• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift cards

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
do you think that Disney would have any problem with a visa or master card gift card instead of the regular Disney gift card. I sometimes have problems with merchants if I have a previously used visa / master card gift card and try to buy something for more than what is on the card. The reason I am asking I was thinking about getting gift cards for my grandkids to use for their souvenirs but if I get Disney gift cards and they don’t use all of it they are stuck with the card - if I get a visa / master card then they could use it when they get back home

I know you can’t use them to pay down the trip, but I don’t see why you would not be able to use them at Disney World. Most of the time the cashier would not even know that they weren’t a normal credit card.I understand what you’re saying though I came home with $200 on a Disney gift card left that somehow we did not manage to spend. I used it for holiday gifts for the kids after we got home.

I definitely have used one of the prepaid VISA gift cards before at Disneyland with no problems and I have one I plan on bringing with me on our upcoming trip, too.

I think you have to link a CC but you can go to the front desk before they charge the card and pay it off with a GC. I think they charge the card after you spend $1000.

Can Disney gift cards be linked to a magic band?

No. Nothing is ever linked to the magic bands.

You can only use a magic band to pay if you're staying on site. This is because when you pay with the MB, you're charging your hotel room.

You can then go down to the lobby of your hotel and pay off whatever balance you have with a gift card.

Im assuming this is how it works with multiple people in one room? Say my fmaily is gonna use my magic band info but my mother cant put her info on hers?

Im assuming this is how it works with multiple people in one room? Say my fmaily is gonna use my magic band info but my mother cant put her info on hers?
As it’s set up, all charges are room charges for that specific MDX account.

At your onsite hotel, you can ask the front desk CM to set your Mother’s charges so that they are charged to her credit card. The CM will put her credit card info into the hotel’s system.

Be sure to check with the Front Desk at the end of your first day to make sure charges are being assigned to your Mother’s Profile info and to her credit card on file.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter