Gifts for staff...

lamanchakiss

Earning My Ears
I am taking a cruise to Nassau and CC in 9 days. I heard of people giving gifts to staff members as well as pre paid tips. I heard calling cards... Which country should I get calling card to?

I believe on the staff name tags it will state their country of origin. Usually getting a calling card with good rates to the home countries of your favoured staff members is the thing to do.

I, personally, do not leave gifts.
If CM goes the extra mile, I leave more cash. That way CM can buy what they want/need, instead of me trying to guess what they would like.

Cash is king. If the CM is sending money home there's no substitute. It'd be hard to guess ahead of time what country to get a calling card to. They live in cramped quarters and don't need stuff.

Kind comments about them on your "comment card" (cruise evaluation) helps CM's get raises/promotions.

We left positive comments on the comment card, and extra cash. I couldn't see spending the cash on "gifts" and carrying them with me, when I had no idea what each individual would want. It's akin to my MIL choosing Christmas gifts for me every year. They're nice. I appreciate the thought behind them. Yet, they're rarely anything I actually want or will use. :rotfl:

ETA: I did, however, put a bunch of candy in the ziploc bag along with the autograph book we dropped off at Guest Services to be signed. I put in assorted movie theater sized boxes of candy and a couple of packages of gum, the ones that have 6 or 8 individual packs inside.

I'm a disBoard newbie. We're cruising for the first time with DCL in March. I've seen other posts about leaving candy with the stuff that you drop at gs to be autographed. Is that the customary thing everyone does?

I'm a disBoard newbie. We're cruising for the first time with DCL in March. I've seen other posts about leaving candy with the stuff that you drop at gs to be autographed. Is that the customary thing everyone does?

I believe that some people do put candy in the bag holding the item to be autographed, but I'm not sure "everyone" does.

I believe that some people do put candy in the bag holding the item to be autographed, but I'm not sure "everyone" does.

There were a few other guests dropping off what looked like pillowcases at the same time we dropped off our book. There wasn't any candy in their bags that I noticed. It's definitely not necessary. I was hoping to get lots of "good" autographs by persuading them with treats lol. ;)

When we do the photo or pillow cases we do bring candy. I bought a huge bag of gummies for them that had little mini packs of them inside

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter