Gift idea for 19yo girl who loves Art?

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
Hi looking for gift idea for a girl that is very creative and loves art. She draws, watercolors, crochets etc. I got a paint by number Picasso style kit that looked intricate and age appropriate. Any other idea to go along with it? THANKS!

In my area there are several places to go and participate in many classes. Drawing, painting, ceramics...you name it. It's very popular here and fills up quickly. Do you have something like that near you?

I like DickBlick for art supplies - you could get her a gift card for her to choose what she'd like. And there are those online classes like with Craftsy, CreativeBug, where she can take classes of her choosing - you could buy her a membership for her to try it out.

I got my art-loving daughter a couple of the boxes at Artsnacks for Christmas. They have a 30% off code right now, too.

By this age, they tend to be getting pretty specific about the mediums they like to work in. Does she have a particular medium she prefers for her drawing - pencil, charcoal, ink, marker, pastels? Painting-wise, does she use only watercolors, or does she use other paints as well? What she likes to use really influences the supplies you would want to buy. Things like the texture of paper you want for charcoal can be very different than what you want for marker, etc.

(Coming from first hand experience of having DD21 who is very artistic - but I'm not so I had to learn all of this the hard way LOL)

By this age, they tend to be getting pretty specific about the mediums they like to work in. Does she have a particular medium she prefers for her drawing - pencil, charcoal, ink, marker, pastels? Painting-wise, does she use only watercolors, or does she use other paints as well? What she likes to use really influences the supplies you would want to buy. Things like the texture of paper you want for charcoal can be very different than what you want for marker, etc.

(Coming from first hand experience of having DD21 who is very artistic - but I'm not so I had to learn all of this the hard way LOL)
I agree. DD 18 doesn't like watercolors, only acrylic paint. And she likes to crochet but is very particular about types of yarn. I am sure I wouldn't get it right unless I asked very specific questions.

Last edited:
My DD has some watercolor brush pens (Artezza Real brush pens on amazon) that let her watercolor anywhere wish just the watercolor pens- no water, brushes etc.

As a creative gal myself, I love when people gift me "upgraded" art supplies.
Yes, my artsy daughter would rather have something small-and-nice rather than kiddie art supplies.
In my area there are several places to go and participate in many classes. Drawing, painting, ceramics...you name it. It's very popular here and fills up quickly. Do you have something like that near you?
I was going to suggest classes. Maybe at your local community college?

Things my artsy daughter loves:
- Paint-by-numbers kits ... but she's not into coloring books
- Copic markers
- She was insanely happy with the (blank) wooden Russian nesting doll set we got her
- She was briefly interested in wood burning (after she found a wood burner I had as a child)
- Yarn bowl ... meaning a bowl that holds your yarn while you work
- Cross stitch Christmas ornament kit
- Materials to make soap

Last edited:
You can get her an easel to make it easier to paint. My DD loves to paint a canvas on an easel. It's harder to paint on a flat surface.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter