• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift Cards

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
We have reservations at Garden Grill, the Crystal Palace and for the Fantasmic dinner package at Hollywood and Vine...can I use gift cards at these restaurants? Do all Disney restaurants take them?

I was just going to ask the same question. I normally use my Visa Credit Card but thinking of getting gift cards for my trip in 2 weeks. Was going to get them at Sam's Club

The restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin and SOG do not accept Disney gift cards.
Correct. Dining plans are not accepted there either.
But technically, Disney does not own the Swan & Dolphin buildings, nor the Shades of Green.

Last edited:
If you are staying on site the easiest thing to do using gift cards is charge the meal to your room then use the gift cards to pay your balance off a day or two before your trip ends at the checkout area.

This way you are not having to worry about carrying cards in the park.

If you are not staying on site then yes as others have stated they will take them at the Disney owned restaurants as well.

We always take our food/spending money in the form.of gift cards bought with the red card at Target. That 5% discount adds up! Any Disney owned restaurant will take them. We don't like to charge to our room because we feel spending can get out of hand that way.

So that you aren't carrying around 20 different gift cards, you can transfer the balance from several cards on to one or two others on the Disney gift card website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter