"Gifting" a DAH ticket

WEDway2002

Fan of the ride ... but mostly ... fan of Walt!
Hello All!

I have a question for those who have taken advantage of DAH ... especially those who purchased tickets at a discounted rate. We are both DVC members and AP holders. We are coming down and would like to purchase tickets, but my DW and I don't necessarily want to attend.
Can we purchase tickets and then let our DS or DD use them? I know it may seem silly, but it would be nice to save $60.
And if somebody could tell me the "check-in" process? If you're already in the park do you return to the front and get scanned or something? Do you need your AP or DVC card for some sort of proof if your tickets are already purchased?
Not trying to "pull a fast one" ... just trying to share a discounted ticket with our kids.

Thanks!

when I went I was told I could get 2 tickets at the discount ( AP ) price you could call or just reassign the tickets to your kids. I had to go back to the front to pick up my lanyard for the event

Passholder here. I bought my ticket and a ticket for a non-AP friend the day prior to the event and it said my order would be at will call. I did not go to the ticket window since I saw the entitlement in MDE listed under both our names. There is a roped off tapstile that you can enter at 7pm that says "After Hours." Once the tapstile turns green, you are given a neck lanyard that is required to stay in the park. If they are already in the park, they will have to exit and scan back in. There were no stations setup like a MNSSHP or MVMCP. Probably because there are so few guests!

I was never once asked to show my AP. I assume if I went to the ticket window to pickup cards I would have had to show it.

I did this. I picked up the actual cards at Will Call. Then used the actual cards to check in for DAH. I actually gifted one to somebody because my DH couldn't come on the trip. I bought the DAH with AP rate, but never assigned them to individuals in MDE.

Hello All!

I have a question for those who have taken advantage of DAH ... especially those who purchased tickets at a discounted rate. We are both DVC members and AP holders. We are coming down and would like to purchase tickets, but my DW and I don't necessarily want to attend.
Can we purchase tickets and then let our DS or DD use them? I know it may seem silly, but it would be nice to save $60.
And if somebody could tell me the "check-in" process? If you're already in the park do you return to the front and get scanned or something? Do you need your AP or DVC card for some sort of proof if your tickets are already purchased?
Not trying to "pull a fast one" ... just trying to share a discounted ticket with our kids.

Thanks!
Are they on your MDE account friends list?
When you purchase, you assign them to whoever you want, on MDE. So if they happen to be on your MDE account, friends and family list, then you can do it right there and they'll be right on their MB and ready to go.
If not, then the PP idea of using a hard ticket would be the next easiest option.

Thank you all so much for your replies! They really helped and I’m most grateful!:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter