AND because i'm going to create a portfolio of Disney photos so that I can get a job there some day. :D

We were originally slated to go during our normal disney vacation time, which is usually right before Halloween. But my amazingly intelligent niece got accepted into one of the top high schools in chicago and my sister thought it wouldn't be a great idea for her to take time off during the beginning of her freshman year.

So, after getting the pin for free dining until 8/14, we decided that we could handle the heat/rain of an august vacation and started to plan. Well, I started to plan because Mattie lives 3 hours away from me and it was just easiest to email her the options. So after creating several different trip plans that included free dining, different dining plans, summer rates, concierge vs standard room, different hotels...we finally decided on a plan and I booked it.

THEN: My sister informed me that mattie would have freshman orientations and things she'd have to attend during the summer for her new school. But she didn't know the dates because the parent meeting wasn't schedule for another couple of weeks. We have a history of having to cancel/reschedule trips based on Mattie's school schedule. She (until a year ago) was the only grandkid in the family so everything was based around her. Twice we were scheduled to go on vacation for my birthday and had to change it. In our family vacations, its anything that CAN happen, WILL happen. A couple days ago, my sister called to let me know that, one orientation is right before we leave and the other is after we come back. So now we have a date and its booked and I could move on to our ADR's. Which i will share in another post!

So, that's the beginning of our trip planning. I can't wait to share with you guys! Especially when it comes time to actually take our trip and i can share photos and stories.

Thanks for reading!!

<3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter