gift card - onboard credit under "onboard gifts" refunded automatically?

I heard back from DCL. They confirmed that they've sent the money back but that it can take up to 14 business days! I don't really understand how they take it off the card in seconds but it can take upwards of 2 weeks to get it back. Card still shows a 0 balance. Thank goodness I didn't go over by too much or need that money right now. I think I'll just go back the old way and visit Guest Services. I feel like dealing with all this has taken more time than if I just dealt with it onboard.

Ugh... sorry it has been a hassle. Our strategy lately has been to sort of guesstimate what we are going to spend onboard, and apply gift cards for some amount under that, then just a smallish bill hits the credit card at the end. At least it's worked out pretty well so far. Winning a bingo game helped last cruise, though.

Did you ever get this resolved? Curious in case we (or family members) put extra gift cards on our next cruise. Thanks!

Did you ever get this resolved? Curious in case we (or family members) put extra gift cards on our next cruise. Thanks!
Finally, yes. It took a long time though. I was pretty surprised. It takes them two seconds to pull the money off the card so it's baffling to me that it took over a week to go back on.

I heard back from DCL. They confirmed that they've sent the money back but that it can take up to 14 business days! I don't really understand how they take it off the card in seconds but it can take upwards of 2 weeks to get it back. Card still shows a 0 balance. Thank goodness I didn't go over by too much or need that money right now. I think I'll just go back the old way and visit Guest Services. I feel like dealing with all this has taken more time than if I just dealt with it onboard.
This is actually pretty standard for how refunds go. I know it's still annoying, but not unique to DCL. Many companies easily take your money, then take their time if they need to give it back to you. Not sure why that is (I know they say it's "processing," though I don't know exactly what that means, lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter