Gift for christening?

We usually give money, but my favorite gift from our youngest daughter's christening was a beautiful decorative picture frame. I know that picture frames tend to be something people give when they don't know what to buy as a gift, but I don't remember what other gifts/money were given or by whom that day, but I know exactly who gave us this gift (and ironically, the woman wasn't even invited to the event and attended a different church. She was simply a friend who wanted to give a gift for the special occasion.). It isn't a christening themed frame, but I put a picture of our daughter in it from her christening day and have it in our bedroom where I have looked at it and got that "I love that frame!" feeling every day for the last 19 years.

If you have a Hallmark around they have a lot of Christening gifts . My kids got crosses for their room from the cherished collection. Frames are nice too I have them too.

Or like others said money.

Cash or a gift card is never a bad idea. The parents can spend it on something for the baby.

I like the painted piggy banks that you can get on Etsy. A friend of mine would give these as a baby shower present but I think they're cute to give for baptism.

Cash or a gift card is never a bad idea. The parents can spend it on something for the baby.
The majority of parents I know usually put it in a college savings account (back when my oldest made sacraments savings bonds were given).

If you want to gift something to the baby then a toy.

If you want to help the parents out then I'd say a gift card is always a useful gift as it can buy essentials for the baby.

My kids got a lot of bonds that I kept until, well now I guess. Not sure if there are any other ways to gift a baby for money they will get as an adult but it works I guess because I still have them... need to give these to my kids:idea:

I attended a baptism last month and saw a gift that will be my go-to gift going forward. It was from Personalization Mall but there are a few other places that have similar. It is a brass compass in a nice case. Engraved on the inside lid of the case is "May your faith always guide you " and it was personalized with baby's name and date of baptism. It was the gift everyone loved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter