Gift exchange for Eastbound Repo cruise

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
OK folks, here it is. Time for some fun! This exchange is for the East bound Panama Canal cruisers. We are going to exchange cabin to cabin. You may participate in more than one exchange if you want. Just let me know who in your group is participating and I'll try to match you up with a similar cabin. For example if you are a single cruiser I'll try to match you up with another single cruiser or adults only. If you want to exchange as a family I'll try to match you up with the same.

Fine print: The MINIMUM is $30 (max around $50). The items should relate to the cruise. It could be things you'd use on the cruise like sunscreen or beach items. It could be picture frames that would fit the goofy Disney 5 X 8 pix or whatever you dream up. Have fun!!! Send me a PM with the following information:

Names/ages of your exchangers
How many exchanges you want to do (limit of 2 per cabin please)
Full mailing address
e-mail address

Please let me know of your intent to participate by January 17th. I'll send names (by PM) out shortly after that. Mail by date will be February 10th.

If you've never done one of these exchanges before and need more information just post your question here. I'm sure I forgot some pertinent info too!

I am sending you a PM with info. Thanks for putting this together. I hope you get a good response.

Darlene

By the way, adults you don't have to give me your ages. Just the kids so if people want to pick up something for one of your children they'll know how old they are.

Hi Kathy,

I'm interested, but clueless as to what is considered a "good" exchange item. Suggestions greatly appreciated!

My other question - has anyone ever had a problem with receiving gifts from Canadians? I know we need to mark the package as "gift" when shipping from here, but has anyone had a problem or needed to pay duty when it's received?

I'll PM you with our family info. Thanks so much for organizing this!

Arlene

Hi Kathy,

I would love to participate in this, but I wish the mailing date was a little further out, as the holiday bills will be coming in the month of january.

Arlene, what you send it completely up to you. I am sure whatever you think would be nice to have on the cruise would be something someone would love to receive. You might send a journal, photo book, or photo frame to be used post-cruise. You might send an over the door shoe hanger, disposable camera, sunscreen, hair conditioner, hat etc to be used on the ship. A good place for ideas might be a list of items someone put together as a packing list. If you post on this board someone can point you to the list. I just can't remember where it is. For kids you might consider inexpensive easily packable games for them to play on their plane ride or on the ship. The ideas are really limitless. Normally in these exchanges people put several items, not one big one.

mississaugamom said:
Hi Kathy,

I'm interested, but clueless as to what is considered a "good" exchange item. Suggestions greatly appreciated!

My other question - has anyone ever had a problem with receiving gifts from Canadians? I know we need to mark the package as "gift" when shipping from here, but has anyone had a problem or needed to pay duty when it's received?

I'll PM you with our family info. Thanks so much for organizing this!

Arlene

We can't send food across the border! Unless of course it is homemade??????

Count us in also!

PM on it's way!

Scratch
pirate:

Do you guys think the minimum price is too high?

kpgclark said:

Personally, no. What can one get for $30.00 these days!

The mail out date could be moved forward a little bit......

m2cw

Scratch
pirate:

Note that I moved the send by date back a week. It is now Feb. 10th. That should give everyone a little more time.

kpgclark said:

Don't have a problem with that, but should there also be a "Maximium" to keep all the exchanges within a range? Say, $50?

I'll pm my info you today or tomorrow.

If anybody wants to suggest additional ideas for gifts .... it will help

8 months to go !!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

ooooh this sounds like fun!!! Sign me up & call me a sargent :teeth: I'll send you a PM shortly. :)

This is a great idea! Have fun with your gift exchanges everyone!

Count me in as well. This sounds like fun.....I'll pm you my info shortly.

I'm ready!!! Found a gift I'd love to have (well, actually bought one for me too!) so I'm ready for the exchange!

Arlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter