• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift Cards

1002jennisue

Earning My Ears
Can Disney gift cards be used anywhere in the park? I'm staying at the Disneyland Hotel, can I use it to pay for the room? OR the tickets that were added to the room. I'm going for a convention in July and had tickets added to the room.

you can use it for the room! The only thing we ran into that we couldn't use it for was the ghiradelli chocolate factory over at California Adventure. Any carts that only take cash won't take them.

There are some shops that aren't owned by Disney, so you can't use the cards there. For example, the magic shop and crystal shop on Main Street do not take gift cards. Most of the restaurants in Downtown Disney do not accept them either, as they are not owned by Disney.

Pretty much all of the stores/restaurants in DTD won't accept them. If it's something you can find elsewhere, don't expect them to take it. Otherwise, you can use them for food, reservations, tickets, or merch!

As others have said, Disney Gift Cards are fairly widely accepted within the Disneyland Resort. The biggest exceptions are any of the third-party locations (e.g., most DTD's shops and restaurants) and the few locations that are cash only (e.g., balloon sellers, coin press machines, etc.). It's also worth noting that the gift card processing system can go down at times (just like any electronic system), so it's worth carrying some amount of cash with you as a fallback.

you can use it for the room! The only thing we ran into that we couldn't use it for was the ghiradelli chocolate factory over at California Adventure. Any carts that only take cash won't take them.

Hmm...I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Were you buying ice cream to eat at the park, or chocolate to take home? We've eaten here before and we almost always use our Disney Visa reward card (a gift card from CC points) to buy food. I am not 100% sure, but I would think we used it there. I certainly have never been told I couldn't use my reward card, but we typically use it just for food.

I was looking at the Disney Gift Card website and the fine print did list a few locations where gift cards cannot be used.
Not accepted at fruit carts and outdoor vending locations, Names Unraveled, Jewels of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, and Crystal Shops
Not accepted at fruit carts and outdoor vending locations, Midway games, and Face Painting at Disney's California Adventure® Park
I'm not sure about the blanket "fruit card and outdoor vending locations" because I've used my cards to buy popcorn, drinks, ice cream, and other food items from outdoor vendors. Still, the list of shops does seem to make sense (all third party locations).

We've also used our cards to buy popcorn and ice cream before. I was told food locations that accept credit cards. I notice it didn't say Ghiradelli was off limits.

We were getting ice cream (the salted caramel sundae which was amazing) and she said they couldn't take the disney gift card.

We've also used our cards to buy popcorn and ice cream before. I was told food locations that accept credit cards. I notice it didn't say Ghiradelli was off limits.

We were getting ice cream (the salted caramel sundae which was amazing) and she said they couldn't take the disney gift card.

They cannot take Disney gift cards but can take Ghirardelli ones. (Sad that Costco no longer sells those.) One DCA Ghirardelli employee told me she is employed by Ghirardelli, not Disney, so I guess they are a third-party location, not shared-branded like the Starbucks in the parks are.

They cannot take Disney gift cards but can take Ghirardelli ones. (Sad that Costco no longer sells those.) One DCA Ghirardelli employee told me she is employed by Ghirardelli, not Disney, so I guess they are a third-party location, not shared-branded like the Starbucks in the parks are.

I know this is sort of off topic, but we have bought Disney gift cards and I was given a Starbucks gift card that I put back to take to Disney with us. Does Starbucks take Starbucks gift cards?

Do the Starbucks in the parks take Disney Gift cards? We aren't going until September, but I was going to start buying a couple gift cards each month for spending money for the kids and myself. One of the souvenirs that I am planning to purchase is a Disneyland Starbucks Mug. :)

Do the Starbucks in the parks take Disney Gift cards? We aren't going until September, but I was going to start buying a couple gift cards each month for spending money for the kids and myself. One of the souvenirs that I am planning to purchase is a Disneyland Starbucks Mug. :)

Honestly, I haven't figured this one out yet. I always used my Disney AP discount and my Starbucks app when purchasing there. Perhaps someone else will read your question and know whether Disney gift cards can be used at the in-parks Starbucks locations.

I've used a Disney Gift Card at the Starbucks INSIDE the parks. I believe the DTD Starbucks does not accept Disney Gift Cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter